DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

So guys, as i said the pictures of the SFX Version:

rendered5_sfxdaefc.jpg

rendered1_sfxyxdar.jpg

rendered3_sfx18ct9.jpg

And some pictures to see the difference in thickness and depth (A4-SFX left, A4 default right):

rendered2_sfxzkiji.jpg

rendered4_sfxuefz1.jpg

A4-SFX vs. A4 default:

A4 default:
- Size: 99x291,5x199 (5,74L)
- 2x 2,5" HDD/SSD
- 2x 92mm FAN
- CPU Cooler height 42mm
- GPU length: 280mm
- PSU support: Hd Plex 250W , PicoBox X3-ATX-300, Flex ATX & stripped SFX

A4-SFX
- Size: 110x,309x199 (6,76L)
- 1x 2,5" HDD/SSD
- 1x 92mm FAN
- CPU Cooler height 53mm
- GPU length: 298,5mm
- PSU support: SFX PSU (Silverstone 450W/600W)

Now it is up to you: A bigger SFX version with the biggest PSU power or the maximum of tinyness in the default version.

>> I personaly prefer the default version, because it is smaller and the most of you will love these system because the DC-Powersolution is much more silent than the sfx solution. Everybody who had an Silverstone SFX know what i mean. I know it is only 1L more, but the case doesnt look so thin like the default case. <<

Tomorrow i will offer a link where you can vote for each case.

So much space wasted in the STX version. I'd prefer the default one - either original layout and DC board or if reversed GPU is confirmed with short GPU + naked SFX.

I think it'll be better if you stuck with the dc board version. I suggest for your other project steambox B4, that you have a simple stand option so it can be placed upright like Becerra new steambox project.

This way you make two nice distinct pc cases: revolutionary smallest pc case with dc board while the other is a versatile, small steambox/workstation.

Doesn't the SFX PSU block the GPU fan?

No there are 5mm between GPU and SFX and the 92mm Fan in the button push fresh air in the GPU FAN direction. But tommorow i will try to flip the gpu. Maybe i have a cheap source for longerPCIe 3.0 flex riser.

Last edited:
I prefer the DC board version, I think that symbolizes what you originally were aiming for.

What's the total volume of the DC board version if you include the outboard DC brick?

I like the SFX version more just because there's no evil brick hanging behind the case.
The size increase is matching the huge bricks.

Same for me - smaller is better but I prefer using a standard SFX power supply. The SFX case is still tiny, and only looks large in comparison.

For the SFX version, wouldn't you want to have additional ventilation on the side panel for the SFX PSU intake? And why not swap the location of the power button and AC plug?

How about the reversed GPU? Is it an option/default for any/both of the designs?
Looks like the GPU can be moved a bit down, potentially reducing the extender length.

Sorry that is not possible, because between FAN an PCIe-power-connector should be 30mm free space. The picture should point out, that it is possible to flip the GPU. If the SFX would be the final Version it could be an interesting feature. But for the default A4 it isn't necessary.

I vote for the SFX version with the flip VGA, this way it is just more flexible, more freedom with the power supply and the video card choice, for this very reason i think it would be easier to sell too! (For example a lot of people would come from other ITX cases, and they can just swap in their power supply)

I have a question too: will this support SFX-L? Buy the looks of it, it should be able to.

Been there, done that :)
I just wanted to give my opinion on the forum too :)

Thanks for the SFX-L info!

Hey dondan; love the sfx version! One question though: there seems to be enough place in this case to accomodate at least one standart sized (25mm heigh) 92mm fan. Would this be possible ?

For the SFX and inversed GPU version: wouldn't it be possible to eliminate the 92mm fan and make the case smaller (the 199mm side shorten to, maybe, 180mm)? The hdd could be moved to the front (where the fan was placed before). And the PSU connector could be moved to the GPU compartment, replacing the big power switch (which could be chosen to be much smaller, like the reset button on the back of the Silverstone SG07/08). Also, i think the space reserved to the GPU power connector(s) could be a bit smaller, from 300mm to 250mm (at least that's my measured distance - i have next to me the Silverstone SFX PSU with standard cables and a 660 Ti). Every mm counts. :)

Also, what's the distance between the back of the GPU card and the SFX PSU?

Either way, i prefer this version, it's more user friendly because of added hardware flexibility (any GPU can fit, not just the blower type of longer length, the PSU can be easily replaced if it goes bad, better cooling for the GPU). And the default A4 is bulkier, because of the brick. If you move the pc, you have to take the brick with you.

Last edited:
@DG25: Thanks for the feedback. If the community decide for SFX i can make so changes. Smaller powerbutton on the front by using fliped gpu. Optimizing some distance for the connectors etc. The distance between gpubackside and powersupply is 5mm. But for the fliped version i must think of a special securiry layer between backside gpu and sfx/motherboard/risercardcable(shield conduct electricity)

@qwerkus: i will think about it.

Hmm. If SFX goes through I will be disappointed. I feel that it would go against the initial goal of the case, making it as small as possible, even if that meant having a brick. I liked that the original was sub 6L, and the fact that it was pretty much the smallest you could go.

rawrr: Today nothing is determined whether A4 or A4-SFX. In six days we will see what the community said :) I feel with you i like the default version so much. But i can said actual it's about 50%/50% in the inquiry.

Hmm. If SFX goes through I will be disappointed. I feel that it would go against the initial goal of the case, making it as small as possible, even if that meant having a brick. I liked that the original was sub 6L, and the fact that it was pretty much the smallest you could go.

Agreed... I say leave the SFX to the B3...

A4 standard submitted in vote. Just make sure you include an option to get the PSU from you since it's "special"!

A4 original if you can make it possible for the b3 to stand upright instead of just horizontally like a traditional htpc box.

I voted for A4 original.

The SFX makes too many compromises (including removing 1x2.5" HDD, more noise, etc).

Hello guys,

iam actually in contact with sparklepower and seasonic to construct a custom 1U psu with a better fan profile than the hadron version, a black color and modular cable management. I could construct a case with the dimensions of 102mm x 223mm x 285mm (6,5L). The gpu ist flipped and it can take 2x 2,5" HDD/SSD. Same room for the cpu cooler like in the default version. The psu would be included. I think this could become the optimum version, because it is small and the complete psu is inside. Its appear not big like the SFX version, because it is much more thinner.

What do you think?

Back