Damn, its nice to see people getting legitimately EXCITED for an AMD product

I'm excited that we as customers have 2 viable choices again in the CPU realm --- PC power advanced rapidly when Intel and AMD were neck and neck in the ~500 MHz+ days of K7/TBird & P3 Katmai/Coppermine and customers had a choice between platforms that leap-frogged each other all the time.
Maybe it was process technology that helped, but the race was on and we all benefited from the outputs.

Bringing back viable competition can only be a good thing --- the last AMD system I had was an A64 FX-55 and having been strictly Intel for the last ~10 years, it's exciting to see AMD back and a contender again.

A strong AMD keeps Intel in check and innovating.
One of the things that has helped AMD is Intel is actually having a real hard time with the physics beyond 10nm and i imagine so will AMD.

Exciting because Intel doesn't get to effectively set its own prices.. While I was kicking around getting into BW-E last year, just waiting a bit I can have that performance for hundreds less and that feels like a favor from AMD hehe. I am sure the performance will be there, but the Z87 and Z97 have been stellar platforms so I hope the boards will be as rock solid.

First time I've done a large preorder :). 1800X+MSI Titanium+Gskill 3600 16GB. I just have to see this.

Disappointed on the PCI lanes front though. Still unsure if my M2 card is gonna send my GPU down to x8 mode or what the go is. Info doesn't seem clear enough to me.

First time I've done a large preorder :). 1800X+MSI Titanium+Gskill 3600 16GB. I just have to see this.

Disappointed on the PCI lanes front though. Still unsure if my M2 card is gonna send my GPU down to x8 mode or what the go is. Info doesn't seem clear enough to me.
It shouldn't as it's a different part of the pcie, even so if it did you would see zero performance hit.

I seen a number of articles and posts saying X8 mode could cost a few fps but not much, in any case I wouldn't be happy about it.

Hope your right though

Back