MSI GTX 1080 Armor = compatible
MSI GTX 1080 Aero = compatible
MSI GTX 1080 Aero OC = compatible
Palit GTX 1080 GameRock = incompatible
Palit GTX 1080 JetStream = incompatible
Palit GTX 1080 Super JetStream = incompatible
Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! = no data
[Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme = incompatible

Why does the Asus Strix 1080 fit with a length of 298mm? Yes on my site I wrote 295mm but this value is with a bit of clearance! The maximum length is 303mm ;)
That is great to know that there will be triple fan gpu options available for this case. The 303mm limit, I assume that is including the bracket, and that most manufacturers include the bracket length in the specs, but this is not always the case?

Do you have an example of the longest gpu you managed to fit into the case?

is it possible to place this chassis in horizontal position?

You would be seriously impeding airflow to either the gpu or cpu depending which side you lay it on I think

Not to mention the PSU on the CPU side…

Now, if you had it flopped over on its side, with a cutout matching the air opening on the desk/shelf it was resting on; or attached feet to the blocked side…?

is it possible to place this chassis in horizontal position?

You would be seriously impeding airflow to either the gpu or cpu depending which side you lay it on I think

Now, if you had it flopped over on its side, with a cutout matching the air opening on the desk/shelf it was resting on; or attached feet to the blocked side…?

did none of you look at page one? both sides are perforated. if you look at the pics you can see that the corners of the frame are rather beefy and it should be no problem to stick on some feet. screws would need to move inwards in the panel and could weaken it, possibly bend under the weight but it might work. so i'd stick/glue/epoxy some feet as close to the outside corners as possible.

edit: added top quote as I accidentally liked his q...
edit two: like so:

Here is a compatibility list for the GTX 1080:

Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition = compatible
Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 OC = compatible
Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 = compatible
Colorful iGame GTX 1080 X-Top = no data
EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0 = compatible
EVGA GTX 1080 Classified = no data
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW = no data
EVGA GTX 1080 Hybrid = no data
EVGA GTX 1080 KINGPIN = no data
Inno3D GTX 1080 iChill X3 = incompatible
Inno3D GTX 1080 iChill X4 = incompatible
Inno3D GTX 1080 iChill Black Edition = incompatible
Gainward GTX 1080 Phoenix = high chance
Gainward GTX 1080 Phoenix GS = high chance
Gainward GTX 1080 Phoenix GLH = high chance
Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming = high chance
Gigabyte GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming = no data
KFA² GTX 1080 EX OC Edition = compatible
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X = compatible
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk = incompatible
MSI GTX 1080 Armor OC = compatible
MSI GTX 1080 Armor = compatible
MSI GTX 1080 Aero = compatible
MSI GTX 1080 Aero OC = compatible
Palit GTX 1080 GameRock = incompatible
Palit GTX 1080 JetStream = incompatible
Palit GTX 1080 Super JetStream = incompatible
Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! = no data
[Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme = incompatible

Why does the Asus Strix 1080 fit with a length of 298mm? Yes on my site I wrote 295mm but this value is with a bit of clearance! The maximum length is 303mm ;)
The EVGA GTX 1080 FTW's dimensions are: Height: 5.94in - 150.88mm Length: 10.5in - 266.7mm
Quite differen't from the PCP of Asus. I'm in a shitty situation and stuck with a Silverstone SG05 that won't allow cards more than 10.5 inches (modded front),but not sure if the height of the EVGA card will work with the A4SFX?

I wonder which card will be the quietest this round. I think MSI was measured to be the quietest last year, with Asus and EVGA close.

did none of you look at page one? both sides are perforated. if you look at the pics you can see that the corners of the frame are rather beefy and it should be no problem to stick on some feet. screws would need to move inwards in the panel and could weaken it, possibly bend under the weight but it might work. so i'd stick/glue/epoxy some feet as close to the outside corners as possible.

edit: added top quote as I accidentally liked his q...
edit two: like so:

I fully realize both sides are perforated, which is why I gave two work-arounds towards same; did you not read my post before quoting it…? ;^p

It looks like the power connectors are on the end of the card. Does the 298 mm count the length of the connectors?

The connectors are on the top of the Asus card, therefore it fits. If they were on the side like on the Fury Nano, you have to add like 3cm so the card wouldn't fit.

I fully realize both sides are perforated, which is why I gave two work-arounds towards same; did you not read my post before quoting it…? ;^p
Oops sorry dude I misunderstood what you were meaning.

Is it correct that the Asus card will have inefficient cooling compared to the MSI and EVGA designs inside the A4 because the outer fans are partly covered by the side panels?

If you are using a reference blower GPU cooler and use spacers on the GPU side of the case that are at least a few millimeters tall you shouldn't get much, if any thermal throttling by laying the A4 on its side. I would not, however, place this case on a side with typical axial fans that are on CPU heat sinks or non-reference design GPUs.

Who wants to guess on the sell out date of these hoping that Dondan will offer more in the first round?

