DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

Discussion in 'Small Form Factor Systems' started by dondan, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Racemouse

Racemouse n00b

It feels like it's cooler when I'm not using the heatsink, but not 100% sure.
    Still, the buzzing noices exists.(the sounds reminds me of good ol harddrives when you writing data to them)

2. CLOUDZZ

CLOUDZZ n00b

SOOO, asetek 92mm AIO is gone for good? What our other option :( luckily im not planning to build anything unitl next year

3. Apathy_Enthusiast

Apathy_Enthusiast n00b

A4 gone form SFFLAB - anyone know what's going on?

4. dondan

dondan [H]ard|Gawd

maintenance ;)

Julio Espinosa and Nanook like this.
  5. ezeftw

ezeftw n00b

Guys, anyone with the Meta Threads lvl 3 backpack? I want to make sure it fits the A4 before buying.

6. CLOUDZZ

CLOUDZZ n00b

wow I just check the backpack, seems like a good pair for dan a4 sfx , and how it fits the ps4 with enough clearance seems like it will be likely to fit a4 sfx,

7. ezeftw

ezeftw n00b

It seems that it can fit the A4, but I just want to double check before buying.

8. CLOUDZZ

CLOUDZZ n00b

Since You will probably lay it on the back on the backpack, the only thing you need to consider is width of the A4 which is 17cm in widht, so if you want to be 100% sure maybe ask their customer support what is the maximum height the compartment can fit in. But from what I ve seen from the video it should fit but im not 100% sure

9. oblongpolygon

oblongpolygon [H]Lite

So, compatibility with the three brands I trust, ASUS / EVGA / Zotac, is poor.

Damn. :(

Why exactly, though, are the ASUS cards incompatible? It seems like the reason given is the "slot width" of the cards... but I thought the A4 was compatible with "2 slot" cards!

I guess I'll wait on the 2070, 2060 and 2050 compatibility details.

10. rfarmer

rfarmer [H]ard|Gawd

The Strix and the Dual are 2.7 slot cards, the turbo would work in the Dan case.

abdulrhman likes this.
  11. abdulrhman

abdulrhman n00b

What are the new graphic cards RTX compatible with DAN A4-SFX

Please attach photos to those who have tried it

12. Wildace

Wildace [H]ardness Supreme

that would make me sad cause i sort of been planning a build using this case with that cooler past few days didnt even think to look to see if it was still an option ha...

and yeah im likely not building it until beginning of next year but thats disappointing to hear...

13. CLOUDZZ

CLOUDZZ n00b

If you are planning to build it at the beginning of next year, there is chance you can use Dan heatsink, as long as you dont use core i9 form 9th gen i guess. that thing is crap. the temps are crazy even with big AIO.

richiegore likes this.
  14. oblongpolygon

oblongpolygon [H]Lite

I'm already looking forward to a new version of the DAN A4, which might somehow both:
    • be compatible with slightly more of the seemingly thicker 20xx RTX series cards,
    • as well as fit an exhaust fan above the GPU / CPU, running cooperatively with the intake fan at the bottom of the case.
    I'm just praying this isn't too much to wish for. It's too much to ask for, yes... but wishing isn't asking. ;)

15. Vyker

Vyker n00b

Does anyone know which aftermarket heatsinks for GPU's fit in the A4? things like the Acelero and Rainjintek Morpheus?

I've got a MSI Armor 1080 OC and it's so loud!

TIA

16. richiegore

richiegore Limp Gawd

Take the bottom screws out of the side panel and pop open the top of the side panel while gaming. That's what I do, drops the turbulence noise way down.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  17. GoldenboyXD

GoldenboyXD n00b

I would like to know if there is a significant temperature improvement when there is a fan placed under the PSU as intake?

18. ztjio

ztjio n00b

I use one, and I ramp it early vs. the CPU fan. By doing this, it keeps my M.2 card at a reasonable temp most of the time. Without doing this, the M.2 throttles frequently. So I'd say this is pretty clear evidence that having that fan helps. But this is also going to depend on how you laid out your internals, cabling, etc. for airflow. I deliberately laid out my cables to vent my intake over to the board as best as I could.

19. D10S

D10S Limp Gawd

;)Repetita Iuvant ;)
    2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    Julio Espinosa and Nanook like this.
  20. oblongpolygon

oblongpolygon [H]Lite

Does anyone know if the "ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2070 OC Edition 8GB" card would fit in the Dan?

