DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

Discussion in 'Small Form Factor Systems' started by dondan, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Wazzuppi

Wazzuppi n00b

Just got a reply, he says the axp won't fit the dan case. And was quoted $150 USD with fan.

2. prototype27

prototype27 n00b

San Francisco here, and still no word from USPS or DHL since Frankfurt. The trend seems to be moving steadily westward, so hopefully my A4 will make a surprise appearance in the next couple days...

3. Jirbin

Jirbin n00b

we all hope so....:cry:

4. sldr

sldr Limp Gawd

Easily solved by removing the PSU bracket, plugging in the cable and then re-assemble the PSU bracket...

[​IMG]

Strafer and ManaNeko like this.
  5. Jonas Mellkvist

Jonas Mellkvist Limp Gawd

Me to get the Price 150 USD

6. Excallibur

Excallibur n00b

Dodan, is there any update when you think the USB type C connector would be available? I had a small accident today after changing cpu cooler, when pulling out the USB connector it pulled some pins with it from the mainbord :( (asusz270I user)

7. dominathan

dominathan [H]Lite

Being in the same city, we'll get ours hopefully at the same time. But last

irebel likes this.
  8. Philfreeze

Philfreeze [H]Lite

it fill fit if you bend the heat pipes a bit which is quite easy, you don't have to bend them a lot since the cooler isn't that much too high. Then you also have to remove the little thingy under the main part of the heatsink so you can install the fan. This is also quite easy to do (just cut it off).

I got an e-Mail from him today and in which he says there is only one left, I bought it.

Best I can do is an after picture. Maybe I will have to bend another one in the next few days (or when I get the full copper version). I will take some pictures of the process when I do it again.
    I can also talke some pictures to show you how I did it without actually bending the heat pipes again if you want.

rmearns, HighKo and MrLahn like this.
  9. dondan

dondan [H]ard|Gawd

The design is final, I have the price and I also have the minimum order quantity. The quantity is 2000. Currently this is to high for only one existing motherboard with internal 3.1 header. So I put this on hold. Maybe I will reactivate it end of 2017.

Philfreeze Please give us a picture. Do you bend it in that way the heatsink is lower or higher? If you bend it down you need 7-8mm if you bend it up you need 7-9mm.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    Julio Espinosa likes this.
  10. mathijs159

mathijs159 [H]Lite

It's pretty good actually, I can see some vague smudges but you really don't have to worry about picking it up or anything like that. Silver case btw

11. HighKo

HighKo n00b

That would be amazing.

12. danger

danger [H]Lite

Why is everyone so excited about the AXP-100 copper if it requires serious modding to fit?

13. kingtron

kingtron Limp Gawd

It becomes an obsession ! , and it affects me too :arghh:

Julio Espinosa and Philfreeze like this.
  14. arun21

arun21 n00b

Yes I am using the same set up. Two sticks works just fine. They sort of touch but it's ok. No impact to temps or performance. See pic.

edit: I just realized I do have the new TridentZ RGB RAM, so maybe it's ever so slightly thinner than yours?

Attached Files:

15. Meccabolix

Meccabolix n00b

My nexus finally came, I am still using the same 6700K @4.4Ghz with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut thermal paste, here are the test results:

Nexus LOW-7000 R2 with a9x14 fan pulling air in, 4mm standoffs, in dan a4-sfx case:

Idle speed: 800 RPM

Full speed: 2200 RPM

Idle temps:

nexus sucking in a9x14 idle.JPG

Prime95 temps:

nexus sucking in a9x14 stress.JPG

Nexus LOW-7000 R2 with a9x14 fan pushing air out, 4mm standoffs, in dan a4-sfx case:

Idle speed: 800 RPM

Full speed: 2200 RPM

Idle temps:

nexus pushing out a9x14 idle.JPG

Prime95 temps:

nexus pushing out a9x14 stress.JPG

Not bad, but not as good as the LP53 unfortunately, also it's a little bit noisier.

The temps are about as good as the LP53 with a9x14 with the low noise adapter, but obviously the LP53 with a9x14 with low noise adapter is completely silent (it's currently my choice combo until Dan's cooler comes out)

16. ManaNeko

ManaNeko n00b

Yea, fingerprint markings are pretty bad.

17. arun21

arun21 n00b

It's not horrible. Of course we're talking about the black version.

18. Ed_Pasterino

Ed_Pasterino n00b

Pennsylvania here, still haven't seen any updates since Frankfurt but maybe I am the exception.

19. dondan

dondan [H]ard|Gawd

Meccabolix

Please test the Nexus with Thermalright TY-100 to get the best cooling performance.

Julio Espinosa and Meccabolix like this.
  20. ManaNeko

ManaNeko n00b

Am I the only one here who thinks that complaining about shipment updates and delays does absolutely not have its place on this forum thread?

These are personal issues that don't concern everyone, have no bearing on the hardware itself, are of little interest to others and dilute the thread's reading time for people who have to basically sift through useless clutter.

