d-link dir extreme n wireless router

I just got the d-link wireless n router last night. My linksys wrtg54g crapped out on me yesterday and i had to get something(had it for 3+years so i cant complain). My wife allowed me to spend $120 on a router, so i called it a lucky misfortune. I guess...
But, the problem is that my bedroom desktop will not connect with it for some odd reason. I stayed up from 9-1am tryin to figure this out. My laptop will connect and my powermac will also without a problem, but this desktop, which is the main pc in the house will not connect wirelessly. Im assuming its the card which is an old at&t wireless card which i bought 3+years ago for an old pc i dont have anymore.
The issue is it does connect with no security, and wep, but when i connect it using wpa (any wpa) it will not connect to the router. So, currently i have it hardwired to my desktop to make sure theres no problem with the router and my desktop connecting to the internet.
Any thoughts, before i get the wireless n card? Also i tried to look for updated drivers, but theres nothing to find about this at&t wireless 54mbps desktop adapter.
heres a pic
3274329.jpg

Update, i got the extreme wireless N adapter to put in my desktop and problem solved. I actually got it for 50 dollars. It was on sale for 60 dollars (regularly 80) and there was a 10 dollar off cupon next to the register at office depot. After connecting it, it was extreme goodness. My wireless speed for my desktop is now 300mbps.
sweet

Back