DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

Wow, according to kicktraq, the kickstarter project has the third most funding of all kickstarter projects today :woot:
Kicktraq top 10.png

It also states we're trending towards 6,6 million euros but I think that is slightly optimistic :p
A4-SFX trending towards.png

The H75 will not fit inside the case.

Even with modding the hoses?

48mm is the clearance right?

So slim fan that will attach through the cpu psu cover side into the rad and figure out the hoses and away we go?

Rad on the H75 is 27mm thick plus a 15mm slim fan is 42mm.

Also dondan I don't know if there has been any temp testing for the case ( Always a worry ya know ) and wondered if you had anything on that.

Even with modding the hoses?

48mm is the clearance right?

So slim fan that will attach through the cpu psu cover side into the rad and figure out the hoses and away we go?

Rad on the H75 is 27mm thick plus a 15mm slim fan is 42mm.

Also dondan I don't know if there has been any temp testing for the case ( Always a worry ya know ) and wondered if you had anything on that.
There's info in the OP about cooling performance.
If you mod a SFX-L PSU you might be able to mount the radiator there if you're using a short/ ITX GPU, but otherwise, no, it won't fit inside the case.
Dondan's picture at the top of this page is the only way to use an AIO/ watercooling in general without modding.

A 19% tax on a 230EUR case is 43.70EUR. Even after offsetting the shipping fee to say, USA - 20EUR, we're still over paying by 23.70 EUR. Where does this cash go then? I don't expect we'll get a refund for it.

Just take note backers.

Would you refund this amount if nothing goes wrong and you'll not need to pay the full VAT?

non-EU buyers should not have to pay something that they should not have to pay.

I don't know how to say this...

COULD YOU JUST SHUT THE F$%K UP AND PAY?!

GUYS... YOU ARE IN FRONT OF A ONE OF A KIND PRODUCT

YOU ARE JUST PAYING $230+...

FOR THE EFFORT, THE TIME, THE SACRIFFICE, THE WORK, THE IDEA, THE DEVELOPMENT, THE DESING, THE PERFECTIONISM THAT DAN MADE THROUGH 2 F@#KING YEARS, 2 YEARS!!!

AND YOU ARE CRYING FOR THE TAXES, VAT, SHIPPING OR WHATEVER....

IF YOU ARE PAYING $230, WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL OF PAYING EXTRA $20 OR EVEN $50???

JUST PAY...

IF DAN KEEPS THE MONEY OR NOT... THAT'S OUT OF YOUR F@#KING BUSSINESS!!!

THAT MAN DESERVES THE MONEY, AND YET HE IS TRYING HIS BEST TO LOWER THE PRICE THE MOST THAT HE CAN, SO ALL OF YOU LADIES CAN HAVE ONE...

NOTHING IS FREE IN THIS WORLD, AND NO ONE IS RICH HERE, I KNOW, BUT COME ON GUYS...

BE EASY WITH DAN, HE IS JUST A MAN... LIKE ALL OF US...

Sorry for being so rude guys... I just got pissed off, and i needed to get it out...

Peace off

image.jpg
Just incase people think I'm just bashing / hating on the ncase m1 (sad to see this going for $300 plus on ebay and people are crying over this dan a4 case's price point which cost a lot cheaper than the over hyped price of the ncase m1 "completed / sold" prices on ebay). Here's authentic picture proof of my build with the ncase m1 v2 (yes I been had a cryorig c7 before the hype with a titan x). This picture was just recently like 1 week before I sold my ncase m1 v2 super fast on sf bay craigslist for way under $160 which was dirt cheap due to the fact it wasn't carrying in a back pack friendly for me personally. The weight felt like 30-45lbs, this was real life no paid reviewing from my very own personal test. (I also paid way more than retail just for the ncase m1 v2, it's coo even though I lost money selling it for dirt cheap). The weight was just only 5-7lbs less than my fractal node 202 and the fractal node 202 was already hella heavy, carrying around in my back pack than my ncase m1 v2 (even thought the fractal node 202 is hella skinner than the ncase m1 and is better looking than any rzv01 / rvz02 / cougar qbx period). Unlike other people, I don't get paid to do reviews or hate on products like a billion of other people online do. FACTS!!!! I can't wait to install my build (from my fractal node 202, into my new dan a4 itx case :cool: Hopefully it makes it to me sooner than on my birthday month of dec :p

I already pledged, but I too am interested in the timeline. It says October-December but also says shipping in October. The Kickstarter ends on the 28th of June, but the goal has already been met within a day. Can you give optimists any hope that it will arrive sooner than expected? I ask because I might hold off on ordering parts since Kaby Lake might come out around the time I get my case, but if it comes out sooner I'll go ahead and start ordering parts now.

