DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

None of your points make any sense... They are not reselling this, it is going straight from their website, and have you heard of an early adopters tax? Nothing new. On the LTT forum, Dan said around $200-$230.

Check few posts above and come back here again. Caseking and OverClockersUS are "Dan A4 Official Resellers" . You expect those resellers work for free or a penny?

At this point everything you say is bullshit... It's 2.2 slots and 307mm long.

That 2.5 slots were listed by mistake. 40mm in thick is absolutely dual slot spec. And its length is 300mm, not 307. You clearly don't know what you are talking about. I'm done with you now.

For the price question...

This is how the Kickstarter price was calculated:
pre tax (Netto price): 177,60 €
German TAX: +33,76€
after tax (Brutto price): 211,42€
-----------------------------
Kickstarter fees: +18,58€
Payment fees for each transition: +0,20€
Kickstarter price: 230€

because KS is a US based company I don't have to add TAX for the payment fees!

So the reseller will save the Kickstarter fees and will get a better brutto price because they take many cases. Currently I don't have a final price from them but as I know the price will be higher as 230€. I think the price will be 230-250€.

!!! This calculation is based on EURO !!!

baonguyen312 I can't give you a 100% guarantee. For every long card that is only some millimeters shorter as the max length, it could be that you have not enough room to maneuver the card inside. The reason a simple, while moving the card inside the case the card has an angled position. This angled position will make the card longer because of its thickness.

Maybe a stupid question but how are the PCIe power cables routed? With regard to those that want a card that barely fits length/height wise.

I want to sell my case i ordered via the kickstarter campaign anyone interestet? PM me cheers.

For the price question...

This is how the Kickstarter price was calculated:
pre tax (Netto price): 177,60 €
German TAX: +33,76€
after tax (Brutto price): 211,42€
Kickstarter fees: +18,58€
Payment fees for each transition: +0,20€
Kickstarter price: 230€

because KS is a US based company I don't have to add TAX for the payment fees!

So the reseller will save the Kickstarter fees and will get a better brutto price because they take many cases. Currently I don't have a final price from them but as I know the price will be higher as 230€. I think the price will be 230-250€.

!!! This calculation is based on EURO !!!

baonguyen312 I can't give you a 100% guarantee. For every long card that is only some millimeters shorter as the max length, it could be that you have not enough room to maneuver the card inside. The reason a simple, while moving the card inside the case the card has an angled position. This angled position will make the card longer because of its thickness.
Do you have any resellers in the States, and if so, what is the price range we can expect? $250 is the max I'm guessing because you guys have it for 230€, but without fees.

You should expect the higher price than Kickstarter price since you have to add up profits for resellers. Additionally, people would get mad if they have to pay premium for their early support.

I read Dondan's explanation about the price, but, I thought the price was going to be lower than on the kickstarter campaign. In a crowdfunding system, you have to pay not only the cost of the item, but also the development, profit and starting costs.

What's you benefit? You contribute for the viability of the project (if you don't contribute, the campaign may not be successful), you have the privilege to be one of the first to have it, and you will guarantee that you actually get one case, because the project may not became commercial after the campaign.

I think at this price tag, the case will sell again in a initial phase, for all those who missed the crowdfunding campaign, but it will be a luxury item that eventually will stop selling with time.

Even with resellers profit, the price should be lower...

Reactions: D0T0T
like this
Do you have any resellers in the States, and if so, what is the price range we can expect? $250 is the max I'm guessing because you guys have it for 230€, but without fees.

I am back from my hollidays and I have some great news for you.

Now it is official, the A4-SFX will be available in future! Caseking Germany and Overclockers UK become official reseller partner of DAN Cases UG (haftungsbeschränkt). Caseking will do the shipment in Europe and Overclockers UK for the rest of the world. The A4-SFX will be available after I shiped all Kickstarter orders.

reseller3xyudr.jpg

As I know many KS campaigns have a lower price as later on the market. A good example is the pebble watch.

at 250 EUR which is around 280 USD this is almost 2 times price of NCASE M1. And NCASE is an established product allowing desktop fan K processor, liquid cooling for extra 2 liters of volume.

that netto price could be reduced. otherwise many potential customers will opt for M1

at 250 EUR which is around 280 USD this is almost 2 times price of NCASE M1. And NCASE is an established product allowing desktop fan K processor, liquid cooling for extra 2 liters of volume.

that netto price could be reduced. otherwise many potential customers will opt for M1
What about the riser cable cost?

Well if Dan wanted to charge $1.000 for the case, he is on his right to do so. It is a lot to say already that he answers our questions on this thread. Is up to you whether you buy it or not... But no need to be pushy about the matter.

