DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

Hey guys, been lurking super hard on this thread because I'm very interested.

How long does the kickstarter last for?
Or rather, how long will it be possible to order this case? Is the kickstarter running only for this coming week?

I'm cutting this pretty close with my financing right now, and ideally, I'd be able to place an order for one of these cases this coming Saturday or so.

However, I suppose if this case reaches 1000+ orders like it mentioned in the email, I could always buy it later without taking the financing risk.

It will last one month and you only get charged at the end of the month if the crowd funding campaign is a success. So you should definitely buy now.

If people do not buy now and just wait, there is a chance the crowdfunding won't work and then none of us get one and then we are all sad pandas...

Oh crap! So I only get charged at the end of the month? That's perfect for my situation because if it didn't do that, I might go over like $11

Well GG dude. Hands on that F5 button.

Quick tip bois: CTRL + F5 or SHIFT + F5 reloads the page, ignoring cached content ;)

This is also on my mind, if only someone could do a 3d render to give us an idea of how much the fans will be covered, but that is probably asking much. I think in this case a vertical fin arrangement seen in the evga and asus may have a slight advantage over msi's horizontal fins due to the air holes in the bottom and top of the case that are in close proximity to the gpu.
Something along the lines of this (although do remember the slight gap between the gpu and the wall that allows for slightly better airflow):

Attachments

• 20160529_171608.jpg
    20160529_171608.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 49
so its not possible to use the case in horizontal position on either side by using a holder or something. for reference, please check corsair bulldog case, its used in horizontal position. if i can use it in horizontal position, then it would save me a lot of space..

and is it possible to fix asrock x99 mini itx + 5960x processor?

My spec :
i7 5960x
asrock x99 itx
gtx 1080 FE
suitable power supply.
32GB Ram
1 x SSD .
random cooler.

= What would be its weight?

possible to fit the above spec around 4kg in total.

Last edited:
It could theoretically work if you can build a holder that ensures enough breathing space for the vent that will be on the bottom. Note that you will certainly lose performance compared to the standard orientation unless you make the stand like 15cm tall. I am planning to build a vertical stand for the A4, which makes the back IO face to the bottom (on my desktop I can justify a height of 40cm next to an 27" monitor, however the "default" footprint of 32cm+cables at the back doesn't fit, but with that stand this will be the perfect case for me :D ).

Yes of course you can use a 5960X with the Asrock X99 board in this case.

so its not possible to use the case in horizontal position on either side by using a holder or something. for reference, please check corsair bulldog case, its used in horizontal position. if i can use it in horizontal position, then it would save me a lot of space..

and is it possible to fix asrock x99 mini itx + 5960x processor?

My spec :
i7 5960x
asrock x99 itx
gtx 1080 FE
suitable power supply.
32GB Ram
1 x SSD .
random cooler.

= What would be its weight?

possible to fit the above spec around 4kg in total.

Here is a Quote out of my User Manual:

Operating Guidelines Both side panels and the top air vents of the case should not be covered by other objects. To ensure adequate cooling performance, the case must be placed free-standing. Utilization in enclosed spaces is not supported. The case must have a minimum distance of 15 cm between it and surrounding objects. For safety, do not remove the plastic shield inside the case

For your configuration I could not recoment placing it in horizontal position because this will destroy the cooling concept.

The Ascrock X99e ITX A/C will work. Take a look into the FAQ section on dan-cases.com under How-To:
DAN Cases

The weight of your configuration will be 4-5kg. The case itself has a weight of 1,25 Kg.

For your configuration I could not recoment placing it in horizontal position because this will destroy the cooling concept.

If using the "founders edition" reference blower cooler, it should be OK to place the case horizontally on the GPU side with some extra spacers between the case and the contact surface, correct?

If using the "founders edition" reference blower cooler, it should be OK to place the case horizontally on the GPU side with some extra spacers between the case and the contact surface, correct?

I don't think you understand the cooling concept of this case.
Positive pressure + convection = "Hot air in the case will move to the top and then outside without the need of an extra fan."

Hey, been lurking since before the forums defaulted to posts within the last week (or was it last day) - might have been my browser though never did figure it out...

Is the price for buying two cases any cheaper than buying it one a piece - myself and a friend were considering buying it that way if it worked out cheaper.

Is the price for buying two cases any cheaper than buying it one a piece - myself and a friend were considering buying it that way if it worked out cheaper.

If I understood correctly, there won't be a discount if you order two cases - except for saved shipment costs:

Thank you for clarifying these part, i assume that post for ordering two cases will be the same as ordering only one, am i right?

Yes, but you will save shipment costs.

If I understood correctly, there won't be a discount if you order two cases - except for saved shipment costs:

Hmm... if it's only a few dollars in shipping costs might not be worth it but we'll see.

Thanks for answering!

I just found out about this case yesterday.
I can't imagine how you guys had to be patient and wait ALL THESE MONTHS :)
I just had 24h to wait and it was already too much :p

I'm coming from a node 304 :)
I actually love that we will get it by oct-dec.. since it's always between those dates that I build my PCs.
using black friday and boxing day sales is the way to go!

Saw on another forum had to post it here -

Hopefully December shipping, then January fill it up with 1080Ti/Vega. And Kaby Lake which will get replaced with Cannonlake down the track... but if Zen is somewhat competitive and gets a mini-ITX with plenty of cores that may work instead. Also more time to save = another SSD or more Ram. Want this to last for a long time.

In for that silver case!.. Will buy both colors, but afraid Silver will run out before I have the chance to buy it.

damn !
comes down to 365$ cad

I was thinking it might be below 250$ .. :(
I'll sadly have to pass

Long time lurker -- great looking case. My pledge is in! Fingers-crossed this gets funded. Thanks Dan!

Been lurking here a long time for this. Wanted to register here and thank dondan personally for making this project possible. I think it's gonna sell quickly. Thank you!

Pledged for a black one! Yay!

Pledged! Do we have to put in an address yet? I only had to select a country and never put an address.

dondan. I've made my pledge for your A4 case to be send to a US forwarding address but would it be possible to please have Singapore as one of the countries you will ship to and maybe amend my pledge country destination? If its not possible you can send it to my forwarding address in the US and they will ship the case to me in Singapore (at great added cost)

Do let me know

Many thanks

I've wanted this case since before dondan carried the torch on the "back to back" internal structure.
His dedication, attention to detail, patience with the community and manufacturers, and professionalism are far above anything I could have done for myself.

Pledged, and happily.

its rolling quickly, everyone is hot on the kickstarter page right now :)

Seems as though it came live 15 mins earlier, and right now were passing 250, 3 mins after it officially opens. Thats more than half way to the goal. If the momentum is sustained we should make the goal pretty soon, would be really interested to see where this ends up.

By the time I wrote this, we are already 6 mins in and we are up to 330, and 90,000 euro

Now I can go to bed, past midnight here but pledges placed (y)

My country (in Europe!) is not on the list :confused:

Edit: I will just choose the country closest to mine.

Pledged! Silver case for me.

Last edited:
Under Shipment: If your country is not on the list, please contact us following a successful campaign, and we will find a solution for you. So don't be afraid you will get a case ;)
Hi Dan, is this true even after the 1500 cases are taken up by others?

Back