Damn, Promedia 2.1 problem... What now?

Seanpr123

Limp Gawd
So looking for some advice here. A little under two years ago I bought some Klipsch Promedia 2.1s, and now a few days ago it looks like I'm gonna have to junk them. Noticed bad sound coming out of left speaker one day, next day it's dead and I can actually smell burning plastic in the speaker. I tried switching the speaker plugs and it causes my right speaker to distort and I'm pretty sure it would destroy the speaker if I left it in any longer. I hoped it was just the cable but I tried switching plugs on the sub, but its definitely the output coming from the left port on the sub. It even sparked when I plugged it in!

So just trying to decide what my best bet is these days. I love the quality those produced however 2 years at moderate levels doesn't seem very long so I'm questioning if I should go back to them.

Anybody have any recommendations, maybe even something a little cheaper? Know where I can find a good deal on the 2.1's?

Thanks for any help.
Sean

You can call Klipsch and send them back to have them fixed. I believe when I did that, they fixed everything for $40. Thanks.

Check to see if your speakers are really dead. You can buy pieces from Ebay to replace the dead parts. Probably cheaper than mailing it in to get it fixed. Heck I bought my Klipsch for like $70 so spending $40 + shipping is probably not worth it.

I have mine since 03(the alien round looking one) but i think my right side of the speaker is getting weaker in sound and the left is pretty loud.. I have to balance them to sound right... =(

Back