DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

Which PSU? Silverstone 700W SFX-L Platinum, Silverstone 800W SFX-L Titanium (unreleased), or Corsair 600W SFX. Planning for a 6700k/1080 ti (if ti's out, otherwise a 1070). I already own the 6700k, it won't be overclocked when it moves to the DAN with C7 cooler. My goal is silence, or as quiet as I can get it. I'd like the PSU fan to be off as much as possible. If C7 cooler ends up making noise, I may start attaching heat pipes to the aluminum chassis from the C7 Pipes until it calms down. Hopefully kaby lake i7s run a bit cooler.

Why do you hate perfection?

Sorry, i didn't mean it to sound like "hate", it's just my taste of desing/brand...

I mean... just look at this logo...

silverstone logo.png

Isn't it lovely? :)

Which PSU? Silverstone 700W SFX-L Platinum, Silverstone 800W SFX-L Titanium (unreleased), or Corsair 600W SFX. Planning for a 6700k/1080 ti (if ti's out, otherwise a 1070). I already own the 6700k, it won't be overclocked when it moves to the DAN with C7 cooler. My goal is silence, or as quiet as I can get it. I'd like the PSU fan to be off as much as possible. If C7 cooler ends up making noise, I may start attaching heat pipes to the aluminum chassis from the C7 Pipes until it calms down. Hopefully kaby lake i7s run a bit cooler.

Both the 700 and 800 watt will be overkill. I'd go with the Corsair 600w.

Anyone that have experience with the recommended CPU coolers on the homepage, or any good suggestions for alternatives to the Cryorig C7 which the majority seems to favour (it seems impossible to get in Europe for the near future, so looking at alternative options).

I believe there was a previous post addressing that the Noctua L9i will not provide sufficient cooling, so I guess that’s out of the picture…

Thinking 6700k and let us just assume with no major overclocking.

The Corsair 600 looks like the best bet. I think over that is overkill, even for a 1080Ti or Titan. By December or when the cases start shipping/arriving, hopefully whatever fan profile issue these units had earlier will be solved.

If you're not going to overclock, it might be worth to try some undervolting before attaching heatpipes :D

The Corsair 600 looks like the best bet. I think over that is overkill, even for a 1080Ti or Titan. By December or when the cases start shipping/arriving, hopefully whatever fan profile issue these units had earlier will be solved.

fans are too loud on all of these for my liking. If Silverstone 800w SFX-L releases with an improved fan profile I'll bite.

LinusTechTips was able to fit a gtx 1080 Classified and that card is a beast. Look at the measurements for the EVGA and compare it to the MSI.

Most of your questions have been covered in this forum. If you are unable to find it with the search forum just post the question up to everyone. Dondan is swamped with questions.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Today I got the final release sample with the number 0001 of the A4-SFX from Lian Li.

It includes:
- the printed carton
- the printed user manual
- the ac power cable out of one piece (not zip ties and heat shrink tube like for the old samples)
- the serieal number label on the backside
- the optimized USB 3.0 internal cable for maximum durableness
- the optimized SFX holder bracket for Corsair SFX support

I will provide pictures on weekend ;)

Here are some pictures I made today of the final release sample:

1qtsf9.jpg

2zbsio.jpg

3cosk5.jpg

4c3sli.jpg

5h7s9c.jpg

662ssm.jpg

74js3p.jpg

8p2s4a.jpg

9pgsjr.jpg

104vso6.jpg

Anyone that have experience with the recommended CPU coolers on the homepage, or any good suggestions for alternatives to the Cryorig C7 which the majority seems to favour (it seems impossible to get in Europe for the near future, so looking at alternative options).

I believe there was a previous post addressing that the Noctua L9i will not provide sufficient cooling, so I guess that’s out of the picture…

Thinking 6700k and let us just assume with no major overclocking.
You can pick up the Cryorig C7 for £30 here from Ebuyer if you're in the UK:
Cryorig C7 Slim heatpipe CPU Cooler - Ebuyer

That looks fantastic!
You said the USB 3.0 cable was modified from older prototypes, I assume it's a little shorter?

Yes shorter and the area where the cable goes into the socket with the front port was modified. In the old version the outer surface of the cable can move out the socket if you bend it often. The new version has a longer socket so the cable will stay inside the socket.

image2auqo.jpg

Last edited:
Looks fantastic dondan! I'm curious if you've put in any thought about version 2 of A4-SFX? Do you know what kind of changes you'll made. I can't imagine much needs to be done.

