DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

Hi guys, I will talk with LianLi what kind of option I will have for the plastic shield. The original plan was getting a black one for the final product.

Did you get any reply from LianLi? Maybe a thinner acrylic sheet, as someone mentioned, would be a good option.

Yes up to 15mm for the bottom drive and unlimit space for the top drive.

So if there's 15mm of space in the bottom with SFX-L, does that mean you could use 2x 7mm stacked like in the front of the Ncase?

I feel like this is an obnoxious question to ask, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask, right? :)

Should fit no problem. Dondan has a picture in bit tech forums showcasing the msi gtx 970 gaming and it looks like it has some room left.

I sent Cryorig an email asking when the C7 is coming out, and they said it should be available in August.

Just a heads up. :)

Anyone else planning to get one, or at least try one out? (I think don an said he would test it to see if it fits when he can)

20150610_15.jpg

I think you have to use the one included.

Looks like it supports clamps on each side. If these clamps are included you can mount the FAN you want.

Also, presumably if the fan is really stuck on you could remove it by some more forceful means...

If Cryorig does a good job, the C7 will be the best cpu cooler for the Dan A4 SFX!

Dream 2016 Build:

Case: Dan A4 SFX
CPU: Intel Skylake i5 6600k 14nm
Motherboard: ITX Z170 mb.
RAM: 16GB (8x2) DDR4 2400Mhz
Cooler: Cryorig C7
GPU: Nvidia Pascal 16nm
PSU: Silverstone SFX-L 500W or Corsair SF600 SFX
HDD: 1TB 2.5''
SSD: 250GB

Last edited:
I think if you're clever you could use the fan clips from some other cooler to mount a different 92mm fan, or maybe even a 100/120?

Only time will tell. :)

Besides- maybe the included fan will be decent?

@Curiositie

I think Cryorig's fans are good, much better than ''decent''

it would be hard to find a better 92mm fan compared to the included with the c7

maybe noctua's fans can be as good or better

i don't know or seen anybody who has replaced the fans of any Cryorig product, that's a good signal

@Xan

I'll admit I've not done much research into the quality of their fans, prior to the C7 and wanting to move into the A4-SFX the only thing I knew of them was the C1 which a few people used in the Ncase.

That is a good sign though, I plan to test out the C7 when i get a chance.

Some small updates from me. Next week I will get a 300mm Version of the 3M cable that was extra made for this project. The cable already arrived in germany and will drive to me by an employee of 3M. I made the decision to use the 300mm version, because the fitting of the 250mm version is very tight.
Furthermore I made the professionelle pictures on the 8th july.

Nice news :D

300mm version sounds good,

if the 250mm is very tight the 300mm should fit perfect.

Finally next week we can see the professional photos of the Dan A4,

both silver and black versions?

Do you know something about the web? It's the next goal?

Thank you and good luck!

Yes the next goal is the webpage with subscription. The page is allready under construction.

Fine then!

Good luck with the photos and the webpage, take ur time and enjoy the summer :)

Nice case, I'd buy one IF Lian Li makes one.

Can't stand cheap/flimsy Silverstone ITX gaming cases.. why would anyone want to put expensive high-end GPU and other quality parts on sh1tty $40 case?

Why wouldn't they want? Are you afraid your super high end and highly emotive GPU would feel like a slut inside a sh1tty $40 case?

Nice case, I'd buy one IF Lian Li makes one.

Can't stand cheap/flimsy Silverstone ITX gaming cases.. why would anyone want to put expensive high-end GPU and other quality parts on sh1tty $40 case?
I think Lian-Li is going to be the manufacturer of the A4-SFX.
Why wouldn't they want? Are you afraid your super high end and highly emotive GPU would feel like a slut inside a sh1tty $40 case?
Lmao :D
This is true, I currently have my rig inside a $20 case and it ain't complaining ;)

Height wise, I've asked for my 150.9mm evga classified and no answer. Here is the msi 970 gaming

DAN%20A4-SFX.jpg

And that card is 140-141mm and it looks like it has some clearance left. How much space I'm not sure. The good thing about the asus gpu is that the power sockets are indented so the power cables will not have to be factored in.

That being said, that 980 ti is over the Dan A4 maximum gpu length of 295mm.

Thanks.
Yes i just saw the lenght numbers.
This one doesn't fit the M1 also. It's too tall there and here too long (at least).

Yeah, the m1 is amazing but the gpu heigh restriction is more limiting than the a4. The A4 does look cooler though.

The Asus Stix 980ti will not fit because the card is too long and the EVGA GTX 980 Classfield will not fit, because the powerconnectors are too high and there is no left room to plug in the power plug.

This is not the faulty of the case, my other card (GTX 780) is 100% horizontal.

The poblem is the MSI GTX 970 4G the card isn't horizontal.
See on a picture of the card in an Silverstone case.
I think the rason is, that the heatsink is only screwed with only 4 screws on the PCB (near the GPU-Chip) with a bit of play so the chance is very high, that the cooler isn't mound straight.

msi7iu7i.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, i think Dondan is right, the MSI card isn't 100% horizontal, the bend its GPU fault, not Dan's A4
compare it with others GPU:

9zu7h1.jpg

The msi heatsink goes down (bend) compared to the other GPU.

Last edited:
The Asus Stix 980ti will not fit because the card is too long and the EVGA GTX 980 Classfield will not fit, because the powerconnectors are too high and there is no left room to plug in the power plug.

Will the Classified not fit even with pcie power connectors that have been shaved 5mm?

$(KGrHqZHJB!FIdWFns7SBSJ3lWG3VQ~~60_35.JPG

350x700px-LL-19551eae_KGrHqZo4FIWEcPOBSKIvBgqpQ60_57.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm terribly sorry if I am bugging the shit out of you Dondan. If I could I would measure the case myself but I can't. I'm no photoshop or CAD expert but here are some rough paint mashups comparing the corsair 250D to the Dan A4:

I'm not exactly sure how accurate that representation is but it's a start.

Now multiple users have been able to fit a gtx 780 Classified (Same dimensions as the 980 classified) in their 250D:

and here is an MSI gtx 970 Gaming:

All the users that have been able to fit the gtx classified have used some sort of low profile pcie 8-pin power cable. I don't know if the A4 is shorter or taller in the gpu spacing area. But if it is the same height or even a few mm taller then the gtx classified gpu's should be able to fit with a low profile pcie 8-pin power cable.

The pictures that you took with the gtx 970 gaming showed it having more space from the top of the cooler to the top of the A4 frame bend compared to the Corsair 250D.

Again sorry for the million questions on the same topic and for the huge pictures but I purchased all the components knowing that this will be my next case. I'm done asking, I will wait till the case is out and I will test out the fitment on my own and if it doesn't fit I'll just trade the classy for another gtx 980 that will fit.

I really appreciate and love what you've done with this case and all of your time and patience in answering questions in multiple forums and more importantly in a second language.

Last edited:
Back