DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

Hey Dondan! In the description there is max length for the GPU, now im wondering if the gigabyte extreme gaming 980 ti fit by the thickness of 50 mm????

also nice to here the project is going on well!

Thank you for the update! Let's hope that all the process goes well.

I have a question.

If i use this case for lan party or portable build, you can leave the gpu attached to the case or it's better to unnistall the GPU from the case when u are going to travel with it?

Example: I'm going to a lan party in another city, and i travel with the case in my car, it's safe to leave the GPU? Or better unnistall and then install it again?

I think i have read some time ago that is better to don't move the case with the GPU installed. Maybe i'm wrong.

If you don't travel with case while the topside pointing to the ground there is no problem.

Thanks for the update.

So is this first come, first serve? or applicants gets first dibs? If thats the case, then its sold out before it even started. Just wondering because I definately would want to be one of the early birds.

Project statistics
- Forum thread hits 1.4 million
- Applicant on the subscription list: 4329

Hi, in the website they say :

• Max GPU Length:
  • Complete card incl. bracket: 306mm
  • Without bracket: 295mm
I just wanted to ask what bracket are they talking about ? Thank you.

Hi, in the website they say :

• Max GPU Length:
  • Complete card incl. bracket: 306mm
  • Without bracket: 295mm
I just wanted to ask what bracket are they talking about ? Thank you.

The metal thing on the back of the graphics card that looks a little bit like this:

61Cd1xkjLRL._SX522_.jpg

I've recently been overclocking but at the same time undervolting my 5675C with the NH-L9i. I'm very impressed with this CPU. I think it's the perfect CPU for the A4-SFX.

From an early development build:

I just scanned thru all 105 pages of the thread ha. I am all the more excited to get the case now, having seen the development process. I have a question about this early rendering: How come the early version of the SFX variant is 6.76L while at the same time supporting 53mm CPU coolers and 298.5mm GPUs while the final version is 7.25L and it supports only a 48mm CPU cooler and a 295mm GPU.

A4-SFX
- Size: 110x,309x199 (6,76L)
- 1x 2,5" HDD/SSD
- 1x 92mm FAN
- CPU Cooler height 53mm
- GPU length: 298,5mm
- PSU support: SFX PSU (Silverstone 450W/600W)

Also, the DC board variant of the case (which I hope Dan will be successful enough to eventually develop), came in at an insane 5.74L. This is also confusing to me. The way I see it, the length of the case is set by the GPU, and the height is set by the motherboard, so the only thing you'd be saving on with a DC board is the width, but you still wouldn't want to cut it by much to allow for more cooling options. So I don't know what happened along the way. If anyone is bored while waiting and wants to reminisce, let me know haha.

A4 default:
- Size: 99x291,5x199 (5,74L)
- 2x 2,5" HDD/SSD
- 2x 92mm FAN
- CPU Cooler height 42mm
- GPU length: 280mm
- PSU support: Hd Plex 250W , PicoBox X3-ATX-300, Flex ATX & stripped SFX

Could you also release a cheaper version of it? Like plastic detail version or something like that?

Could you also release a cheaper version of it? Like plastic detail version or something like that?

Yes! And make one in real Gold, and one in wood, oh oh and one out of clay so I could mold it if I need it to! Smh :cautious:

Yes! And make one in real Gold, and one in wood, oh oh and one out of clay so I could mold it if I need it to! Smh :cautious:
Wood A4 FTW :D Dan, have you started the CE certification process with the Taiwanese company yet? I wish you best of luck! :)

Dan have you considered using this to help with the gpu riser card bend?

ASRock > B150M-PIO
You're wondering whether Dan, when he worked through the kinks of the riser card, considered a board that didn't exist at the time, that is based on a proprietary layout for which there is one board from one manufacturer and which is totally incompatible with any of the Mini-ITX board he designed the case for...?

I'm not him, but my guess would be no, he didn't consider it.

You're wondering whether Dan, when he worked through the kinks of the riser card, considered a board that didn't exist at the time, that is based on a proprietary layout for which there is one board from one manufacturer and which is totally incompatible with any of the Mini-ITX board he designed the case for...?

I'm not him, but my guess would be no, he didn't consider it.

Sorry:(

The main problem is, that it isn't good to construct a case around one motherboard. 99% of the boards does not have a angled PCIe port.

The main problem is, that it isn't good to construct a case around one motherboard. 99% of the boards does not have a angled PCIe port.

Well if the case was sent out with the board included, you'd have a barebone, pretty much what shuttle is doing. But that just unnecessarily complicates things and hurts upgradeability.

I don't get it, i can't see where the pci slot is on the picture and what is the riser for then if the motherboard has an angled port?

Tuvi,

It's on the opposite side of the motherboard, relative to the rear IO panel, than normal and is rotated such that the opening is parallel with the plane of the board. In the default view, it's the black "box" on the far edge of the board.

Well, guess i'm not waiting for this then, bcuz i won't be able to buy a new motherboard when the case is already 200€

So you happen to already have that angled port board? You'll just need a standard mini itx board without angled port for this case.

No, no, i have a standard mini itx board, msi z97i ack board.

Then you don't need a new mobo. The other poster was making a suggestion for a new case designed to specifically fit the non-standard board.

jtd871 That riser has already been proven to not have the better price break point (dondan contacted them a while ago and confirmed this) that dondan needed and the existing 3M riser cable provided better bulk pricing, hence it's continued use.

It is my understanding that 1) the HDPlex riser is more flexible (iFreilicht actually *folded* his sample), and 2) ~1/3 the cost of the 3M riser on an individual unit price (I don't know if this is true for bulk purchases).

I had also thought that the other riser Dan was considering previously was a new, unreleased LiHeat model. IIRC, Dan did not elaborate on the "mystery" riser at the time, so your information may be better.

I think one major consideration point would be the "idiot-proofness" of the HDPlex riser. It is very thin, and because of it, it can also be very fragile. There is also the fact that you can plug it in wrong.
Things that Dondan would rather not deal with when you are potentially selling 1000+ cases. the 3M riser is proven and made by a very professional company.

bencho

Crowdfunding next month following latest news.

Probably it's like this:

Late April: crowdfunding
May-June: Completed crowdfunding (This is subjetive, but maybe will took 1-2 months)
July - August: Crowdfunded cases shipped to people (Another 1-2 month)

The case will be in the houses in 3 to 5 months.

This may vary, it's an estimated approach.

So far nothing recent, out or being conceptualized, comes near to the looks and functionality of this case in it's size. Waiting is a difficult thing.

bencho

Crowdfunding next month following latest news.

Probably it's like this:

Late April: crowdfunding
May-June: Completed crowdfunding (This is subjetive, but maybe will took 1-2 months)
July - August: Crowdfunded cases shipped to people (Another 1-2 month)

The case will be in the houses in 3 to 5 months.

This may vary, it's an estimated approach.

I would love it if this was true but that seems a bit optimistic based on past projects that I've Kickstarted. Unless he's already way ahead on getting tooling and everything ready for production then I'd be betting more towards October if he starts crowdfunding in late April.

Crossing fingers it happens sooner than later, I'm ready to put my money down.

Back