PS: Let me know if you need someone to take that Dan A4-SFX No.00001 off your hands for you!

You can pick up the Cryorig C7 for £30 here from Ebuyer if you're in the UK:
Cryorig C7 Slim heatpipe CPU Cooler - Ebuyer

Thanks MrLahn. I am unfortunately kind of next door in Denmark - but now I at least know they are available, and I can do some more digging or take a little trip.

And dondan it looks so good, right down to the detail of the user manual, congratulations. Very excited to buy this unique little case and encourage all around me to do the same

Thanks MrLahn. I am unfortunately kind of next door in Denmark - but now I at least know they are available, and I can do some more digging or take a little trip.

And dondan it looks so good, right down to the detail of the user manual, congratulations. Very excited to buy this unique little case and encourage all around me to do the same

Are you in a real hurry to get the C7, or do you just need it in time for the A4-SFX arriving? komplett.dk will get it on the 7th of october according to themselves (the same date as komplett in sweden) :)

Reactions: Jspr
like this
Are you in a real hurry to get the C7, or do you just need it in time for the A4-SFX arriving? komplett.dk will get it on the 7th of october according to themselves (the same date as komplett in sweden) :)

You have a point there pellen. I would actually like it earlier for my ncase m1 build (purely to keep me occupied until A4-SFX) - then again I'm also waiting for the Asus ROG STRIX 1080 which have a boring streak going with being out of stock. But the waiting game seems to be the way to go, the Cryorig C7 really seems like the best option.

Case looks great!!!! so excited.

Whats the current recommendation for a 1070 custom cooler that is quietest for this case.

The gigabyte has a higher dB rating on Guru3d, whilst the MSI gaming X and the EVGA SC have the lowest 'measured' dB level. (this was based on Guru3D reviews)

If i recall correctly, there are concerns over being able to fit the power connects onto the MSI Gaming X unless the power connectors are custom cut to be right angle connectors, and getting the card in might require removal of the PCI extender to get in under the metal lip of the case.

Based on this, the EVGA SC seems like a pretty good choice, having one of the lowest noise, ease of fit, and well lined up fans to the intake vent holes. Getting angled connectors don't worry me, its just that in the past few generations, EVGA hasn't been particularly quiet performers. This time round it seems to be one of the better ones??

Case looks great!!!! so excited.

Whats the current recommendation for a 1070 custom cooler that is quietest for this case.

The gigabyte has a higher dB rating on Guru3d, whilst the MSI gaming X and the EVGA SC have the lowest 'measured' dB level. (this was based on Guru3D reviews)

If i recall correctly, there are concerns over being able to fit the power connects onto the MSI Gaming X unless the power connectors are custom cut to be right angle connectors, and getting the card in might require removal of the PCI extender to get in under the metal lip of the case.

Based on this, the EVGA SC seems like a pretty good choice, having one of the lowest noise, ease of fit, and well lined up fans to the intake vent holes. Getting angled connectors don't worry me, its just that in the past few generations, EVGA hasn't been particularly quiet performers. This time round it seems to be one of the better ones??

I'm sure you can set your own fan curve to control the noise, unless you're using Linux?
Then getting the longest and widest cards with the heaviest heatsinks will allow you to run the fans at the lowest rpm at the same temperatures.

Hi there!
Any idea when the case should be available on caseking here in Germany? Would love to build a system soon and your design is just what I've been looking for!

I'm sure you can set your own fan curve to control the noise, unless you're using Linux?
Then getting the longest and widest cards with the heaviest heatsinks will allow you to run the fans at the lowest rpm at the same temperatures.
Not always truth. There are a lot of factors that influence heat exchange besides heatsink size. In this case for example MSI offers an enormous heatsink that performs marginally better than the much smaller evga one (1 dBA louder for 2 °C lower load temp). It even performs WORSE (+ 10 °C) at idle (Source: techpowerup)

I would just check multiple reviews and pick from what data you can collect for each card. I'm partial to EVGA as the customer support is just too good for me and the new coolers with the added aluminum accents look great specially on the silver Dan A4 SFX.

Hey guys, can't wait to get my hands on one of these. In the mean time while I slowly collect my arsenal of itx parts does anyone know if the stock cooler that came with my 3770k will fit in this case? I've heard that you need a low profile cooler for this but in the gallery images it looks like a stock Intel cooler is being used so I'm note sure.

Today I ordered the cases. Production will start next week. :)
Awesome! I'm super pumped!

Kicking myself for not jumping onboard during the Kickstarter campaign. Looking forward to ordering one once they go up for sale though.

Back