DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

That is neutron star-like density. How are the HDDs attached, double sided tape?

What cooler are you using, how are the temps on the 9900K?

And what feet are you using? Usually aftermarket feet look bad, but these look nice.
LP53+TY100
90-95C in AIDA64

3rd gen Ryzen looks tempting seeing the press and such surrounding it... A4 AM4 builders, what CPU cooler do you have? I'd be sticking to air and all I know that works and is effective are the L9a, L9I with AM4 brackets and both C7s.

I suppose anyone can answer this bit though since it's compatible with both Intel/AMD, does the Cryorig C7/Noctua A9x14 combo eliminate the infamous C7 turbulence?

In anticipation of the V4 I played around and tested different fans on my NH-L9i and the best sound/performance was the Gentle Typhoon. It’s too bad they’re hard to find nowadays in the small version

A bit late but here is my A4-SFX v2 setup.

Cpu- Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard - ROG Strix X470-I Gaming
16GB of RAM
970 EVO 500GB x2
Nvidia 1070 FE
PSU - SF600
AIO - Asetek 545lc

itx.jpg
itx2.jpg

Turns out a 40mm fan fits nicely at the back of the case above the GPU.

A 40x20mm Noctua fan means it's near silent and it does a really good job of pushing air.

I cut it out using a holesaw, and cleaned up using a Dremel to get rid of the rough edges. A little black paint helped cover it up.
The fan had to be modified slightly by rounding one of the edges. This wouldn't have been necessary if I had properly planned the holes and cut closer to the side of the case.

IMG_20181209_174642.jpg

so built a new system in the A4-SFX V3 this xmas costing me £2,500 was really excited !! and got the blackridge low profile cooler for the system for it to be recalled !! so having to make do with another cooler for the time being. Overclockers UK has sent me two replacement blackridge coolers in the meantime both faulty and now sent a 3rd one out with no guarantee if this one is faulty or not. this cooler is massive pain in the ass

How high are the temps difference with and without this 40mm fan ?

The temperatures are exactly the same where the GPU temp caps out at ~68. However the gpu fan speed is lowered by a fraction.

I've put the logs up here.

All in all, it does very little.

Does anybody know if the HDPLEX 400W AC-DC fits in the case (under the Graphics Card or over it), with the HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX PSU?
If so, you could use the space where the SFX PSU would fit, to get a bigger CPU radiator, right?

If anyone is looking for a bag to transport the case, the Meta Threads Lvl3 is perfect. Really easy to transport the A4 / laptop / keyboard / etc

Im about to start building my dan a4 but need a cooler. Would a cryorig c7 copper be the best choice and is it worth 22€ more than the regular c7? I was thinking of buying the alpenföhn black ridge but it seems to be discontinued?

Rig update: I managed to fit 3x5TB HDDs inside this case.
View attachment 134112
View attachment 134113
View attachment 134114
View attachment 134115
View attachment 134116

Specs are

Intel core i9 9900K
Nvidia RTX 2080Ti
2x16GB Corsair LPX 2800Mhz RAM
Corsair SF600
Samsung 970 EVO 2TB
Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Crucial MX500 2TB
3x Seagate 2.5" 5TB HDDs

Seriously though, I feel I am addicted to cramming. Where do I go from here? There's nothing left to upgrade :(
Hi Seamon, where did you find those feet for the case?

Im about to start building my dan a4 but need a cooler. Would a cryorig c7 copper be the best choice and is it worth 22€ more than the regular c7? I was thinking of buying the alpenföhn black ridge but it seems to be discontinued?

If you actually run your CPU at true stock performance levels (yes, this means you'll have to change your motherboard's default settings most likely, as they often enable things like multi-core enhancement which is just another kind of OC) then you can use whatever cooler you want that fits, pretty much. Anything on par or better than the stock cooler will do.

Personally I have very good success with the Noctua NH L9i. I did swap the fan for the NF-A9 PWM. (Please note, I'm not referring to the redux version. the "redux" version of this fan is an old design with garbage performance compared to the current. It's not just a gray version of the current fan!)

Do you think it's worth to wait? I can probably use an Intel stock cooler for my 6700k until it's available.

