Daily traffic limit router?

Icestation

Weaksauce
Can anyone confirm that an ASUS RT-N66U has a daily traffic limit and what kind of options are there as in per mac, IP, port?

I asked a similar question a while ago, but I have seen some new routers talking about daily traffic limits now, just curious if anyone with a new router WRT or not that would allow me to put a 200MB daily limit on a port or IP/mac

I have seen some netgears that say this but nothing confirmed about how it works and what options are there.

So if you have a newer router with any options similar to this please post the make and model and what options there are screen shots would be great.

I dont care about the type of traffic just total traffic. I need to be able to cut off a computer at say 200MB a day.

I am going with no, its still just a router even with custom firmware, you might be able to do this with another appliance.
However, I am not aware of what that would be off hand.
Possibly, an untangle box or some sort of firewall OS.

Nah, you're going to need to build your own router or purchase one that's meant for srs bzns. Custom firmware isn't going to help you much in this area.

well the netgears have a monthly limit, I just need that monthly to be daily and reset every day.
I just cant imagine that nothing out there custom firmware or small firewall/router box would not be able to do this, since there is the option for the monthly

Yeah that just tracks through put on the router not traffic for a specific port, IP, or MAC address.

Back