D9 FTB.... Looking for some help

eViL_M@LuM

Crosshair's Nephew
So I have stumbled upon 2x2Gb Crucial 667 D9FTB series.... My Setup is
q6700
ip35-pro
Antec Trio PSU 3x12v @ 18a each
2x2gb d9ftb

Currently I'm testing just FSB to see what I can push. This chip seems limited to overall speed around 3.3-3.4 which seems really low for a 6700 but even @ 1.5v it wont push past it.

Cpu 1.2v
DDR 2.4v
DDR VTT 1.2v
CPU VTT 1.33v
MCH 1.46v

I'm priming @ 426 atm..... but the timings arent the greatest 5,5,5,14 2T
any suggestions on Voltages, Timings, ect ect ect

I'd like to get around 450ish and I've seen a lot of people doing it with D9's would be great seeing I originally got 8gbs of these modules for 100bux.

D9's come in all different flavors.. that designation only means that it's an FBGA production chip from micron. Could be anything from mobile sdram to ddr3 ;)

That said, I'd keep it at 4-4-4 or 5-5-5 for the primary timings. From my testing ages ago (with a K8 system :(), most chips gave best overall system performance at the lowest overall latency possible, which depends on both the timing and actual speed of the memory. For the 2nd generation (rev B) DDR2 chips (D9GMH and related chips), 4-4-4 was better for every day use, but I'm not entirely sure which revision you have. Micron's site indicates that those chips are EOL and are now obsolete, so I'm guessing something older.

One thing I like to do is pick a timing set, start at 1.8v, max out the stable frequency, run a few benchmarks, increase to 1.9v, repeat until arouns 2.2-2.6v, depending on the chips, and do the same for different timings, until I come up with a chart that looks like this:

vvt.png

And performance graphs that correspond with the different settings at the same cpu frequency:

timings.png

hq.png

3d05.png

32m.png

And pick the setting that has the highest performance with the applications I like to use most. ;)

Granted, that takes up a lot of time, but it's the best way to make sure your system is well optimized for the hardware that you have :)

Back