Dallas Fry's B&M: Q9550 + ECS Mobo for $229, no rebates

Levii

Limp Gawd
Fry's B&M: Q9550 + ECS Mobo for $229, no rebates. The egg has the Q9550 by itself for $320. This is from the D/FW area Fry's ads, but might exist elsewhere too.

24354709ey4.gif

Fry's B&M: Q9550 + ECS Mobo for $229, no rebates. The egg has the Q9550 by itself for $320. This is from the D/FW area Fry's ads, but might exist elsewhere too.

24354709ey4.gif

Holy snaps that is a great find. $319 @ egg. Is there a pricedrop coming?

I would believe we are near the end of the year price drops. You could easily get back like 30 bucks for that board.

I think this is still $350 at our Fry's :(

Yeah not all Fry's have the same deals. Texas seems to get the real killer deals. They had that E7200 for $79 awhile back and E7200 and ECS mobo for $99. Up here in WA it was an E7300 and ECS for $119.

This is an amazing deal. I mean get the Q9550 and throw the ECS away for all you care.

Yeah not all Fry's have the same deals. Texas seems to get the real killer deals. They had that E7200 for $79 awhile back and E7200 and ECS mobo for $99. Up here in WA it was an E7300 and ECS for $119.

This is an amazing deal. I mean get the Q9550 and throw the ECS away for all you care.

I got the $80 E7200 from my Fry's - I seem to have some weird memory controller issue though and have to run it at 333x9.5 when overclocking but can do 400x6.5 without a problem. Limits me to ~3.15GHz at stock voltage. Rounding errors in Prime95 no matter what voltages I give anything in the system when running it higher, yet it had no problem with a quad 65nm at 333x9. I get to the same point (into windows, running Prime95 with same error point) no matter if I'm at 400x7.5 or 400x9.5 :( Hopefully getting away from XPC's altogether will cure these types of problems.

Anyways, I will be calling ours shortly to check their pricing today. Will update soon.

Edit:
Fry's in Portland, OR (Wilsonville) has these for $230 starting today also. I'll be picking one up at lunch.

Available in the LA/OC Fry's also

maybe its just your area. I always see the same deals in LA/OC whenever a Fry's thread from Texas comes up. I saw the $79 E7200 once and the $99 combo happens a lot

and someone over at Fatwallet says its the Retail version cpu

This makes me curse myself. If I had a fry's in my town I would be in the store buying one right now, then skipping work to come home and overclock it in my P5Q Pro....

Can anyone pick one of these up for me?

I can give you all my information and I can paypal you the money.

I understand the 9550 is pretty sweet processor but isn't it better to get the new core i7 processor for about the same price through ebay/cashback or i guess with this you don't have to upgrade mobo/ram

I understand the 9550 is pretty sweet processor but isn't it better to get the new core i7 processor for about the same price through ebay/cashback or i guess with this you don't have to upgrade mobo/ram

yup...mobo/ddr3 puts that way over my threshold

Anyone else find the "all the latest networking" tag rather amusing considering the two items they are advertising?

Sweet deal on the 9550, good thing I don't live near a Fry's anymore or I'd be trying to explain why I spent $250 on a new CPU.

I got in on the combo here in Socal. Anaheim Fry's probably has like 25 combos left when I left. Got the E0 version too.

$250 out the door, now I gotta sell my dual core... who wants my E8400 E0 4.3ghz stable 1.37 vcore with free ECS motherboard? hahahaah damn I spend so much money :(

If someone can confirm that this deal is happening at the downers grove, IL store, I will pick them up one for 10 bucks over cost+shipping.

Picked one up - $230 out the door with an SLB8V/E0. The employee kept asking me if I was sure I wanted one as many had been returned during the day so I was thinking C1's but the guy was just an idiot - the processor I received hadn't been returned and was E0.

Just got one in Dallas (Garland). The guy said they were going pretty quickly (of course he would say that). As confirmed above, they are the Retail q9550's. The recipet breaks down the costs of the bundle at $185 for the processors and $44 for the board. The board has a regular retail sticker price of $80. Now I am glad I decided not to get that E8200 combo deal they had last week.

I may have to check this out when I get back into Dallas tomorrow. This seems pretty hot.

So far overclocking is disgusting on my L835B 10/27/08 pack date.... stock voltage 3.8ghz..... 1.875 vid and all I was hoping was for 4ghz under 1.4vcore :eek:

So far overclocking is disgusting on my L835B 10/27/08 pack date.... stock voltage 3.8ghz..... 1.875 vid and all I was hoping was for 4ghz under 1.4vcore :eek:

Nice. Looks like you should settle into that 4.2Ghz neighborhood where many new 9550 users are finding there is a bit of a ceiling. What a super deal that was

man im in a tempting spot right now, should i just sell my q6600 and get this and sell the board? has anyone seen these out of stock at their store? thinking about going tomorrow.

Back