D-Link DGL-4500 Firmware Fiasco

I think you are taking this way too seriously. companies have been producing and selling flaky wireless equipment for years. not every device is perfect, some get worse with firmware, some get better. this is not going to change anytime soon, and the same thing applies for motherboards, gps devices, media players, and whatever. point here is that you are trying to make a huge stink with stuff that goes on all the time in the pc industry.

also remember that you upgraded your firmware by choice, and there was likely a warning on d-link's page telling you not to do so if your router was functioning properly. sure it sucks, however if this whole thing is really bothering you so much, it might be a good idea to just toss your router and get something else.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

This is so terrible? You are actually justifying companies releasing trash and not taking care of their customers. This case is especially terrible because we are talking about one of the most expensive consumer routers out there. People buy this thing because they expect the absolute BEST. It is not like they bought some 15.99 router from a no name brand and expect to much. This thing costs $150.

I am glad I found this I was rather displeased with my DGL 4300 which did not last as long as it should and had some issues. D-Link has terrible firmware and even their hardware is not so hot. My AC/DC PSU on the thing went bad. So now I am looking for something else.

This is so terrible? You are actually justifying companies releasing trash and not taking care of their customers. This case is especially terrible because we are talking about one of the most expensive consumer routers out there. People buy this thing because they expect the absolute BEST. It is not like they bought some 15.99 router from a no name brand and expect to much. This thing costs $150.

D-Link is not exactly a luxury brand for hardware. They have been release crap hardware and firmware all over their consumer market. People who have been buying the cheap D-Link should be just as entitled to get a working product as people that purchase a higher priced model.

Dlink may not be a luxury brand but these specific gaming routers are.

I have a 4100, and it's one of the greatest wired routers I've used to date.

Doesn't crap out when hammering it with p2p threads.

So what's the update on this router?
I upgraded the firmware on it as soon as I bought it, not realizing i'd run into the unplug-to-get-internet-again issue.

I bought it from Newegg 4 days over a month ago. I was doing better with my linksys running DD-WRT (Untill I screwed it up). I'd really love to have this running just fine...is there a way to "downgrade" or is the newer firmware actually any good?

I love the router...but the shit I am going through...only makes me wish I had been smart to leave it at whatever it came with.

For anyone that has a DGL 4500 if you have updated to 1.2x crap firmware. There is a downgrade available if you check on DSL Reports, I will update this post with a link after the hockey game.

Back