D-Link DIR-825 B1 with DD-WRT

LOCO LAPTOP

[H]F Junkie
In case you guys didn't know the good news, Anyone with a DIR-825 B1 (NOT A1) can install DD-WRT! :D
I'm currently have it installed on mine.
dd-wrtdlink.png

To download the lastest go here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/...V24-preSP2/07-16-10-r14815/dlink-dir825-revb/

Pros: Works better then dlink frimwares.
Already overclocked by 80Mhz.
iPhone doesn't lose wifi like before

Cons: Wifi needs a little work, some signal and speed issues has been reported.

Last edited:
I'd like to see how stable it is. Also, how well does it handle 2.4/5Ghz clients simultaneously?

I am trying the latest DD-wrt version from their ftp site. It doesn't show up on the main database yet. Just google it and there is a link in the forum too at dd-wrt. it is the version 14684. It is so much more stable then D-link firmware. My dads computer and my moms computer and my cell phone didn't get ip half the time, actually my dads computer would not connect at all half the day and then it would work for a few hours. Now with DD-wrt every wireless computer works like a charm. I didn't jump on the early version for dir-825 but after a few months this firmware seems to be really stable and both 2ghz and 5ghz work fine. I heard even print function is supported in the latest firmware.

I'd like to see how stable it is. Also, how well does it handle 2.4/5Ghz clients simultaneously?

Very. I had this running in class with my classmates connected to it. ran great.

Also I updated the link for download to the lastest

I just picked up a DIR-825 RevB1, 2.02NA firmware today..

I've glanced through this thread and others, i'm unclear if i should try the DD-WRT firmware (which one?) or not..

My goal with the 825, was to get boosted throughput, enough, hopefully on 5ghz, to stream bluray isos at around 40mbps max (currently on 2.4ghz and the dir-635 or 655, i can only max out at 30 at the range i'm at, and thats not consistent, it jumps around alot, using qcheck as the tester). (some have said they can with the 825 on 5ghz mode)

Will this DD-WRT cause issues with wireless as some noted in other threads? Or has this been fixed? Will it boost the wireless speeds by being able to crank up the signal?

Will i be able to establish a vpn connection to a vpn server offsite (PPTP or L2TP etc)?

I'm assuming to, from what i read, i could turn my 825 into a vpn router, allowing me to have a vpn at the gateway, rather than on my home machine, if i choose to enable it?

Thanks in advance

I just picked up a DIR-825 RevB1, 2.02NA firmware today..

I've glanced through this thread and others, i'm unclear if i should try the DD-WRT firmware (which one?) or not..

My goal with the 825, was to get boosted throughput, enough, hopefully on 5ghz, to stream bluray isos at around 40mbps max (currently on 2.4ghz and the dir-635 or 655, i can only max out at 30 at the range i'm at, and thats not consistent, it jumps around alot, using qcheck as the tester). (some have said they can with the 825 on 5ghz mode)

Will this DD-WRT cause issues with wireless as some noted in other threads? Or has this been fixed? Will it boost the wireless speeds by being able to crank up the signal?

Will i be able to establish a vpn connection to a vpn server offsite (PPTP or L2TP etc)?

I'm assuming to, from what i read, i could turn my 825 into a vpn router, allowing me to have a vpn at the gateway, rather than on my home machine, if i choose to enable it?

Thanks in advance

What did you find out? I'm curious. I tried to install a beta version of DLink f/w that some have tried and said they had luck with (not clear on what exactly) but it hosed my WAN and LAN ports. DLink is sending a replacement for my B1. My biggest thing is throughput on both frequencies and especially on 5Ghz for the same reason as you posted.

Back