Daily deal: Revenge of the Titans (tower defense) STEAM $5

requiem99

Supreme [H]ardness
Bought this, already played it a bit, then came here to recommend it. I'd have bought a 4 pack for copies for friends if it was possible. My last TD recommendations were Sol Survivor and Sanctum. This one is different (single player only) but very good and absolutely charming as hell. BUY IT.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/93200/

Definitely worth it. Received as part of a Humble Indie Bundle. It's fantastic for a tower defense game. Quite challenging, too.

I concur looks fun, a possibly a bit more involved than those TD games that are on free game sites like Gemcraft or Cursed Treasure.

checked steam, not on sale any more. :(
then I saw humble indie bundle. Damn, I paid although never downloaded anything.
Checked my download link. Getting it now. :)

Its funny because its still listed under "Specials" wonder if there was some limit, on the number of people who'd get it.

How does this compare to "Defense Grid" ?

To me at least, after about 4 hours played each, I'd say Revenge of the Titans is more challenging towards the end game. I think it also has much more character / better art direction. I do like both though.

I wanted to pick this up, but my Steam account wouldn't log in from 11-12AM Central time. =(

or download the demo and play that to try it. Blocks the game from dialing out and the demo is the full game.

How does this compare to "Defense Grid" ?
I've put more time into Defense Grid. Defense Grid is more standard path TD where your buildings can't be destroyed. RotT does get more difficult in later levels. Your buildings can be destroyed and your enemies do not go down one specific path.

I find more strategy is required in RotT on each play through where as Defense Grid only requires more strategy when you are going for a challenge playthrough.

RotT does get more difficult in later levels

And apparently if you have more money it gets quite a bit more difficult (turning off the adaptive difficulty didn't seem to do squat)

Back