DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

While we are all waiting till fall 2016, could someone with some nice autocad skills render a comparison between the Dan A4, node 304 and Ncase M1? These are the cases that I've owned in the past and curious about their relative sizes.

If it sells over 1000, will there be a version with pci express covers ala Silverstone TJ08e? (and available seperately for early backers) Seems like a fairly simple and cheap option.
Or if someone knows someplace you can buy those.
Backed the black + silver combo. Can't wait!

Dan,

Any extended goal plans?

Future availability if I reach more than 1000 cases.

congrats dan, I knew you could do it

edit: I feel like the cryorg c7 is almost mandatory for this case, and so I feel like the kickstarter should mention it. or at least it should be mentioned somewhere. there are a few other small coolers, but the c7 is the biggest and the best that can fit. I am afraid that dan will now get 1000 emails about what cooler to buy...

Currently not ^^.

One question. The kickstarter campaign is supposed to be limited to 1500 cases, but in my calculation there is more than that!
In the orders for two cases one order is not just one case, but two cases. Am i right?

A4-SFX - Black - 950 orders = 950 Cases
A4-SFX - Silver - 350 orders = 350 cases
2x A4-SFX - Black - 50 orders = 100 cases
2x A4-SFX - Silver - 50 orders = 100 cases

1x A4-SFX - Black -
1x A4-SFX - Silver - 100 orders = 200 cases

Total cases = 1700

Reactions: Jspr
like this
Future availability WHEN I reach more than 1000 cases.

FIXED :)

I think the real solution to my concern is an official DAN A4-SFX WIKI. With a wiki, users can post component dimensions and performance and information about the case, all in one place. And this way people will not need to ask questions HERE every day!

dondan Okay, please tell me if I am wrong, but I think there might be a little problem with the kickstarter amount of cases.
You said max was 1500 yes?
There is 950 single black and 350 single silver = 1300 and then there is 50+50+100..
But the problem there is that it is 50 pledges, 50 pledges and 100 pledges and each pledge is 2 cases?
Or am I wrong? That would mean 1700 all in all instead of 1500.

If I am right, you should half each of the duo-pledges so it goes 25+25+50. :)

My example currently it says 730 backers of:
479 black, 189 silvers, 18 2xBlack, 4 2xSilver and 38 2xMix which is 788 numbers of cases.

Edit: #4949 beat me to it by seconds!!

Last edited:
Went for a black one, and debating on changing it to one of each.. I am currently actually trying to figure out to install a H75 in this

One question. The kickstarter campaign is supposed to be limited to 1500 cases, but in my calculation there is more than that!
In the orders for two cases one order is not just one case, but two cases. Am i right?

1x A4-SFX - Black -

Total cases = 1700
The reason for the limit is handling and shipping (pretty much only the handling). So ordering two cases in one packet does not significantly add to handling time as opposed to 2 packets would be my guess.

1x A4-SFX - Black -

Total cases = 1700

You are right :). I looked thousend times on the campaign and calculated the double tiers as one case. Your luck, now you have 1700 in total.

While we are all waiting till fall 2016, could someone with some nice autocad skills render a comparison between the Dan A4, node 304 and Ncase M1? These are the cases that I've owned in the past and curious about their relative sizes.

Front,ordered by height:
FHtcfzN.jpg

Top, A4 is just 1mm shorter than M1:
VZ9UXqW.jpg

2 A4s fit in a 304:
WGKPvyx.jpg

These were done in Sketchup

799 total cases pledged (case count will be higher than backer count). Campaigns been live a little over 4 hours... So this bodes well for future success I think.

Backed and excited!
Any chance the original backers of the A4-SFX could get a discount on future iterations? :D :D

Here's a thrown together comparison in sketchup until someone (maybe) makes a nicer one:

(click it for bigger)
I just used listed measurements, hopefully this works well for you. :)
If it sells over 1000, will there be a version with pci express covers ala Silverstone TJ08e? (and available seperately for early backers) Seems like a fairly simple and cheap option.
Or if someone knows someplace you can buy those.
Backed the black + silver combo. Can't wait!
You mean those slotted silver covers?
It looks like it'll already have some:
a43UGbt.png

The H75 will not fit inside the case.
it might fit if you use the X99ITXE and find a way to run the tubes through the gap in the IO panel so you can have the rad externally. :p

Yeah i'm pledging for this case, and i'm not hating or anything, but the price is definitely on the high side.

