DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

It would be nice to see a 500w or 550w Platinum rated SFX psu as overclocking will be limited on the cpu and moderate at best for the gpu. If Corsair were to come out with a 550-600w SFX-L platinum rated psu, would you guys choose that over the SF450 or SF600?
No need when your SFX PSU is that good!

No need when your SFX PSU is that good!

In that case, I would like to see an SF500. It would be in Corsair's best interest to release an SF500 to compete against the upcoming Silverstone modular 500w. It pretty much almost hits platinum rating already.

CknSalad

I think the SF450 can deliver 500W of power, as the SF650 can do it as far as 700W.

I think i'm going to use the SF450, as long it is enough to ''feed'' an i7 6700 (Or variant) without OC + GTX 1070 OC'ed.

(Maybe this system consume something like 375W full load, including HDD + SSD + Fan of the cpu fan, so i think it's good.)

CknSalad

I think the SF450 can deliver 500W of power, as the SF650 can do it as far as 700W.

I think i'm going to use the SF450, as long it is enough to ''feed'' an i7 6700 (Or variant) without OC + GTX 1070 OC'ed.
(Maybe this system consume something like 375W full load, including HDD + SSD + Fan of the cpu fan, so i think it's good.)

SF450 should power easily, but for peace of mind and a quieter running psu, I am probably going to wait for an SF500 to come out. If Corsair came out with an 550-600w SFX-L and it has comparable/just as good voltage regulation and efficiency as the SF600, I would probably go with that instead since I am fine with just even one SSD.

If anyone needs a PSU, FRYS.com has the SF450 for 69.99 after rebate, coupon, and free shipping. Cheapest I've seen for this PSU. You can google a $10 off coupon, or signup for their newsletter and they send you one. Then there is a $10 MIR through Corsair on the page you can download the PDF.

So is it crazy to try and get away with an SFX 450 powering a never overclocked Titan X? One review had the Titan at 384w with no OC total system draw with an i7.

So is it crazy to try and get away with an SFX 450 powering a never overclocked Titan X? One review had the Titan at 384w with no OC total system draw with an i7.
All the reviews I have seen of the sf450 found it was capable of over 500 watts so it should be OK, although this may depend whether you will oc the CPU as well.

It should be okay as long as you keep cpu stock or perhaps at even 4.2 GHz (i7 6700K). You will be pushing it a bit on demanding games like Crysis 3 or Witcher 3 High/Ultra Settings at 2k/4k resolution. I would personally go for 550-600w psu, so if you can stomach the extra $30 or so, I would go for the SF600.

If you can wait longer, it may be worth it to wait for a 550-600w SFX-L psu if you are more sensitive to noise.

No, u wont have any Problems with a 450Watt sfx Power Supppy. Just get a good one like the corsair. Their sfx series is a little bit better then silverstones

Yeah my primary desire for the corsair 450 is I have heard it is the quietest of the bunch. Although I suppose if I am pushing it at near full load in gaming it's going to get noisy regardless.

I'm not in a rush to buy anything though. We get these cases in what, December or something? Plenty of time. I look forward to what the next few months bring.

450W SFX supplies aren't enough to overclock a 6700K and Titan X Pascal. I had to swap in the corsair 600W SFX because when running benches w/ the silverstone 450W SFX my PC was randomly power cycling. No more issues after the swap.

You might get by with it in this case, since CPU heatsinks are limited and you won't likely be running 4.6GHz+.

I know there were a couple of people who were looking to sell if you go back a few pages.

450W SFX supplies aren't enough to overclock a 6700K and Titan X Pascal. I had to swap in the corsair 600W SFX because when running benches w/ the silverstone 450W SFX my PC was randomly power cycling. No more issues after the swap.

You might get by with it in this case, since CPU heatsinks are limited and you won't likely be running 4.6GHz+.

Could you please tell me what hardware did you put with the 450W SFX PSU? And what OC did you do to that hardware?

Thank you. :)

SF450 would be just fine for 4.2GHz i7 6700k and GTX 1080 OC (max I would OC to using the CryOrig C7 in our Dan A4s). It would be around 60-64% load (converting the DC watts) depending on which game you play as well as graphics settings. Very high graphics settings usually is more than good enough without pushing your hardware like crazy especially on 2k and up resolutions.

dondan, would it be possible to see how far you can overclock an unlocked i7 to using the CryOrig C7 and post the results?

Anyone selling one of their cases PM me. I won't pay over what it will sell for retail but I'd rather not wait until retail either. The closer you live to the U.S. the better. Thanks.

Also Dan I emailed you some compatibility questions as well as questions about availability for the U.S.