I've been watching what's been happening with this case for a while now and thought I'd join up to say how excited I am that this is progressing. :D
I've pledged for one and there is 887 backers so far, so looking good :)

I was actually quite nervous when I got the email and saw that the Kickstarter was going live in the middle of the night last night and feared that I would miss the opportunity.

Congratulations on getting it this far. :)

The weight felt like 30-45lbs, this was real life no paid reviewing from my very own personal test. (I also paid way more than retail just for the ncase m1 v2, it's coo even though I lost money selling it for dirt cheap). The weight was just only 5-7lbs less than my fractal node 202 and the fractal node 202 was already hella heavy, carrying around in my back pack than my ncase m1 v2
Most of the weight comes from the components, not from the case itself. That's especially true when you're dealing with lightweight aluminum cases like the A4 and M1, and the weight difference is probably negligible between those two. The only real weight savings I can see with moving your build from the M1 to the A4 is in losing the extra case fans, but it won't be a huge difference overall. A fully-loaded build in any of these cases is quite dense, and feels surprisingly heavy for its size. The A4 won't be an exception to that.

I will say the smaller size of the A4 should make it less cumbersome to transport, compared to the M1 or Node 202. It's a bigger factor than weight, IMO.

Most of the weight comes from the components, not from the case itself. That's especially true when you're dealing with lightweight aluminum cases like the A4 and M1, and the weight difference is probably negligible between those two. The only real weight savings I can see with moving your build from the M1 to the A4 is in losing the extra case fans, but it won't be a huge difference overall. A fully-loaded build in any of these cases is quite dense, and feels surprisingly heavy for its size. The A4 won't be an exception to that.

I will say the smaller size of the A4 should make it less cumbersome to transport, compared to the M1 or Node 202. It's a bigger factor than weight, IMO.
Yes! I forgot to mention it's hella smaller in size, which makes it a crap load easier to carry around not only just the weight. Trust me I've bought the best of the best itx cases (which one only a few from my personal liking, yup I'm hella picky) that ever existed and the only one that is the best to carry around with me right now is my NFC S4 mini from nfc josh. The NFC S4 mini with my build and my voodoo 350w psu with my headset, keyboard, mouse, xbox elite controller weights about 20-25 pounds less than the ncase m1 v2 / fractal node 202 period. And the dan a4 is not that much bigger than my NFC S4 mini itx case. I know what I'm saying because I own / buy only the best itx cases that people claim them to be. I don't bother with anything else that's not itx. The first build I did was AMD based parts back in 2007, after that very first build I only went nvidia components with only itx form pc cases all the way. If you've ever owned an nfc s4 mini case, you'll know this is case weights only around 12-15lbs with a complete build and a voodoo 350w psu. Then you'll know what I'm saying about weight. I don't go by "hey look at me I've a veteran on the forums trust me". I do my own test because a lot of people think this and that and don't have proof to begin with. I'm not hating on your opinion, I know how much what weighs since I always carry / bring my pc around with me everywhere. I know this dan a4 itx case is going to weight lighter than the ncase m1 v2 and my fractal node 202 I've owned. Smaller foot print means a lot less bulky / weight to carry around with. Everyone never talks about how the fractal node 202 real weight is after a build. It's heavy as hell to carry on my back.

Last edited:
The NFC S4 mini with my build and my voodoo 350w psu with my headset, keyboard, mouse, xbox elite controller weights about 20-25 pounds less than the ncase m1 v2 / fractal node 202 period. nd the dan a4 is not that much bigger than my NFC S4 mini itx case.
The Dan A4 weighs 1.25kg (2.75lbs) while the M1 weighs 2kg (4.4lbs). That's only a difference of 0.75kg (1.65lbs).

