Daily Mining Profits

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
Won't happen. However they really kicked themselves in the nuts, is what a lot of complex and boring analytics boils it down to. They managed to do not much more than needlessly devalue their own products.

I understand why Nvidia chose LHR - it was supposed to be a hedge against a repeat of 2017/2018 crypto crash, but things aren't playing out like their forecast models.
Did the miner designated cards that were coming ever launch?

Andrew_Carr

2[H]4U
Did the miner designated cards that were coming ever launch?
I've yet to see them available publicly but I saw some info released on the higher end version. It looks like they probably took the A100 and turned it into a mining card (roughly 160MH/s). Not sure on pricing but if it's cheap enough it would be a good card. The lower end models seemed pointless but I believe some mining farms bought several thousand directly from Nvidia.

undertaker2k8

[H]ard|Gawd
So my experience with using the more power tool in my rig has been a bit underwhelming, even at 97W (650 mv) for the 6700XTs I kept getting some random driver timeouts, decided to just chuck it, reinstall the drivers from scratch and use the built-in limits in wattman, sure 47 MH@110W isn't very impressive but isn't all that bad either and better than constantly battling driver issues. YMMV, obviously.

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Finally go off my lazy bum and got some cards back in action after Sparkpool went kaput with the rest of the CCP action.

1633418271876.png

BassTek

Supreme [H]ardness
i've tried hiveon, ethermine and flex. I feel ethermine and flex have been the best. Have you visited miningpoolprofits.com?
I’ve used Ethermine, 2miners, Hiveon and Flexpool and I think I might just move back to Flexpool soon and pay for HiveOS.

It’s tough to compare apples to apples with the difficulty and other variables always changing but Flexpool did seem to hit more big blocks that actually affected my daily earnings compared to the others. Ethermine was consistent and HiveOn is ok if you don’t want to pay for HiveOS and have multiple rigs.

2Miners had the worst stat reporting of the bunch so I never really knew what was going on with that pool.

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
i've tried hiveon, ethermine and flex. I feel ethermine and flex have been the best. Have you visited miningpoolprofits.com?
No, and honestly I do not pay much attention to this. I asked someone I trusted on this, and they told me what they are doing and I followed.

undertaker2k8

[H]ard|Gawd
Added a second 6600xt to my sff rig, better than even a solo 6800 and slightly lower power. Finally crossed 400 Mh/s (415 Mh/s across 7 GPUs and 2 machines) and think I am finally done with this experiment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211018-163041_NiceHash.jpg
    Screenshot_20211018-163041_NiceHash.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 1

Bigbacon

Fully [H]
My daily has been all over the place for lasf week or so. Was constantly in the 26/27 dollar range but this last 7 days, its lime 16 then 27 the 14 the 26 and just up and down xonstantly. Really beating up my earnings. For at least the prior 12 weeks, i was like 325 or so evey 14 days which was awesome.

kaneO

n00b
Started yesterday with nicehash using an EVGA FTW3 3080 and I've made $5.57 from 5 payouts(4hour intervals) with the optimizer on medium. Tried high twice and it crashed instantly. I have a hybrid cooler for the GPU I wonder if that would help much?

kirbyrj

Fully [H]
Started yesterday with nicehash using an EVGA FTW3 3080 and I've made $5.57 from 5 payouts(4hour intervals) with the optimizer on medium. Tried high twice and it crashed instantly. I have a hybrid cooler for the GPU I wonder if that would help much?

You have to tweak the settings. I have a 3080 that I run at ~230W tops and nets me right around $5/day. The program I use lets me tweak each individual setting for each algorithm.

kaneO

n00b
You have to tweak the settings. I have a 3080 that I run at ~230W tops and nets me right around $5/day. The program I use lets me tweak each individual setting for each algorithm.
Thats about what I'll be getting after I pay the utility bill. Not to bad either way. What program do you use?

kirbyrj

Fully [H]
Thats about what I'll be getting after I pay the utility bill. Not to bad either way. What program do you use?

Nicehash Miner Legacy Fork Fix.

It does everything that the regular NH program does except it throws back in a couple miners that NH doesn't like anymore like Phoenix and T-rex. It adds autolykos as an algorithm which isn't in the regular program. And it allows you to manually adjust each specific miner/algorithm with its own settings in afterburner. I can also go in and replace the miner files with the newest ones (NBMiner and T-rex) so I get higher hash rates than the included ones.

I have much better results with T-rex than with NBMiner for ETH mining, but NBMiner is much better at autolykos than T-rex. I can enable only the algorithms I want and then tweak the settings to get maximum efficiency.

Edit: The only time I would stay with the regular NH program is if you're using a FHR card that can run with the NH miner since it has Zero developer fees. Even if it is slightly slower than the others, you aren't paying developer fees so you profit more. On an FHR card, the highest profitability is still going to come from ETH.

Edit2: I accidentally mixed up FHR and LHR in the edit above. I fixed it. FHR - use regular NH; LHR - use the NHLFF posted above is what I use.

Last edited:

kaneO

n00b
Nicehash Miner Legacy Fork Fix.

It does everything that the regular NH program does except it throws back in a couple miners that NH doesn't like anymore like Phoenix and T-rex. It adds autolykos as an algorithm which isn't in the regular program. And it allows you to manually adjust each specific miner/algorithm with its own settings in afterburner. I can also go in and replace the miner files with the newest ones (NBMiner and T-rex) so I get higher hash rates than the included ones.

I have much better results with T-rex than with NBMiner for ETH mining, but NBMiner is much better at autolykos than T-rex. I can enable only the algorithms I want and then tweak the settings to get maximum efficiency.
Cool, I'm gonna look into this