I think the thickness of the card is gonna be the issue, if anything.

21. galletabah

galletabah Limp Gawd

nop

22. bAMtan2

bAMtan2 [H]ard|Gawd

The MSI Gaming probably fits: https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/msi_rtx_2070_gaming_z_review/3

Also this msi armor 2070 should fit and not get too hot either, because it's not overclocked by default (oc adds 10 fps and adds 30-100w): https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_rtx_2070_armor_8g_review,36.html "Acoustics are downright terrific... The power consumption sits at that 170 Watts range... MSI offers this 499 USD card with very little to no compromises... out of all the RTX cards released, this one makes the best sense."

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    dglow likes this.
  23. smarenwolf

smarenwolf [H]Lite

I can't check right now, can someone give me the distance between SFX(non-L) and bottom of the case?
    As well as how much space is needed for the PSU-cables. I wanna see what I can cram in the space between.

24. mirgus

mirgus Limp Gawd

U can install there an 15mm fan with that 575 lc 92mm aio. So I think about 55mm without drives

25. DTN107

DTN107 [H]ardness Supreme

Dang...

Well I have a small stockpile of Corsair H60 kits. I guess I could just replace the 120mm rad with a 92mm rad, but then I'll have to deal with filling it and getting the air bubbles out.

26. imitatsiya

imitatsiya n00b

Wow. This cooler looks amazing. It looks like the fan blows out rather than in. How will this work on the Dan Case as it is designed to take air from outside and blow it onto the cooler?

This was designed by Dan so it probably works well but I'm curious if anyone has any insights about how the positioning of the fan could impact temps/airflow.

27. Synomenon

Synomenon [H]ardness Supreme

Any updates on the USB3.1 Gen2 (Type-C) front panel kit?

28. Ivxy

Ivxy n00b

Hey guys,

if you have an ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac and want to instal an EKL Alpenföhn Black Ridge, you need to modity the cooler. See my other post.
    But the EKL Alpenföhn Black Ridge is better than the NH-L9a-AM4.

29. richiegore

richiegore Limp Gawd

Did you have a fan duct on your L9a? How much better do you think it is?

30. smarenwolf

smarenwolf [H]Lite

Hey folks, just wanted to share a picture :D

Next pic probably will be in a few weeks or even beginning of next year :D I still don't have all the parts for the rig.
    Pump isn't final, it's just a test-fit (different top will be used, for starters).

Attached Files:

31. Vcom

Vcom n00b

Richiegore, the fan duct on the L9a made the CPU 6-8 degrees cooler in my system.

richiegore likes this.
  32. richiegore

richiegore Limp Gawd

So your saying the black ridge is better than the l9a with a fan duct? Do you have the IO shield in place on the back of you computer? Sorry for all the questions, there are just so many factors that can affect performance!

I really want to know how much better the black ridge with a noctua A9x14 fan will be compared to the l9a with a fan duct both with the IO shield in place...

33. smarenwolf

smarenwolf [H]Lite

What experiences do you guys have with M.2-drives behind the mainboard?
    I'm asking primarily because of a) space (due to the thickness of the PCIe-extender) and temperature (as seen above, I do have a fan under the MoBo, but the extender will "shield" the M.2 from airflow anyway, doesn't it?).

34. Wally Simmonds

Wally Simmonds [H]Lite

I'm interested in this too. I've already ordered the l9a but as it's pretty hot where I live I think I'm going to need all the help I can get

Also, what was the deal with the USB type C front port up module? Just a rumour or something promised?

35. Adi979

Adi979 n00b

Just saw on sfflab a shorter version of the x16 cable (ADT) with a length of 185mm. I think maybe a 180mm version like this would be a better fit? The model we need is R33UF-TU. On sfflab they is a version named LiHeat, any news about it?

Just planning a new build with the new Blackridge and 2080 Ti with 2 case fan on the bottom. What would you recommend guys, CPU Fan blow air outside and case fan inside (maybe a problem with GPU because it sucks air in and blow it towards case fan) or cpu suck in and case fan blow out?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  36. QuantumBraced

QuantumBraced Gawd

Can we expect window panels anytime soon?

37. ezeftw

ezeftw n00b

Guys, anyone has the exact dimensions for custom cables?

38. siewsphone

siewsphone n00b

Anyone knows MSI RTX2070 Armor can fit in the case? Base on the spec looks like oversized

39. dondan

dondan [H]ard|Gawd

It will not fit because it is more than 2 Slots.