The fully built M1 I have here weighs 5.68kg (12.53lbs), and it's pretty comparable to a build you might do in an A4 (low profile CPU cooler, ASUS GTX 970 mini, SFX-L PSU, 2.5" HDD and SSD), so the weight difference between the two cases with a fully built system using the same components is likely to be only about 1.5 - 2lbs, or ~15%.

I don't know how to say this...
I'm happy for you if you live where $50 is not considered as money.
But for many of us this is a serious purchase, many struggling to get every penny just because economy in their countries is weak (say the least).
Absolutely no complaints to Dan, this is his art and business, and I'm fine with that.

It's over 9000!... I mean 900 backers and over 950 units.

On a more serious note, I noticed the following comment on the kickstarter:
"According to a comment in the german forum "HWLUXX" the next steps are faster solved if the backing limit is reached faster. So if the limit is reached on (i suppose) Wesdnesday the delivery will be about additional three weeks faster."

I am not 100% sure if this means the next step will only be started early if all 1700 cases are sold before the end of the campaign, because I do not see the 2xsilver case reward tier being sold out anytime soon.

many struggling to get every penny just because economy in their countries is weak

Are you kidding me?

If you had to stop eating, in order to get this product, then you should do a better management of your money...

Is like if you go to Africa and see a man starving... BUT WAIT! He got the iphone 6s... WTF right?

I already pledged, but I too am interested in the timeline. It says October-December but also says shipping in October. The Kickstarter ends on the 28th of June, but the goal has already been met within a day. Can you give optimists any hope that it will arrive sooner than expected? I ask because I might hold off on ordering parts since Kaby Lake might come out around the time I get my case, but if it comes out sooner I'll go ahead and start ordering parts now.

Why order parts for the case now? RAM and SSDs are only going to get cheaper over time - and Polaris should push GPU prices down. Plus, if that Vega October rumor turns out to be true I'd be going for that. And you want Kaby Lake or Broadwell-e (whatever is there when the case is close to arrive) - whatever will have a nice mix PCI-E lanes for NVMe SSD and extra physical cores for performance. The Heatsink shouldn't change much unless Cryorig pulls out something better than the C7 (or someone else does).

Writing up a budget now and saving is a good idea though :)

And Kickstarter projects have a bad habit of rarely arriving on time - it's just one of those things so October is if everything went perfectly every step of the way (which rarely happens).

Ask any backer of video games on KS - We're still waiting on Death Road to Canada.

It's over 9000!... I mean 900 backers and over 950 units.

On a more serious note, I noticed the following comment on the kickstarter:
"According to a comment in the german forum "HWLUXX" the next steps are faster solved if the backing limit is reached faster. So if the limit is reached on (i suppose) Wesdnesday the delivery will be about additional three weeks faster."

I am not 100% sure if this means the next step will only be started early if all 1700 cases are sold before the end of the campaign, because I do not see the 2xsilver case reward tier being sold out anytime soon.

Well there's no further point if you've run out of quantity so the Campaign would end at that point if/when all 1700 units are sold.

And dondan you should do another email blast to the subscriber list on your site saying that the Campaign is live and attach a link to it. Put a nice kickstarter logo on it (Like the one you put on the email but edit out the start time and say LIVE NOW or something) to make it clear or something - I would've forgotten about the campaign if I hadn't been camping out with a friend for it.

Then 72 hours before the Campaign ends, 48 hours and 24 hours. Or just 48 hours and 24 hours. Kickstarter will only do it if they clicked the remind me button on KS - there's always a proportion of the potential buyers that will only have time to look at emails. And hopefully the Tech Press picks up on the campaign as well.

Last edited:
The Dan A4 weighs 1.25kg (2.75lbs) while the M1 weighs 2kg (4.4lbs). That's only a difference of 0.75kg (1.65lbs).

