D-link Wireless Router

Matt

n00b
Okay guys, two weeks ago i went out and bought a D-Link DSL-G604T wireless ADSL router.

Ive installed it all, and setup the wireless network fine, but what i cant do is surf the net. On the status page it says its connected fine, but i cant view any websites on any of the pcs attatched (both wired and wireless).

Now, the first time i tried it, it worked, but all of a sudden i couldnt access any. So last nite i restored the router, and voila it works, but its gone off again after 5 minutes.

Is their something wrong or is it what im doing ?

Please Help

Matt

I had a problem (that sounds similar) where my friend would loose connectivity to his wireless router every 2 or three minutes. After firmware and driver updates, we found out that it was the QoS service running. Once he turned off the QoS filtering, the connection stabilized.

Just my 2 cents.

ooh, thanks guys.

I'll give them both a try and let you know.

Thanks,

Matt

Sushi said:
I had a problem (that sounds similar) where my friend would loose connectivity to his wireless router every 2 or three minutes. After firmware and driver updates, we found out that it was the QoS service running. Once he turned off the QoS filtering, the connection stabilized.

Just my 2 cents.
not to thread crap but this seems like a good opportunity for me, so can u explain that a lil further?... i have a similar problem right now... what is this QoS service and how do i turn it off and where?

thanks

Sushi said:

Just my 2 cents.

THX SO MUCH!! lol

My mom was ready to kill me because her connection keeps cutting out. I just disabled the QoS service, and now it is a steady connection. I get to live another day Woohoo!!

QoS = Quality of Service = Basically this filter monitors the packets according to a set of standards and discards them if they are not good enough. It monitors latency, bandwidth, packetloss, etc.

Glad it helped.

edit - Wayne, it is a protocol loaded in your local area network properties under QoS Packet Scheduler. You could remove that or go to control panel - administrative tools - services - and disable QoS RSVP. That "should" work. ;)

Sushi said:
edit - Wayne, it is a protocol loaded in your local area network properties under QoS Packet Scheduler. You could remove that or go to control panel - administrative tools - services - and disable QoS RSVP. That "should" work. ;)
which computer do i disable that on?

i have cable internet that goes thru a router then to 3 seperate computers... which one?

thanks

Back