I had a couple questions for shipping, I took them directly to Dan via KickStarter, and they got answered.

Please be considerate : unless you have some ground-braking tip (such as dealing with expensive customs for ex) keep the administrative side of things on the KickStarter platform.

21. Meccabolix

Meccabolix n00b

Nexus LOW-7000 R2 with ty100 fan pulling air in, 4mm standoffs, in dan a4-sfx case:

Idle speed: 810 RPM

Full speed: 2500 RPM

Idle temps:

nexus sucking in ty100 idle.JPG

Prime95 temps:

nexus sucking in ty100 stress.JPG

Nexus LOW-7000 R2 with ty100 fan pushing air out, 4mm standoffs, in dan a4-sfx case:

Idle speed: 810 RPM

Full speed: 2500 RPM

Idle temps:

nexus pushing out ty100 idle.JPG

Prime95 temps:

nexus pushing out ty100 stress.JPG

As you can see, the Nexus with the ty100 cooler pulling air in gives me the lowest temperatures yet, but only by 1°C lower than the lp53 with a9x14 with 4mm standoffs in the vertical orientation. It's quite a bit louder than the Nexus LOW-7000 R2 with a9x14 fan, but not as loud as the C7. it is very large, i had to remove the heat sinks from my trident Z's to fit it onto the motherboard. i would try a 120mm fan but i'm afraid my trident Z's are too tall.

22. ManaNeko

ManaNeko n00b

Well, I guess that depends on each individual's perspiration.
    It's brushed aluminum, and that doesn't like fingerprints in general.
    See for yourself.

Attached Files:

Meccabolix likes this.
  23. Diverge

Diverge Gawd

Looks like my case will be delivered today :) It finally hit my local post office in NY (Long Island).

24. SideSwiped

SideSwiped n00b

Congrats! Still nothing from the garden state, except one user got his monday...very strange.

I think next time there should be an option to pay extra for faster shipping. Didn't think the anticipation would be this painful while staring at a stagnant shipment tracking for the last 3 weeks. USPS sucks as always. DHL got me an item from Japan in three days so I don't know what's up with them.

25. danger

danger [H]Lite

Garden state checking in, mine is in the state and scheduled to be delivered today.

26. SideSwiped

SideSwiped n00b

What time did your tracking update? Early AM?

27. danger

danger [H]Lite

Yeah, 4:30 AM.

28. Jirbin

Jirbin n00b

constantly checking my tracking link http://imgur.com/a/KdoPI each day and seeing this everytime is just sad....really damn sad.

29. Ca11idus

Ca11idus Limp Gawd

Copy and paste your DHL tracking number in to usps.com.

30. p0lish

p0lish Gawd

Thanks. I'm trying to figure out if i have a bad ram stick or a bad ram slot. I wouldn't think touching the heatsink would be a big deal.

31. David A4

David A4 Limp Gawd

finally got a reply and he told me the axp-100 are no longer available at 1030pm pacific standard time :(, but he asked why i wanted it and why others wanted it too, i told him a lot of people are interested in alternative cooling methods with full copper, maybe they'll make more for us?

32. phoxx

phoxx n00b

I was able to get one last night.

33. phoxx

phoxx n00b

My case is being delivered today, I will in Southern California

34. dondan

dondan [H]ard|Gawd

@Kickstarter backers: Please stop posts about Kickstarter shipments. If you have questions ask me on Kickstarter or use the comments section in the Kickstarter campaign to talk about that topic with other backers. Normally you will have your answer after a day or less. This thread is not a Kickstarter support thread! If you got your case you can post that, but this is the wrong place for tracking links and shipment support questio. If this will not stop I will report that posts. Please be patient everyone will get his A4-SFX.

Please back to topic! :)

35. David A4

David A4 Limp Gawd

ugh i was so bummed, i sent an email at 430pm and get a reply at 1030 that they got nothing left :( oh well, it wasnt meant to be, the copper color would have offset the aesthetic i am trying to pull off.

36. Diverge

Diverge Gawd

I'm pretty sure no one was asking for support from you. It's just about people being excited about getting their cases, and wondering where they might be in cases where others in same areas had gotten them already.

vtor67, dtagirov, OmenemO and 3 others like this.
  37. mcheddadi

mcheddadi Limp Gawd

yep, this thread has become it's own thing. can't control it anymore lol. freedom haha
    anyways i'm going to go bend my axp-100 copper now. btw philifreeze there's nothing to cut on the copper one. it's not like the axp-100 H that has a little support bracket.

wish me luck guys!

MrLahn, Julio Espinosa and Philfreeze like this.
  38. p0lish

p0lish Gawd

just got the system booted last night, and with a 6700K/Strix Z270/Noctura L9i and my idle temps were 38-40 just sitting in bios with no side panels. Is this to high? Should i reapply the thermal paste? I used the included Noctura paste.

39. dondan

dondan [H]ard|Gawd

Maybe not control, but I can stop the train :D:D:D

[​IMG]

40. vtor67

vtor67 n00b

There's no stopping this train! CHOO CHOO! :D