I like this case. But the price is too damn steep even with the custom pcie cable. Ncase did almost the same amount of MOQ as you at a lower price for their indiegogo iirc. Nonetheless, I will wish you luck in your campaign.

Was an email sent out to those who signed up for the subscription on Dan's website?

I like this case. But the price is too damn steep even with the custom pcie cable. Ncase did almost the same amount of MOQ as you at a lower price for their indiegogo iirc. Nonetheless, I will wish you luck in your campaign.
Uhh, this is a custom case that is not in mass production. This should have been obvious and anyone here should know the basics of manufacturing a custom product. It will cost the consumer much more, as with any niche product of this caliber.

Was an email sent out to those who signed up for the subscription on Dan's website?
I haven't received anything yet.

Uhh, this is a custom case that is not in mass production. This should have been obvious and anyone here should know the basics of manufacturing a custom product. It will cost the consumer much more, as with any niche product of this caliber.

I haven't received anything yet.

Ncase isnt mass produced too during the campaign and their oem too is Lian li and I do know this is also a boutique case.

It's obvious that there are people who don't mind paying the price ....

Rest should just move on.

FYI, This cases price is €230. The first Ncase campaign was ~$210 IIRC. The riser cable included in the A4 eats up $75 of the budget. What am I talking, you have to decide by yourself whether it's worth the price...

Ncase isnt mass produced too during the campaign and I do know this is also a boutique case.
It was $205 on indiegogo. Now it is $185. It definitely falls within the price range that Lian-Li asked for. We've had this conversation already in the thread. If you don't see the case, features and quality justify the price then the case is not for you. If you can appreciate that the price is on par with other custom cases then go ahead and stick around.

I'm amazed by all the people who think 1500 cases are going to sell that quickly to cause problems. There were only 907 backers during the M1 Indiegogo, for a run of something like 600 cases (according to TechReport). It took about a week for those to be sold. This case is even more of a niche than those were. (And the Cerberus couldn't even get the 600 it needed to get funded - I don't think this will have the same problem, but it's an idea of how tiny these markets are).

Yes, there's a lot of us here who are excited about this, but we're a small group of enthusiasts. I suspect we'll all have plenty of time to get orders in (though of course I hope it's wildly successful because it DOES fit a niche few others are filling).

I'm amazed by all the people who think 1500 cases are going to sell that quickly to cause problems. There were only 907 backers during the M1 Indiegogo, for a run of something like 600 cases (according to TechReport). It took about a week for those to be sold. This case is even more of a niche than those were. (And the Cerberus couldn't even get the 600 it needed to get funded - I don't think this will have the same problem, but it's an idea of how tiny these markets are).

Yes, there's a lot of us here who are excited about this, but we're a small group of enthusiasts. I suspect we'll all have plenty of time to get orders in (though of course I hope it's wildly successful because it DOES fit a niche few others are filling).

Exactly man. You have a small subset of people who assemble computers, out of them a small subset who's into mini-ITX, out of them a small subset who cares enough about the difference between 7 liters and 20 liters to not just go out and buy a cheap off-the-shelf mini-ITX case, and out of them a small subset who's willing to pay 220 euros and wait months for it.

Is it correct that the Asus card will have inefficient cooling compared to the MSI and EVGA designs inside the A4 because the outer fans are partly covered by the side panels?
This is also on my mind, if only someone could do a 3d render to give us an idea of how much the fans will be covered, but that is probably asking much. I think in this case a vertical fin arrangement seen in the evga and asus may have a slight advantage over msi's horizontal fins due to the air holes in the bottom and top of the case that are in close proximity to the gpu.

This is also on my mind, if only someone could do a 3d render to give us an idea of how much the fans will be covered, but that is probably asking much. I think in this case a vertical fin arrangement seen in the evga and asus may have a slight advantage over msi's horizontal fins due to the air holes in the bottom and top of the case that are in close proximity to the gpu.

I don't think this is a big problem. The Asus Strix goes the entire length of the case, and the vent holes go ALMOST the entire length of the case. So only the far sides of the far fans will be sucking against nothing. The card will work fine. I would only be concerned about an unpleasant sound signature being generated. But even if it did sound unusual, I find it hard to believe it would sound worse than the default cooler's blower fan.

Ok so the kickstarter starts later today as planned? I didn't get the email either...are we still good to go dondan?

Its a limited run case using aluminum. Don't expect the same price as a steel case from companies that has shipped hundreds of thousands of cases every year for decades.

It's not going to get any cheaper even if you complain about it 100 times. If you have a way to make it cheaper, go ahead. Otherwise, kindly shove it.

T minus 60 minutes 13 hours. (mixed up am/pm)

Last edited:
Got the email! I think there is a small mistake in it though:

We will provide 4 reward tiers:
  • 1x A4-SFX Black (950 units)
  • 1x A4-SFX Black (350 units)
  • 1x A4-SFX Black and Silver (100 units)
  • 2x A4-SFX Black (50 units)
  • 2x A4-SFX Silver (50 units
I think you mean 350 silver not black right Dan?

Regardless, I am so pumped this is finally happening!!!!

Back