DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

GPU is essentially in a separate chamber from the CPU, so the CPu should be fine.
He's just tired of people coming in and asking questions that can be answered by searching the thread since it happens a lot.
I can't really say I blame him, I've gotten short with new posters doing the same before.

I'd also point out that pendragon has no obligation to be professional since he's not a business partner of dan's to my knowledge.
This is the internet, and while it's good to be polite and reasonable, there's no requirement to.

(Also noob isn't really a personal attack, imo. Just a descriptor of your status in the forum since it literally says 'n00bie' under your name, and you are new to the forum)

As a computer geek at 36 years old and begin with a C64 with tape Drive and learn all dos commands to get my work done.

Build over 100 pc i dont see me as a "Noob" and i dont like that word at all.

My Question is why use that word to provoke ?? In this case its better to not answer, if you dont now the answer to my question

Edit: Im thankfull for your answer why you react as you do on new posters on this forum but pls explain good as you did to me.

And dont judge directly.

I think your answer to me was professional and good but i dont buy the noobie thing

Last edited:
wow the community here sucks what a turnoff to buy this case
That is certainly not the case ;) This community is great and has several successful case projects thanks to people like Dan. Don't be turned off by some who get annoyed with new members asking questions.
Try searching the thread based on Dondan's responses only with keywords like Gpu. He mentioned duel fan coolers work better for gpu temp but may increase temp for other components. Although I feel this to be less of a problem because the components essentially pull air in from the outside.
see this post for reference
https://hardforum.com/threads/dan-a...in-the-world.1799326/page-149#post-1042459610

That is certainly not the case ;) This community is great and has several successful case projects thanks to people like Dan. Don't be turned off by some who get annoyed with new members asking questions.
Try searching the thread based on Dondan's responses only with keywords like Gpu. He mentioned duel fan coolers work better for gpu temp but may increase temp for other components. Although I feel this to be less of a problem because the components essentially pull air in from the outside.
see this post for reference
https://hardforum.com/threads/dan-a...in-the-world.1799326/page-149#post-1042459610

On the first post, Dan posted this link to a whole bunch of Cooling data https://hardforum.com/threads/dan-a...-in-the-world.1799326/page-55#post-1041652691
On that post, he posted this:
upload_2016-12-21_16-29-27.png

Top is a Radial Cooler
Bottom is a reference Blower Cooler

As a computer geek at 36 years old and begin with a C64 with tape Drive and learn all dos commands to get my work done.

Build over 100 pc i dont see me as a "Noob" and i dont like that word at all.

My Question is why use that word to provoke ?? In this case its better to not answer, if you dont now the answer to my question

Edit: Im thankfull for your answer why you react as you do on new posters on this forum but pls explain good as you did to me.

And dont judge directly.

I think your answer to me was professional and good but i dont buy the noobie thing
I agree that it's better to just ignore a post if you're just going to be a dick to the person.
It's a frustration thing, and noob is one of the more tame things someone could call you when annoyed

On the first post, Dan posted this link to a whole bunch of Cooling data https://hardforum.com/threads/dan-a...-in-the-world.1799326/page-55#post-1041652691
On that post, he posted this:

Top is a Radial Cooler
Bottom is a reference Blower Cooler
To be fair that's not what Jonas is asking, I think.
He's asking if an open/ non blower cooler will increase CPU temp, and that chart doesn't really address that.
I'm not actually sure if dondan has published info on that specifically, now that I think about it

Please don't judge Dan for the posts of others. In all his communications here Dan has been very cordial, including in response to a few unnecessarily rude criticisms.

And I think overall aside from a few dust ups this thread is full of very helpful people.

I agree that it's better to just ignore a post if you're just going to be a dick to the person.
It's a frustration thing, and noob is one of the more tame things someone could call you when annoyed

To be fair that's not what Jonas is asking, I think.
He's asking if an open/ non blower cooler will increase CPU temp, and that chart doesn't really address that.
I'm not actually sure if dondan has published info on that specifically, now that I think about it

Oh, my bad. I also don't know if he has or not.

