Damn 7820x is impressive (my own chip)

The problem is that you are acting as if its a problem you found out.
Calm down....

Sometimes in life we find problems that to us our unique. Problems we discover exists that we have never heard of and in finding them we report to others. Maybe someone else has already found said issue but it doesn't mean that your an idiot for not k owing it was already discovered.

Do you know how many inventions are original in the mind of the creator only to find out it's already been patented? It was a cool invention and in the eye if the beholder was new and bold and game changing.

Last edited:
Anyone hopping back to mainstream for a 9900K?

Well I abandoned x299 because Intel offers no real future for it. Intel has been shady af lately. I can't support their high end.

I went AMD so I could have a board that will last 3 to 4 gens and they are not being shady and mafia like Intel.

At any rate the 9900k is NOT worth the 500 dollar premo price. An 8700k overclocked can game just as good for half to a 3rd the price, used vs. new etc.. And an 8600k can game as good as an 8700k for even less .

Though I do need an i3 8100 so I'm gonna buy one in a few days so yeah in a way I'm getting mainstream but still have my AMD 2950x and am beyond impressed with it compared to my 7820x which was hyper impressive as well.

I play mostly 1080p @ 240hz monitor between 140 and more fps on avg. And AMD is delivering.

I also play at 3440x ultrawide and it really delivers there.

But I also run lots of staxrip encodes etc... on 12 cores while gaming on the last 4 cores of the 16 and it works so well. Also having quad channel ram helps with all the video encoding while gaming. Unique case where 4x ram makes a difference in a world that no other work load short of data center does quad channel even matter.

Moar cores is better

So if you do not have hedt or an 6 or 8 core then yeah 9x00k or 8x00k or 2950x/2700x is the way to go.

Qad channel go hedt but If not needed I say just get a 6 core Intel or 8 core AMD and be impressed because they both are.

Last edited:
Anyone hopping back to mainstream for a 9900K?

Nope, going to upgrade to a 7940X shortly. I see no reason to get rid of my platform when I can upgrade for around $800 after selling my 7820X.

However, I will upgrade my 2700X to the Ryzen 2 when it hits.

Hrm, after reading a few reviews I think I'm happier to stick with the 7820X now for a while longer.

Hrm, after reading a few reviews I think I'm happier to stick with the 7820X now for a while longer.

No kidding! If you don't have a 7820x yet, the 9800x seems like such a more attractive CPU. The surface area of the 9700k idie s just too much for 8 cores at 5 ghz+.

I pre-ordered 7800x when they first came out and have been very happy with it. Hoping to move up to one of the i9's if/when the price drops further.

Being an 8core chip the 7820x is super impressive. If I needed the extra cores I would have gone with that chip for sure, I certainly went back and forth many times on the 8700k and the 7820x before final purchase. Good stuff!

I have my delided 7820x, and have pre-ordered a 99000k. Mostly because I am not a fan of my x299 motherboard. I figured if I was going to change that, I would give the 9900k a try. Now I am thinking about just buying a different x299 board and holding onto my 7820x.

Back