Last edited:

it would work, but with no margin of error. as a side note, I think it would be irresponsible for anyone to recommend you run a computer with barely enough power, even if it should theoretically work

it would work, but with no margin of error. as a side note, I think it would be irresponsible for anyone to recommend you run a computer with barely enough power, even if it should theoretically work
I guess a bit of a headroom is good for your peace of mind. But I always cringe when I read some people's recommendations to have double the amount of power that your system draws at your disposal so that your PSU runs at that magical (hint: it's not) 50% load.
Imho the Corsair SF 450 would be sufficient for a 6700K and Titan X as long as you don't overclock the Titan too much (the reference cooler wouldn't allow you to do so anyways). But I'd gladly pay 30 more bucks for its bigger sibling, the SF 600. If you can afford to buy a Titan X, an additional 30 bucks are laughable.

Last edited:
i think that with my next dan a4 i will buy a sx700lpt an i5 6600 and a gtx 1080-gtx 1080ti so i'll have more room and a quieter system

probably i will go with sf450...my gtx 1080 and i5 6600 wouldn't cause problems i think...what do ypu think?

I thinking about buying the following components for my A4-SFX (If Intel doesn't relase Kabby Lake and there is a reason for that), I have a new Asus 1080 Strix (non OC) already.

ASUS Z170I PRO GAMING
Intel Core i7 6700 3,4 GHz 8MB + Cryorig C7
Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz CL18 Vengeance LPX Black
Corsair SF450 450W
Samsung 950-series PRO 512GB M.2 NVMe

My main concern are the Samsung M.2 SSD. There has been reports that it is running HOT and I am concerned that sloted under the mainboard might be an issue? What do you think?

I thinking about buying the following components for my A4-SFX (If Intel doesn't relase Kabby Lake and there is a reason for that), I have a new Asus 1080 Strix (non OC) already.

ASUS Z170I PRO GAMING
Intel Core i7 6700 3,4 GHz 8MB + Cryorig C7
Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz CL18 Vengeance LPX Black
Corsair SF450 450W
Samsung 950-series PRO 512GB M.2 NVMe

My main concern are the Samsung M.2 SSD. There has been reports that it is running HOT and I am concerned that sloted under the mainboard might be an issue? What do you think?
i think that with this rig a sf450w would be a truly silent and a right choice because a sf600 is a bit noiser than sf450...Silverstone sx700lpt shut down if you have a non well ventilated case so:) i think that ssd not will be a problem...i'll use a ssd sata.

Could you please tell me what hardware did you put with the 450W SFX PSU? And what OC did you do to that hardware?

Thank you. :)

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, and Titan X pascal @ +200MHz on core and ram.

System is in my sig (just replace old Titan with new one, and had to swap out the PSU for corsair 600W SFX). I've since returned my Titan to stock clocks, was getting too hot running ARK @ 3440 x 1440 w/ max settings on everything.

Review is out on vessel! Cant See it tho. Still at work

I hope the one who uploaded it on vimeo last time will help us out soon :D

@ the ones with vessel subscription: Any important testing/conclusion in the review?

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, and Titan X pascal @ +200MHz on core and ram.

System is in my sig (just replace old Titan with new one, and had to swap out the PSU for corsair 600W SFX). I've since returned my Titan to stock clocks, was getting too hot running ARK @ 3440 x 1440 w/ max settings on everything.

How is the noise with the 600w vs the 450 (when the 450 was working, at least.)

Reviews say the SF600 has a more "aggressive" fan profile than the 450, and Tom's review said Corsair told them this was not intended (implication to me being it would get fixed.) The fan profile is my primary issue here. I plan on using the PC for streaming media at 4k in addition to gaming and I don't want the 600 fan getting antsy when it doesn't need to. I won't overclock the Titan and may barely OC the i7.

I want this case now. Luke finished driving it home. Now I'm anxious for it to release or someone to seriously sell theirs.

How is the noise with the 600w vs the 450 (when the 450 was working, at least.)

Reviews say the SF600 has a more "aggressive" fan profile than the 450, and Tom's review said Corsair told them this was not intended (implication to me being it would get fixed.) The fan profile is my primary issue here. I plan on using the PC for streaming media at 4k in addition to gaming and I don't want the 600 fan getting antsy when it doesn't need to. I won't overclock the Titan and may barely OC the i7.

To be honest, I can't hear it at idle, and at full pc loads my videocard makes the most noise (so I cant hear it then either).

Thanks for the video!

What shipping issues is the reviewer talking about? The case hasnt even shipped yet!

Other than that, seems like a glowing review to me. Bet there'll be a lot of interest when the video gets on youtube.

I think luke is talking about other kickstarted projects having shipping issues, I also thought that was a bit out of place.

Back