The fully built M1 I have here weighs 5.68kg (12.53lbs), and it's pretty comparable to a build you might do in an A4 (low profile CPU cooler, ASUS GTX 970 mini, SFX-L PSU, 2.5" HDD and SSD), so the weight difference between the two cases with a fully built system using the same components is likely to be only about 1.5 - 2lbs, or ~15%.
Trust me I know how much my ncase m1 weighed after I fully built that into that ncase m1 v2 and carried it inside my backpack outside to events etc. It's hella heavier than 12lbs, well mines was if not yours. This is my personal opinion. I already owned an ncase m1 v2 (ain't nothing special about it from my personal experiences during building inside of it. The NFC S4 mini itx case is the best mini itx case on the planet that I've ever ever built a system into. The dan a4 will only be here to finally use my titan x gpu that has been dusting inside of my fractal node 202 with my cryorig c7 lol. :)

Hey Dondan,

This might be deliberate, but I was charged 22 euro for shipping on one case, but when I upgraded my pledge to two cases, the shipping price went down to ten euro total for both units. I have a feeling this wasn't on purpose.

Everything works as expected. If you buy two cases, you save 2xVAT therefore the shipment price is lower.

I don't ask and absolutely don't need your opinion how to spend my own hard earned money.
Everyone has their own dreams and the things that bring joy in their lives.

For your reasons, buy... Or do not buy ... But in any case, do not feed the troll ... ;)

About the 2x silver, it would be better if those pledge were reallocated to black ones. All the tiers except the silver ones are over 50% filled.
And also it can be readjusted for 1500 planned.
Of course if it can actually be done.

My 2 cents

Dunno, I see 994.

I count over 1K cases - it's lit!

Kickstarter campaigns usually do well first 48hrs, then last 72 or so hours.

Hopefully the remaining 700 cases get sold soonish.

And still waiting for that email blast ;)

And a thank you post as a campaign update - gotta keep that momentum. Ask for shares, likes etc.
Maybe you can try to have a talk with Kyle or another English Tech site about the case - once one major media source reports on it the others will regurgitate it out and you'll sell the 700 in no time!

Oh, and add the link to the kickstarter in your YouTube video - how will people pledge for a case without a link to it :)

Last edited:
dondan, I see you already have sold more than 1000 cases in less than a day, congrats! :) Can you now confirm that this will be available through a retailer in the future? I cannot afford it at the moment, but I would definitely be interested in getting one later on.. If this will be available, when can we expect it? Thanks.

I can't wait to switch between using the Dan A4 mini itx case and the NFC S4 mini itx case. Maybe Monday-Friday I'll use the Dan A4 mini itx case (when I get my hands on it) and Saturday-Sunday, I'll use the NFC S4 mini itx case. I think I'm just going to alternate using them both in between days :D:p

Why order parts for the case now? RAM and SSDs are only going to get cheaper over time - and Polaris should push GPU prices down. Plus, if that Vega October rumor turns out to be true I'd be going for that. And you want Kaby Lake or Broadwell-e (whatever is there when the case is close to arrive) - whatever will have a nice mix PCI-E lanes for NVMe SSD and extra physical cores for performance. The Heatsink shouldn't change much unless Cryorig pulls out something better than the C7 (or someone else does).

Writing up a budget now and saving is a good idea though :)

And Kickstarter projects have a bad habit of rarely arriving on time - it's just one of those things so October is if everything went perfectly every step of the way (which rarely happens).

I had already picked out a lot of parts. I think I'm going to order them and use this case in the interim: COUGAR QBX-KAZE Mini-ITX Ultra-Compact Pro Gaming Mini-ITX Case - Newegg.com If my cooling solutions work there, they'll work even better in the A4-SFX. I figured, the A4-SFX will last me a long long time, I'll be upgrading the guts on a regular basis anyways. No sense in prolonging the inevitable, and everything will be optimized for my case when it arrives.

Last edited:
dondan
I have been waiting for this to come, but a single question is holding me back.
What about European countries outside the Union? Like Iceland, Norway and Switzerland?
Will the german vat be deducted for them as well?

I have seen a lot of strange stuff before, often ending up with having to pay double vat.

sad to see the number of backers for the silver counting down like seconds...tick tock tick tock like that of Intels'
Damn I am just broke as of this moment! Jeebus!!
Congratulations dondan !
but why no shipping to Dubai or UAE dondan ??

This night I had a dream about the dan a4 already arriving! It was a nightmare because the case was made out of cardboard and it was huge! There was one silver aluminium panel in the box though, then I woke up! Spooky stuff..

Back