Also, i hope Dan clears up this VAT issue because right now non-EU customers are paying 19% VAT Tax when they shouldn't have to. In the information portion it states that
"Customers outside of the EU will not pay the 19% German VAT, but may have to cover local taxes. To make reward tiers handling easier, the VAT tax will be cleared with shipping costs for those customers. Therefore, they can expect to pay much less in shipping charges."

A 19% tax on a 230EUR case is 43.70EUR. Even after offsetting the shipping fee to say, USA - 20EUR, we're still over paying by 23.70 EUR. Where does this cash go then? I don't expect we'll get a refund for it.

Just take note backers.

Cheers
Shaun
I didn't notice this, are you sure?

Front,ordered by height:

Top, A4 is just 1mm shorter than M1:

2 A4s fit in a 304:

These were done in Sketchup

Wow, thanks for creating that so quickly! Geez Node 304 really is kind of huge! And to think that when I first got into computers I was set on getting the bitfenix prodigy :)

Here's a thrown together comparison in sketchup until someone (maybe) makes a nicer one:

a43UGbt.png

it might fit if you use the X99ITXE and find a way to run the tubes through the gap in the IO panel so you can have the rad externally. :p
I was actually refering to those IO gaps above the PCIe slots. Small detail i know but it seems easily solved also.

I didn't notice this, are you sure?
Taxes are actually 36,70 EUR. these are deducted from the real shipping cost to your country outside of Europe, which will be a lot more expensive.
I guess shipping is calculated per normal DHL prices from Germany?

This isn't true, because before you calculate the VAT you have to remove 8% + 0,2€ Kickstarter fees (~ 17,22€) = 212,75€. From this value the VAT is normaly 33,97€. None EU backers safe 20€ of the 33,97€ because I need a buffer for my effort and the risk that something goes wrong and I have to pay the full VAT.

This isn't true, because before you calculate the VAT you have to remove 8% + 0,2€ Kickstarter fees (~ 17,22€) = 212,75€. From this value the VAT is normaly 33,97€. None EU backers safe 20€ of the 33,97€ because I need a buffer for my effort and the risk that something goes wrong and I have to pay the full VAT.
Would you refund this amount if nothing goes wrong and you'll not need to pay the full VAT?

I was actually refering to those IO gaps above the PCIe slots. Small detail i know but it seems easily solved also.
Ah, I get what you mean now.
It'd be nice if they were covered but I don't think they will be by default, worst case you could get a panel like the M1 has made for it.
Would you refund this amount if nothing goes wrong and you don't have to pay the full VAT?
It's a relatively small amount, I would personally prefer if he just kept it to simplify things on his end + extra profit for all the work he's done so far.

Hey dan thanks for this great project and im glad the kickstarter is working really well !

I have a very specific question about the case, what alloy does the aluminium have.

Would be really nice to know because i want to color anodize the case after I get it, thanks !

Would you refund this amount if nothing goes wrong and you'll not need to pay the full VAT?
Sorry this isn't possible.

Are non-EU countries charged local tax on the Kickstarter page, or is it a customs fee that will have to be paid when we receive the case?

Local taxes, but you don't have to pay the full VAT. You save 20€ and I substract them already from the shipping cost. So normale shipping in the US will be 42€ but now it is only 22€.

It's a relatively small amount, I would personally prefer if he just kept it to simplify things on his end + extra profit for all the work he's done so far.
I agree it's a relatively small amount, but I think non-EU buyers should not have to pay something that they should not have to pay.
However, to give something extra instead, like dust filters, sounds right to me.

Hey Dondan,

This might be deliberate, but I was charged 22 euro for shipping on one case, but when I upgraded my pledge to two cases, the shipping price went down to ten euro total for both units. I have a feeling this wasn't on purpose.

(click it for bigger)
I just used listed measurements, hopefully this works well for you. :)

a43UGbt.png

Thank you for the sketchup! Lol at the lady carrying tools for scale? :p

I agree it's a relatively small amount, but I think non-EU buyers should not have to pay something that they should not have to pay.
However, to give something extra instead, like dust filters, sounds right to me.
I understand and sort of agree, but even as a US buyer I'm not too bothered with it, personally.
Thank you for the sketchup! Lol at the lady carrying tools for scale? :p
Yep!
She's in the drawing by default when you load up a template, so I left her in.

Just wanted to congratulate you dandon. It's a beautiful case, and its not easy getting something produced and shipped in quantity. I've been happy with my ncase, but I'd choose the A4 if I was looking for a new case. PS great job on the manual too!

Seems like this could sell out the single cases tier rewards in a few days. Will the campaign end then, and enable earlier shipment? Unless the 2 cases tier rewards must sell out as well.

Back