D2D 5 Year Anniversary Sale- $5 a Game (50 Games)

Oh man T____T
All this talk about the games is wanting me to play them.
Is there any gifting method in D2D?

Yup. When you proceed to the checkout, there's a little option to gift games. There's even a video tutorial on d2d's page :p

>___< I've posted this above already ^
But I can't buy the games because the transaction failed three times for both PayPal and inputting the card number directly.
Can anyone gift me the three games I was trying to buy? I will reimburse them through my own PayPal!

- Edit
Got someone to gift them to me, thanks!

Last edited:
Anyone else have any issues installing World in Conflict? I've extracted all the files to a folder, but whenever I open Setup.exe I just get a box in the top left corner of my screen with an "X" in it. Perhaps it's something to do with Win7?

edit: Nevermind, I just deleted everything and reunzipped the files using 7zip instead of the default Windows unzip feature. Installing the game w/o a problem now.

Last edited:
transaction failed, hahah. i debated for a day whether to shell out $15 for a few games that i wont have a lot of time for; guess they d2d made it easier on me

I was unable to use paypal because I kept getting transaction failed. But the first time I used my CC it went through. Just an FYI

I got Assassin's Creed when it was available, used GayPal - worked... Just tried it for Battlestations and it didn't work, but CC did.

You guys think I should get Company of Heros and WIC?

SeaFoam, I bought all 3 of those games, haha... I'm not speaking from experience, but they're all like 90%+ ratings in professional reviews, and most people speak highly of them... and they're $5 each....

Hey, what are you guys' opinion on Battlestations: Pacific? I heard it was really boring but I keep seeing screenshots and videos of more than epic dogfights and stuff.

I liked Battlestations:Midway, the biggest draw for me is the Iowa class battleships are in the new one. I wish it was finished downloading but one of my server cards just took a giant shit and the port went to hell.... so I had to re-wire some cat 5 after my anger 'relief'

I liked Battlestations:Midway, the biggest draw for me is the Iowa class battleships are in the new one. I wish it was finished downloading but one of my server cards just took a giant shit and the port went to hell.... so I had to re-wire some cat 5 after my anger 'relief'

Hmmm, how is the online multiplayer? I heard that it didn't work and take off right away.

Just picked up the Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena. I never played the original, figured it was well worth the $5 :).

Hmmm, how is the online multiplayer? I heard that it didn't work and take off right away.

Haven't gotten to multiplayer yet, I had Midway for 360 and I liked that multiplayer a lot - have to work in the AM or I would give it a go tonight.

Last edited:
Wow, d2d continues to take my money

Chronicles of Riddick
Stalker
Bioshock
World in Conflict
Supreme Commander

Man, the war titles have no appeal to me. I was holding up on getting Mount & Blade, but figured that it was worth it in the end. No luck with Civilization IV so far as it's region restricted, and I'm still willing and eager to trade for another 5 bucks title available worldwide, if anyone's willing to do me that sort of favor! ;_;

Just bought Company of Heroes Gold and Drakensang: The Dark Eye. I had problems with buying it using paypal yesterday but looks like it is working now. Maybe I should buy Supreme Commander also! :D

Man, the war titles have no appeal to me. I was holding up on getting Mount & Blade, but figured that it was worth it in the end. No luck with Civilization IV so far as it's region restricted, and I'm still willing and eager to trade for another 5 bucks title available worldwide, if anyone's willing to do me that sort of favor! ;_;

I wasn't really planning on buying anything else... but let me see if there is something else I could use

Sorry man, you're pretty restricted.... are you able to Paypal me $5? It might be easier if you got someone in the US to do it though, since I'm in Mexico and dealing with Pesos :rolleyes:

Sorry man, you're pretty restricted.... are you able to Paypal me $5? It might be easier if you got someone in the US to do it though, since I'm in Mexico and dealing with Pesos :rolleyes:

Hah, yeah, that'd be easier for me. PM me your info :D (I mean, if it's OK with you, because I don't want you to lose money or anything D: )

Still trying to decide if I should spend the money on GTAIII and Riddick (essentially you get both Riddick games on the newer engine). I wish they would release Liberty City Stories so I could cause trouble on motorcycles. But $10 on pre patched versions of both games.

Still trying to decide if I should spend the money on GTAIII and Riddick (essentially you get both Riddick games on the newer engine). I wish they would release Liberty City Stories so I could cause trouble on motorcycles. But $10 on pre patched versions of both games.

Oh that makes sense, I was just about to post and ask why Riddick is a 7 gig download :eek:

I just picked up Supreme Commander Gold.

Do I want Riddick? I'm not sure at all... I probably won't even play it, but perhaps I want it just in case? Damnit... unless someone gives me a compelling reason to get it, I guess I'll have to pass.

Do I want Riddick? I'm not sure at all... I probably won't even play it, but perhaps I want it just in case? Damnit... unless someone gives me a compelling reason to get it, I guess I'll have to pass.
It's an awesome game. If that isn't a good enough reason to get it, then I don't know what would be.

Anyone purchase Battlestations: Pacific and have issues running it? I've installed dx9 and now its bitching about xlive. Well I ran games for windows and still nothing. I want my $5 back.

Riddick is being bitchy...hour and a half DL was corrupted.Twice. Third times a charm?

Haven't gotten to multiplayer yet, I had Midway for 360 and I liked that multiplayer a lot - have to work in the AM or I would give it a go tonight.

Haha, that's cool, tell me your opinion whenever you can, I might just join you in on that game.

Just a mini-review for those considering Supreme Commander (gold) or World in Conflict (gold).

I'm slightly disappointed by Supreme Commander. I heard it was supposed to be a great game but the campaign seems slow and rigid. For at least the first 4 missions or so all defensive buildings (both friendly and enemy) feel overpowered. Victory seems to be centered on macro control with massive amounts of units....which take a massive amount of time to fabricate.

World in Conflict on the other hand is a great looking game with tons of micro abilities and ways to make even a few troops survive a very long time if properly used. I haven't played multiplayer in WiC yet but I'm assuming it'd be somewhat limited based on the unit-only approach of the game.

WiC has been more fun in the short term, but I believe Supreme Commander will probably be more fun in the long run due to it's multiplayer capabilities.

I hear SupCom is pretty dead Multiplayer wise though... actually, same for WiC...

I hear SupCom is pretty dead Multiplayer wise though... actually, same for WiC...

I looked at how many online matches were going and I will admit--there weren't many for SC. I haven't looked yet for WiC but considering both games are around 2 years old I wouldn't expect too many people to still be playing them.

I bought Company of Heroes as well, and apparently there is still a pretty good player base there. WiC is supposed to be a lot of fun, so with this new sale maybe there will be a bit of a resurrection

So, bought Company of Heroes, put in the multi key but it will not allow me to play the single player campaign missions; says I need to buy the full version of the original game.

Any ideas?

Back