D2

i have never played it before, but i am thinking of picking it up. is it like nwn? what does everyone think of it

topdragon147 said:
i have never played it before, but i am thinking of picking it up. is it like nwn? what does everyone think of it

Doom2? Dune2? DeusEx2? Diablo2? From your comparison to NWN, I'm going to assume Diablo2. Its similar play style, but nowhere near as complicated. In NWN though you can't tell, your character is actually swinging their weapon based upon "turns." Diablo2 doesn't have such a system as far as I know, its literally how fast you can click. It also lacks the depth of NWN. Great game, but if you've played NWN you might be disappointed. Then again you might think it refreshing that you don't have to keep track of so much stuff...

mjz_5 said:
to save yourself from typing 5 letters, you had to write d2.. stop trying to be cool
I think he got the point from OldPueblo's post. You stop trying to be cool.

topdragon147 said:
yeah diablo2

That game is hacked to death. I played up until they released their latest patch 1.10. I heard that the enemy is extremly hard under 1.10 and that and you can't gain much experience from cow level, which suck if your trying to build characters fast. Also they cut amount of unique drops from monsters and boss runs. It just gets old quick. I would sell you my diablo battlechest with d1, d2 and d2 Lord of Desruction but I really wouldn't recommend anyone wasting time in D2 anymore. Its not the same experience it was when it first came out. Its the ultimate example of how hacking can ruin a game.

megawzrd said:
That game is hacked to death. I played up until they released their latest patch 1.10. I heard that the enemy is extremly hard under 1.10 and that and you can't gain much experience from cow level, which suck if your trying to build characters fast. Also they cut amount of unique drops from monsters and boss runs. It just gets old quick. I would sell you my diablo battlechest with d1, d2 and d2 Lord of Desruction but I really wouldn't recommend anyone wasting time in D2 anymore. Its not the same experience it was when it first came out. Its the ultimate example of how hacking can ruin a game.

(By Hacking he means official Patching/Updating, not actual Hacking).

By hacking I mean hacking. Or maybe I should say use of exploits. Character builders, hacked items, duped items, maphack, guys trying to rip you off by trading you stone of jordan's when they have 50 in their inventory. The 1.10 patch fixed some of these things, and problems, like cow runs, boss runs, which were just game exploits to get unique items. But there will always be hackers in D2, they probably already found their way around 1.10. Both the official patch and hackers themselves killed the game.

*well I just checked out the battlenet forum at blizzard and it seems like blizzard is doing alot of banning these days...found a thread where aparently a baal run = temp ban. And other threads along those lines.

The bottom line is that the game has little replay value, once you beat it with one character (which sounds like due to the increased difficulty takes forever), you can't boost other characters quickly anymore and you lose interest.

Well, Diablo can still be fun. there are still some people out there that enjoy playing the game and don't hack (myself included). The game is much harder now, but that just means that you have to actually think about what kind of character you're going to make to go along with some equipment. Trading is a pain, but thats why you just find the items yourself. Which is now easier if you don't just run bosses all the time. You go through some tough areas (arcane, bloody, ancient...) get some nice exp and some possible good drops, then go kill some bosses. They made it so the longer you stay in one game, the better the drops are.

its still a great game if you avoid all the bad people which isn't that hard.

Back