Daily Woot: Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor $169.99 + 5 Shipping

dhahlen

[H]ard|Gawd
Deal on woot.com 06/08/09

Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor

1 Asus EEEPC900A-WFBB01 8.9", Atom N270, 4G SSD, 1GB DDR2, Linux, 802.11bg

Features:

* 8.9” screen size for more-than-ample viewing space, making it more comfortable on eyes when in use
* 1024×600 resolution allows you to view a single A4 page without the need to scroll left or right for easier reading and editing of documents
* Built-in Solid State Disk (SSD) technology ensures that the internal drive stays quiet, draws less power, boots up faster and resists physical shock
* Robust data protection and superior shock resistance, ideal companion for reporters, wildlife photographers and other outdoor enthusiasts
* Incredibly intuitive point-and-click user interface that even first-time PC users will find extremely easy to use
* Fast boot up, get onto the Internet in mere seconds from the time you press the power button
* Open Office, Skype, and 50 other applications preinstalled

Specifications:

* Operating System: GNU Linux
* Display: 8.9” Display, 1024×600 resolution
* LCD Type: LED Backlit
* Intel CPU & Chipset: Intel® Atom N270 1.6GHz
* Hard Drive: 4GB Solid State Drive (SSD)
* WLAN: Built-in 802.11b/g
* Memory: DDR II 1GB
* Display Card: Intel UMA
* Audio: Hi-definition Audio
* Stereo speakers
* Built-in Mic
* Storage Cards: SD/ MMC (SDHC)
* Battery: Li-ion Battery, 4 hrs of operation under normal use
* Power: Output: 12V, 36W; Input: 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz universal
* Dimensions: 8.86" (W) x 6.7" (D) x 0.79" ~ 1.33" (H)
* Weight: 2.20 lbs (with Battery)
* Case Color: Pearl White
* ASUS Exclusive Utility: Super Hybrid Engine; Eee Connect; Dr. Eee

Input / Output:

* 3xUSB
* MMC/SD(SDHC) Memory Card Reader Slot
* VGA-out (D-Sub, 15pin)
* Earphone jack (3.5mm Audio Out)
* Microphone (3.5mm Audio In)
* RJ45 10/100 Mbps LAN Connector

Additional Photos:

* Keyboard and Touchpad
* Left Side Profile
* Right Side Profile

In the box:

* Eee PC 900A Netbook
* A/C Adapter and Cord
* Rechargable Netbook Battery Pack

i would only get this if i was looking for the absolute cheapest netbook. at $175 without tax (except for tx residents) i don't think you will get any cheaper than this. but it leaves a lot to be desired.

they are good for browsing and minor document editing, etc. I have an HP mini, and I paid $200 for it from a friend, its basically the same system. This isn't a bad price. I got one for the wife and she loves it.

Not a bad price if you were going to swap out the hard drive anyways on a new netbook.

Might get it for a taking notes, reading mail machine. ^^

Thanks for the find OP.

Had a 900HA. It was decent but the keyboard was a little cramped. Can't complaint too much at this price.

Have this exact one myself I got at BB for $200. Got rid of Xandros Linux and installed lite xp on it (the drivers are downloadable from Asus). For surfing forums, youtube and basic browsing, it serves its function well. The stock SSD is painfully slow, but improves when you turn off indexing and the page file.

Pretty good deal considering what it is.

In for one. After dragging my 15" widescreen HP laptop around to classes last week and pulling a surgical staple (ouch), I'm all over having a smaller, lighter laptop.

Plus it'll be great for my Japan trip. w00t

I went straight over to Newegg and ordered a faster 16GB SSD and a 2GB stick of ram. 4GB of storage is ridiculous. I have more than that on my PSP *and* my cellphone.

I bout one, sold it on ebay after taking it on one trip...

That stock SSD is painful.

I have the 1000HA with the 160GB HDD.

I figured I'd save a few bucks, and wait till SDD drops.

is the battery life as reported 4hrs?? ordered one for my daughter. Im have a 80gig SATA laptop drive, am assuming and hoping it's a SATA connector?

is the battery life as reported 4hrs?? ordered one for my daughter. Im have a 80gig SATA laptop drive, am assuming and hoping it's a SATA connector?

I don't think it is. I think it's a mini-PCIe SSD.

Back