I actually just upgraded to vlp ram 2x16gb innodisk b-dies dual rank 2400MHz for the BlackRidge. Just starting to OC them right now ;)

Just ordered mine today. Don’t even have anything to put in. I kind of want to do a lightweight gaming rig with lower power requirements and low noise output.

If you actually run your CPU at true stock performance levels (yes, this means you'll have to change your motherboard's default settings most likely, as they often enable things like multi-core enhancement which is just another kind of OC) then you can use whatever cooler you want that fits, pretty much. Anything on par or better than the stock cooler will do.

Personally I have very good success with the Noctua NH L9i. I did swap the fan for the NF-A9 PWM. (Please note, I'm not referring to the redux version. the "redux" version of this fan is an old design with garbage performance compared to the current. It's not just a gray version of the current fan!)
I tried the small intel stock cooler today (250 gram with fan) and damn it gets hot, around 80 degrees with 50% load on all cores (6700k stock speed). The fan might be broken though since it seems to be pretty low rpm almost silent even with turbo fan profile. Those delta fans on stock coolers would get pretty loud from what i remember.

Intel 8086k
Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX
16GB Vengeance DDR4 3200
970 PROs 512GB x2
Evga RTX 2080 Black
Corsair SF600 w/sleeved cables
Asetek 545lc w/Noctua

Not quite finished yet, still have a lot to do:
1. Need to get correct size screws for proper Noctua Fan Mounting to the AIO
2. Cable mgmt..what a nightmare in this case. Have to rethink the main power cable, that's the only thing that's sticking out like a sore thumb.
3. Windows 10 Pro install/slimming down for Gaming
3. Stress Testing/Temperature Testing and Overclocking (This chip ran at 5.2Ghz on my Maximus Z390 Hero)
4. Game optimization
5. Maybe window mod(s) we'll see.

25k38s8.jpg

2zh0gev.jpg

My wish for the V4 is to have additional threaded holes on the base to allow for easier custom feet.

I've been wanting to have this case for years.

Waited for the HSLP-48... then Black Ridge... then the fixed version of that cooler.. then gotta wait for the V4... >_<

Is it possible to fit a slim 92 mm fan below the motherboard and graphics card? It kinda looks like it would be possible but the pci riser may be in the way. I think it would help with the airflow a lot.

Would it really help with the temps? I'm really curious about this bottom fan
Me too.

I'm hoping it reduces all temps just slightly since it's in the direct air path of so many components, including rear sided M.2 SSDs

Intel 8086k
Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX
16GB Vengeance DDR4 3200
970 PROs 512GB x2
Evga RTX 2080 Black
Corsair SF600 w/sleeved cables
Asetek 545lc w/Noctua

Not quite finished yet, still have a lot to do:
1. Need to get correct size screws for proper Noctua Fan Mounting to the AIO
2. Cable mgmt..what a nightmare in this case. Have to rethink the main power cable, that's the only thing that's sticking out like a sore thumb.
3. Windows 10 Pro install/slimming down for Gaming
3. Stress Testing/Temperature Testing and Overclocking (This chip ran at 5.2Ghz on my Maximus Z390 Hero)
4. Game optimization
5. Maybe window mod(s) we'll see.

View attachment 136785

View attachment 136786
Main power cable doesn’t look so bad. What are you thinking of doing for it?

Anyone know the correct screw size for the Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM to mount to the Asetek 545lc properly? The fan holes have a notch inside so the screw doesn't fall through and holds the fan in place.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'll wait for the first reports of the new v4, especially from ppl using a zero fan GPU.

That off/on/off on the desktop made me crazy, i really hope the bigger fan on the botton will solve that problem.

Still got a v2 black in the original Kickstarter box - unopened here. :/ (i think it's black, can't remember any more XD)

I have never had problems with my msi gtx 1070.. The fan is never running in desktop modus. My card isn't running hotter in the Dan compared to my old define s

Still got a v2 black in the original Kickstarter box - unopened here. :/ (i think it's black, can't remember any more XD)

Ha. Yeah I've got a black v1 and a Ghost S1 sitting in my closet in their boxes. The silver v1 build from 2 years ago is still doing it for me..... For now *evil laugh*

Back