D-Link DGL-4500 or NETGEAR WNR3500L

Boss

n00b
I'm planning on getting a new wireless router and needed your valued opinions. I want gigabit LAN and WAN and I would like to have Wireless N capability. I do a lot of Network Sharing, Media Streaming, Torrenting, and dabble on the Playstion 3 from time to time. The Netgear won't cost me as much as the D-Link, but the difference in cost is not much of a factor to me.

Wireless Devices I'd use:
Blackberry wireless G
Laptop wireless N
Iphone wireless G
Friends' laptops wireless G

From my research so far, It's come down to these Routers:
D-Link DGL-4500
NETGEAR WNR3500L
NETGEAR WNDR3700

I've been very happy with D-Link Gamer routers in the past, but I've heard of the firmware issues on this model. I will be upgrading firmware(Tomato) if I decide to go with the Netgear.

Also to Netgear WNR3500L and WNDR3700 owners, Is the vertical stand removable and is it wall mountable?

Let me know what you guys think about these two, or if you have any other recommendations.

Last edited:
what about some belkins..

there is one out there that will do adsl2 (inbuilt modem), and run without (connected to cable or fiber modems.) does n as well..

They've ironed out many (if not all) of the firmware issues of the DGL-4500. I wasn't happy with it at first, but now it does the job.

I'll look at some Belkins, but I probably won't need the adsl2 feature. I'm really happy with my Cable Modem connection.
If I do go with the DGL-4500, I will upgrade the Firmware for sure. I have a few friends with the DGL and they're very happy with them after the Firmware upgrades.
I'm still hoping to hear from the Net Gear users on this.
Thanks for the replies guys!

Back