DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

Might I ask what is the point of having these wings at the back? Does it fly? :)
a4sfx_7.jpg

Without that, you gonna have trouble removing the side panels. M1 also have those wings.

What do you think of the rendering quality for the user manual?

for me personaly the lines are to thick making especially the holes very busy looking. Are these actual renders? What also might be an option but I don't know if your program does that is to make use of the 2D drawing layout options and get vector based images.

In autodesk inventor you can make exploded views and get your desired angles and use use these in the 2D drawings, this gives you vector based models so if you want to make a PDF version you can get have it scale-able and also because they are vector based you can post process in illustrator and change the thickness of lines and such.

Solidworks allow this too. I will check this out if it looks better.

It might require a little getting used to but what you should be able to do is pull out screws and have lines that show where they go. I'm trying to find an example on my PC, I will edit his post when I find it.

Edit: So this is an image ofcourse but you could export it as a PDF and have vectors.
Also, another advantage, if you set it up right, any changes you make in your case you should be able to turn over a new revised manual to go with it really easy.
v8gorRp.png

Last edited:
Ok i see...if i made a construction sheet in SW it will looks like your version. But I don't like it, that your version has no Antialiasing (AA). I can activate high quality mode in SW than it looks like yours with AA 8x.

Ok i see...if i made a construction sheet in SW it will looks like your version. But I don't like it, that your version has no Antialiasing (AA). I can activate high quality mode in SW than it looks like yours with AA 8x.

True, but with vectors you don't need AA because vector files aren't pixel based.

So it will look like with thinner lines:

Yes, but for example because you have vectors you could edit in Illustrator and highlight the screws or a particular bracket by making the lines red or a have the lines be slightly thicker, it gives you way more flexibility.

I think the issue is not so much line thickness, but line closeness. I'm not sure if Solidworks has an option for it, but if it can render only the 'external' lines for holes, and omit rendering internal parts though the holes, this would reduce the visual clutter (e.g. the view of internal parts through the holes in the underside) and make highlighting the important parts of the diagram more clear.

Today I will tray using the vector based drawing in Adobe Indesign and configure the thickness of the lines seperatly.

Might I ask what is the point of having these wings at the back? Does it fly? :)
a4sfx_7.jpg
The way I see it (besides the obvious) these flaps are there to protect the rear I/O connectors during transport/assembly - for example if you have to stand the case up on its' back or have a flat surface apply pressure on the backside at any point.

Furthermore it is a massive help in removing the sidepanels, since they are attached with the Lian Li push pin technology. For them to pop off, you have to apply some force and I don't think it's so awesome sticking your fingernails or a screwdriver in the tiny/nonexisting gap between sidepanel and case :D

I have been trying to spread word of this case, SaperPL's, and the m-atx NOVA case on all popular youtube tech channels and websites. Hopefully that has helped getting more people interested in possibly ordering these amazing cases ;)

I went through about 50 pages trying to see if it were mentioned but I'm curious what the reflective sheet is on the GPU side of the midplane. Is that a sheet of heat reflecting material?

For reference, it's this photo:

5b5s3m.jpg

I went through about 50 pages trying to see if it were mentioned but I'm curious what the reflective sheet is on the GPU side of the midplane. Is that a sheet of heat reflecting material?

For reference, it's this photo:

5b5s3m.jpg

It's an insulating material (aka plastic) to prevent the exposed PCB of the graphics card from shorting. If you have a backplate technically it isn't required but not everyone has that luxury :D.

It's an insulating material (aka plastic) to prevent the exposed PCB of the graphics card from shorting. If you have a backplate technically it isn't required but not everyone has that luxury :D.

Ah, makes sense. :)

It should, since you only need a thin non-conductive sheet of material. However I wouldn't bother replacing it since you'll be unable to see it unless you mod the sidepanels :)

the plastic sheet looks ugly. I am thinking of removing the plastic sheet, and use carbon fiber vinyl to cover the metal and power supply. Does it serve the same purpose?

Carbon fibre is conductive. If you want to go down this route spay it with a clear acrylic coating.

We speak well of a plastic sheet which sees neither one side nor the other once the fully the PC is fully assembled? :confused:

I think I said this earlier in the thread but:

Just because you can't see it doesn't mean you don't want it to look nice.

You'll
know it's there and you're the person who will care the most about it.

I could have left a nest of cables hidden behind my gpu in my current build since the area is almost never seen, but I knew it was messy, so I cleaned it up and am happier with my build because of it.

Cleaning up cables can have an enhancing effect on performance, or let you fit in more stuff. Replacing a functional and paid-for sheet of plastic that one will never see 99% of the time for no functional reason with another the exact size, shape and thickness is pure crazy.

Cleaning up cables can have an enhancing effect on performance, or let you fit in more stuff. Replacing a functional and paid-for sheet of plastic that one will never see 99% of the time for no functional reason with another the exact size, shape and thickness is pure crazy.

If you realise, the plastic sheet extended to cover the power supply as well. Replacing with sticker (independently on the metal plate and power supply), will in certain extend improve air flow.

Without the plastic sheet, you can also install the power supply with the fan intake facing inside the case (instead of side panel) to draw heat from within the case out on top.

Just a thought.

I had forgotten it covers the PSU too.
I don't think it really makes any sense to install the PSU with the fan facing the GPU, but if someone wants to, go ahead.
thinking about it.. if you don't like the reflectivity of the plastic sheet, instead of removing it just wrap it in the vinyl.

That way you lose nothing, but it looks a bit better.

Today I had the chance to test the Cryorig C7. Because I currently do not own a 115x socket system asked a friend of my and got his hardware.
The Test was made with an ASrock B75M-ITX motherboard and an Intel I5 3350P. The CPU is an Ivy-Bridge Quadcore with a TDP of 69W. To compare the test with my past Setup a Xeon 1230V2, I test the i5 also with the boxed cooler and recalculate the values. But the values are nearly the same because the Xeon has the same TDP.

Some pictures of the build:
img_37482qns3b.jpg

img_37512g7ss4.jpg

img_37562ivsmn.jpg

Original values with the i5 3350P

i53350pejstj.jpg

Calculated Values with the Xeon 1230v2.

1230v2jostq.jpg

I am very impressed with these values. For my testsetup the C7 is 30% better as the Boxed Cooler and also better as the LP53. Maybe the performance will be lower with a higher TDP class CPU but as I already post, the cooler is able to handle a 6700K in Prime95 around 69-70°C.

Back