Thoughts on the ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard? I'm looking for m.2 nvme support and a buttload of USB 3/3.1 ports for Oculus Rift and sensors.

In my opinion the Asus Z170 pro is the better option. Its cheaper , asus has better software + support and u dont have wireless cables messing around. Everyone has an other opinion on the design, i think the asus looks better too. I hade now 2 newer Asrock boards and i hated the software.. fan controlling pretty much sucks with these boards.

If u really thinking about the 170€ price point, i would go for the Asus VIII Impact, they have a really good resell price and have plenty of usefull gimmicks like keybot etc.

Nice to see lower temp on aftermarket cards in this Case to is it possible that the Cpu temp go up ???

I dont think that the CPU or GPU have an impact on each other, since both chambers are seperated

Last edited:
I got both: Asus Z170 pro and ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac.

Asrock > Asus in terms of quality
(but Asus Impact VIII > ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac, see QVL for memory and oc records).

I had an noctua 12cm cooler on the ASRock Fatal1ty and its very silent. But i would prefer Asus for their fan controller.

By using cashback the asus seems to be the best choice in price-performance.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I found another heatsink that may barely fit. The Jonsbo HP-400.
sweetpic1.jpg

http://www.jonsbo.com/en/products_28_1.html

It would be really interesting to know where these are available. I went to jonsbo.eu (From the "Where to buy" on their website) but they don't even have it there. Google doesn't seem to give me any places either except a few news and threads about that cooler.

*edit*
I found two chinese sites that seems to carry these:
http://www.shop-from-china.com/p-41962804802.html
http://www.buyitmao.com/products/41760438474

The only questions is now, will it fit AM4 (Ryzen/AMD Zen)? I've seen different things about this, some say that it's the same mount as for AM3 and some say that it's a new one.

Jonsbo HP-400 - unliely unless it mentions AM4. It's a new socket with different mount points from what has been said online.

I went with a NH-L9i as a cooler.
As recommended here on the forum I plan to improve it by adding a 25mm height fan.
These two are currently in my selection:
- Noctua NF-B9 redux PWM
- Noctua NF-A9 PWM

Will there be a big difference in cooling performance?
Which one would you recommend?
The NF-A9 can go as high as 2000 turns/min as opposed to the 1600 tuens/min of the NF-B9 redux.

I didn't buy the CPU yet. Probably will be a 6700 or 6700K.

Jonsbo HP-400 - unliely unless it mentions AM4. It's a new socket with different mount points from what has been said online.

I ended up sending an email to them asking if they will be able to supply mounting kits for AM4. We'll see what the answer will be :)

I went with a NH-L9i as a cooler.
As recommended here on the forum I plan to improve it by adding a 25mm height fan.
These two are currently in my selection:
- Noctua NF-B9 redux PWM
- Noctua NF-A9 PWM

Heya, I would go with the A9 PWM. It will be able to cool CPUs a bit better if necessary and if you don't need the performance you can still adjust the RPMs.

So I got this answer from Jonsbo. At least we now know that it's not an option for those going with AM4.

Dear Petter,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your interest in our HP-400.
I am sorry to tell you that in this moment there is no plan to make it supporting future CPU.
But of course there may still be chance for us to make it supporting future CPU in the later time.

Have a good day.

Best regards,
Herman

So about adding the 25mm fan... Did you guys use spacers or something in the middle of the screw mounts? Where the bare screw shows. Without anything, I'm compressing the frame by tightening.

Also, I now own both the C7 and the NH-L9i + A9

Thoughts on the ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard? I'm looking for m.2 nvme support and a buttload of USB 3/3.1 ports for Oculus Rift and sensors.
I have the Z170 Fatal1ty, along with a Rift and 4x sensors. Works just fine, I have had no issues with it. Sensors and HMD are all on the Intel-provided USB 3 ports (not the 3.1 ports from the ASMedia controller), with 2x sensors on USB3 and 2x on USB2 via the provided extension cables.