And that's just how it is.
I payed more for my Ncase than I did for the Dan-case. Why? Because dan-case is INSIDE the EU, and Ncase is not. :)

That includes German VAT, which, like the kickstarter will probably be settled with the shipping cost. That said, the kickstarter cases went for 230 EUR so I really don't see the problem here.
If you think it's too expensive, it's not going to get much cheaper unless some major manufacturer picks it up and given the bloody expensive riser that's in there, I doubt that will happen.

at 250 EUR which is around 280 USD this is almost 2 times price of NCASE M1.

For us in Germany it is not 2 times.

A4-SFX = 230-250€ including TAX and shipping
M1 = 166€ + 27€ shipping + 19% TAX = 230€

And NCASE is an established product allowing desktop fan K processor, liquid cooling for extra 2 liters of volume.

Also for the Volume your are wrong, the difference is 5,35L:

A4-SFX = 7.25L
M1 = 12.6L

Maybe and maybe not. The good thing is, however the customers decide they will get a good case.

Great case indeed! I can't wait for this bad boy...I've been following this for over a year and set up the first x99itx with the dynatron t318 with pics...good times. Now I need to sell my Lian-Li PC-05s. Thanks Dan for such a cool little case.

You should expect the higher price than Kickstarter price since you have to add up profits for resellers. Additionally, people would get mad if they have to pay premium for their early support.

I can only speak for myself but I will not care one iota if the subsequent run is cheaper. I understand if a second privately financed run with resellers involved might lead to a lower price (or not) and I am proud to have contributed to the first run and the privilege of getting the case in that first batch.

Keep up the excellent work Dan, and I hope this case continues its excellent run of success.

Double shipping is playing a part in the higher cost. I'm not sure why it was decided against having Lian Li ship things directly from Taiwan like the NCASE M1.

As I know many KS campaigns have a lower price as later on the market. A good example is the pebble watch.

Will this be available in the USA in sites like Newegg/Amazon, or will you sell it from your website?

D0T0T: If you don't read my posts in this thread I can't help you. Also Nanook quote it for you.

It will be sold through Caseking.de and Overclockers.co.uk end 2016. I will not sell it over a shop on my website.

I add the example configurations section to the first post in this thread:
I will update this list from time to time.

Example Configurations

Pricebreaker: https://geizhals.eu/… ( I play in 1080p, most FPS for € / $)
Performance: https://geizhals.eu/… ( I play in 1440p, VR ready, best balance between money and FPS )
High-End: https://geizhals.eu/… ( I play in 2160p, VR ready, only OC can give you more FPS for that money)
Enthusiast: https://geizhals.eu/… ( I play in 2160p, VR ready, 6 cores+, money doesn't matter )

Last edited:
Oh wow, very cool to see your case is listed on geizhals already. I guess caseking did that for you, right?

Example Configurations

Performance: https://geizhals.eu/… ( I play in 1440p, VR ready, best balance between money and FPS )
High-End: https://geizhals.eu/… ( I play in 2160p, VR ready, only OC can give you more FPS for that money)
Enthusiast: https://geizhals.eu/… ( I play in 2160p, VR ready, 6 cores+, money doesn't matter )

Looks pretty good. Maybe consider adding US based setups with PCPartPicker if you're going to be sharing on your site.

For all the people moaning about the price, Dondan sold 1700 cases without issue in 30 days and after Linus builds in it and posts the video on LTT, there will easily be the demand for ten times what's already sold. Why should the case be cheaper other than the fact that you lot are too poor to pay for it?

Its not exactly a Review. He more Talks about a small gaming Setup with the Dan case. He doesnt really Review the case,its more a Build Example.

He doesnt eventuell rate the case with pro and Cons

about 11 years ago the LianLi PC-A05 thread started, it was the most popular case thread in [H] (I'm still using what I call the 2nd version from it)
6-7 years ago (?) then things started to get smaller, lots of threads... Q08, Q25, PC-V354, FT03-Mini, Sugo SG05 , Bitfenix Prodigy, Silverstone SG09/SG06, Cooler Master Elite 130, etc
then we wanted to go smaller but manufacturers didn't offer lots of options so the NCASE M1 thread was created 4 years ago (title was Aluminum SG05 evolution by Lian Li)
then DAN-A4 idea was born 3 years ago
waiting for the next step

the op in the a05 thread:
I'm confident that I can fit my main rig in there (not that I'm going to, just that I can :D)

Example Configurations

Why choose the B150/H110 chipset over the Z170? To my understanding, the Z170 is more flexible, while the B/H are safer, but less ideal, especially for games.

Back