damaged surface pro 3

antok86

[H]F Junkie
so i have two damaged surface pros that developed cracks out of nowhere. after a quick google it looks to be a common thing. microsoft quoted $450 to replace with a refurb which is ridiculous! displays/digitizer going for about 300 on ebay. anybody have a clue what my next options might be...should i just cut my losses and sell them as is

They're definitely not under warranty? Also are they i5s? You can pretty much get a new SP3 on sale for just a bit more than $450 anyway. I'd cut my losses :/

Can you send pics too? I'm thinking about replacing my SP2 and I'd like to see what you're talking about.

They're definitely not under warranty? Also are they i5s? You can pretty much get a new SP3 on sale for just a bit more than $450 anyway. I'd cut my losses :/
one is under warranty but this is not covered. they are both i5 128gb. ill send pics in a bit

one is under warranty but this is not covered. they are both i5 128gb. ill send pics in a bit
$450 is still insane considering that is the bulk of the price for a new item. $300 for self replacement is crazy too. There's no guarantee you don't break it trying to fix it.

Back