So about adding the 25mm fan... Did you guys use spacers or something in the middle of the screw mounts? Where the bare screw shows. Without anything, I'm compressing the frame by tightening.

Also, I now own both the C7 and the NH-L9i + A9
You cant overtighten it if i remember correctly because of the thread

I think this or something to this model could have been used on the cases power switch??
What do you guys think?

lighted_power_switch.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Attachments

• lighted power switch.jpg
    lighted power switch.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 100
  • White switch.jpg
    White switch.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 103
I think this or something to this model could have been used on the cases power switch??
What do you guys think?

lighted_power_switch.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
Nice idea! I already own the second one. Its a good quality product, will try to build it into the case.

I was finally able to buy one from someone who decided to sell their Kickstarter position, super excited to get it. That being said, is it worth ordering custom length cables for the sf600? The current cables are reasonably short already.

I was finally able to buy one from someone who decided to sell their Kickstarter position, super excited to get it. That being said, is it worth ordering custom length cables for the sf600? The current cables are reasonably short already.

The problem with the SF600 cables is that the mid-wire SATA power uses a T-shaped connector. This means that the cable will run into the case wall or floor and put pressure on the drive's connector. Cablemod uses a straight-in-and-out connector that works better in tight spaces.

The problem with the SF600 cables is that the mid-wire SATA power uses a T-shaped connector. This means that the cable will run into the case wall or floor and put pressure on the drive's connector. Cablemod uses a straight-in-and-out connector that works better in tight spaces.
I was planning on making my own SATA connector anyway, so I guess I should be fine with the original ATX and EPS cables.

Pics? Are you talking about the NH-L9i and the screws that came with it to install a 25mm fan?

I'm using the screws that came with the L9i. It comes with these screws specifically to mount this fan. Maybe I'm just being dumb?

Attachments

• upload_2016-12-25_13-47-11.png
    upload_2016-12-25_13-47-11.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 103
wtf thats pretty much overtighten...

That's why I was wondering if any of you guys had a solution. Unless I barely tighten at all (which will definitely cause rattle), it'll flex

Edit: It looks worse in that picture than it really is. The dampeners were loose

That's why I was wondering if any of you guys had a solution. Unless I barely tighten at all (which will definitely cause rattle), it'll flex

Edit: It looks worse in that picture than it really is. The dampeners were loose

so back out the screws a bit. whats the big deal?! my sp120s do that.

So, would the window kit require a new side panel since it has standoffs to lift the plastic, or would it work with existing panels?

So, would the window kit require a new side panel since it has standoffs to lift the plastic, or would it work with existing panels?
I thought the kits were both a panel and the plexi so you didn't have to do the mod yourself

I thought the kits were both a panel and the plexi so you didn't have to do the mod yourself
That's what they look like to me since you'd have to cut the hole in the regular panel yourself in order to install it.
It would be really cool if we could get something that's kinda like a full tempered glass panel with no aluminum part so we could show off the entire side, but that's no readable due to airflow.

That's what they look like to me since you'd have to cut the hole in the regular panel yourself in order to install it.
It would be really cool if we could get something that's kinda like a full tempered glass panel with no aluminum part so we could show off the entire side, but that's no readable due to airflow.
tempered idk but plexi I think you could if you drilled vent holes over the gpu fan. like the new mini origin with a 1080 in it. I guess you could get a glass shop to drill tempered, maybe?! I don't think this looks too bad:

upload_2016-12-26_9-55-42.png

so back out the screws a bit. whats the big deal?! my sp120s do that.

I'm just trying to make sure it's secure. I just thought someone might have done something better than eyeballing a secure fit, which I apparently have already failed at.

Back