DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

water cooling is for moving heat around, so with nowhere in this tiny case, you'd have a hard time making it work. and an even more difficult task would be making it work better than not-water. you can use this case as a headphone stand it's so small, it's about the size of your head

Hurray!
I hope you will test it, and compare it to the other stuff you have done some tests with.

I am also waiting for Silverstone SX700-LPT, because it is ment to have better fan control. They said before Q4, and we are starting to get there very rapidly.

I am still curious about the stuff below.
From what I can gather the drive bay is max 15mm bottom and 15mm top.
Would it be possible to add/or have space to drill holes so I can mount 2x 7mm drives bottom and 2x 7mm drives top?
(I will be using a SFX-L psu, but need 3 drives, and can use all 7mm drives, so I am asking if it is possible, or if the drive bay have some very strange design that makes it impossible; so I have to build my own to fit inside there instead.)

The front drive mountpoint, is it possible to remove this drive without a screwdriver, and swap it out, without taking apart the entire thing?

(I am sorry, I use many different OS', and each of them is on a separate drive.)

It is listed 52mm max height on memory sticks.
The G.Skill TridentX series is 54mm, any way for those to fit in somehow?
Or are there any lower 2666mhz+ ram that I do not know about?

No the old 1155 test hardware is sold I have "only" a x99 system here. But I try do laser a custom bracket for natrow ilm mounting. Maybe cryorig will add this to the cooler.

water cooling is for moving heat around, so with nowhere in this tiny case, you'd have a hard time making it work. and an even more difficult task would be making it work better than not-water. you can use this case as a headphone stand it's so small, it's about the size of your head

Just because it wan't designed to take water cooling doesn't mean someone can't shoehorn a 120mm radiator in there somewhere.

dondan said:
Cryorig c7 will be released on 11. September.

http://www.itmedia.co.jp/pcuser/spv/...7/news070.html
Great to hear!

ehmm said:
Hurray!
I hope you will test it, and compare it to the other stuff you have done some tests with.
I'l planning on getting one, so even if dondan can't get it to work for his X99 setup I'll be posting temps for my 3570K in my Ncase as soon as I can get my hands on a C7.

Oh man, 100W is pretty beastly with that size. Let's wait for reviews, though, maybe the 100W are just possible with 5000RPM :p

Oh man, 100W is pretty beastly with that size. Let's wait for reviews, though, maybe the 100W are just possible with 5000RPM :p

I'll be curious to see how this holds up to the Cooltek LP53, which is also rated for 100W and preformed the best in Dondan's tests.

I think 100W with 2500 rpms because this is the max speed of the fan. I think the C7 will perform better than the LP53. Maybe he is on the same level like the axp 100. Maybe the 100w was validate in an normal itx or midi tower case than the cooler will perform better in the A4-SFX.

Last edited:
I think 100W with 2500 rpms because this is the max speed of the fan. I think the C7 will perform better than the LP53. Maybe he is on the same level like the axp 100.

The C7 looks like a better design, but the LP53 is all copper! Do you have a sense of whether the default fan of the LP53 performs better than the LP53 with the TY-100 fan from the AXP 100?

Highly interested in your case if you manage to make it affordable in France (using shipping from Europe?)

I hope you'll find someone believing in your nice piece of work!
Is is that hard to find a serious distributor? I know some sport distributors in France, some may want to diversify their activities?

It's hard to find one that does distribution for the whole EU. Finding one in every country is possible, but tedious and you have to make contracts with every single one of them about every little detail of the distribution.
Additionally, having different distributors may mean different prices for different countries inside the EU because some distributors may want higher margins for each case sold.

No the old 1155 test hardware is sold I have "only" a x99 system here. But I try do laser a custom bracket for natrow ilm mounting. Maybe cryorig will add this to the cooler.
To the best of my knowledge, the distance from the center of the CPU socket to the nearest DIMM socket wall is approx. 41~42mm for X99E-ITX/ac and 44~45mm for EPC612D4I,
so I don't think you can install Cryorig C7, Thermolab LP53, Silverstone AR-05, or Noctua N9i/N9a (or any other heatsinks that are at least 92mm wide that provide not enough z-height clearance under the fins for DIMM sockets) even if they are provided with narrow ILM brackets. Earlier in this thread someone showed photos of Dynatron T318 on X99E-ITX/ac but that heatsink is 82mm wide on the spec sheet.

Last edited:
Productpage: http://www.cryorig.com/c7.php

Difference between the intel boxed cooler and c7 on an not specified cpu 87°C vs. 65°C. If I map these results to my test than the C7 will be 6 °C better than the Cooltek LP53.
If this is true OC will be possible in the A4-SFX.

The price of the C7 will be: 30€ in Europe.

Last edited:
This is just the perfect cooler for the A4 :) i'll get it as soon as it's available and use it in my atx currently running stock cooler, and later use it in A4-SFX! also, just 30€ + tax and still (hopefully) more performance than LP53!

It's funny how all of their advertising says "25% cooler than stock" which doesn't really mean anything - looks like they're getting that from dividing 65C by 87C. Just by changing the units you could claim different % improvements (if anything they should use Kelvin, but that would only be a meager 6% improvement over stock!).

It's funny how all of their advertising says "25% cooler than stock" which doesn't really mean anything - looks like they're getting that from dividing 65C by 87C. Just by changing the units you could claim different % improvements (if anything they should use Kelvin, but that would only be a meager 6% improvement over stock!).

When talking about CPU temperature, everyone uses °C. Temperature is all relative.... we don't talk about CPU temps in kelvin... Do you convert your local weather into kelvin then complain if the weatherman says today is 25% cooler than yesterday? :p

87C - 25% = 65.25C

So yeah, if these are accurate numbers, it's 25% better than stock.

You could have a % improvement if you were to compare delta-T values, which would probably result in much better than 25% improvement...

ie 20c over ambient could be 33% better than 30c over ambient

When talking about CPU temperature, everyone uses °C. Temperature is all relative.... we don't talk about CPU temps in kelvin... Do you convert your local weather into kelvin then complain if the weatherman says today is 25% cooler than yesterday? :p

87C - 25% = 65.25C

So yeah, if these are accurate numbers, it's 25% better than stock.

The weatherman wouldn't say that! It doesn't make sense to say something is x% hotter or cooler than something else unless you are talking about kelvin. Would you say that 0C is 0% hotter than 100C? Or 20C is infinity % cooler than 0C? When you look at it that way you can see why it doesn't make sense.

Anyway I don't mean to derail talk about the case, I just had a chuckle at their wording.

@Siba good point, comparing wrt ambient temps would be much more meaningful.

I want to see thermal camera comparison shots before I believe that :D

I'll get some as soon as I've got the A4-SFX in my hands. :)

Here's the FLIR shots I did of my Ncase. :)

9IXFQlq.jpg

Not that the temperature it's reading is for the center of the picture.

Edit: I'll also take some FLIR shots when I get a C7.

Last edited:
My only problem with the C7 is that it looks like you can't swap out the fan. I'm pretty picky with fans and prefer high quality ones

The fan might be nice, we don't know yet.

But I agree.

If the stock fan is not so great I'll consult the all powerful ziptie counsel.

My only problem with the C7 is that it looks like you can't swap out the fan. I'm pretty picky with fans and prefer high quality ones

you can always swap out the fan! in the old days we screwed down between the fins! it works, and there are many other ways to fasten a fan to a heatsink! you can use elastic bands if you want!

that said, you won't need to swap out the fan, because the manufacturer of the heatsink would be incompetent to pair it with a bad fan

cyrorig fans to date have been pretty good quality - so ill hold out hope they maintain their high standards of production

Today I got an suprising email from cryorig. They want to send me some C7 and want to work together with me. Maybe I can get them to make a narrow ilm bracket.

That's really cool of Cryorig to reach out, but at 95mm square I think the C7 would be too wide to fit on the X99E-ITX.

Cool Dondan. I really think the C7 cooler would be the best option for this case!

I have a question that i would like to have sorted before buying this case. Will my graphicscard be able to fit. I have an Asus R9280x card and I'm quite worried that the card might be to high to fit in this case?

The height of the card is listed to 14.5 cm. Mainly because of the heatpipe popping out on top :rolleyes:

b2441.jpg

I want to see thermal camera comparison shots before I believe that :D
Also, in case it wasn't clear to anyone, when I said the A4 is cooler I just meant that it's more awesome. I was making a play on words rather than a claim of its thermal performance. I think y'all got it but it's hard to tell on the Internet :D

Also, in case it wasn't clear to anyone, when I said the A4 is cooler I just meant that it's more awesome. I was making a play on words rather than a claim of its thermal performance. I think y'all got it but it's hard to tell on the Internet :D

I know I did, and it wasn't the hardest joke to get. We do need a special font for that, though.

Cool news on Cryorig wanting to cooperate as well, the A4 would be a great showcase for the C7, its layout benefits the performance of the cooler a great deal, so its very smart of them to make that move.

Back