D-Link DGL-4300 $99 at Fry's

My router broke recently so I picked this up at Fry's since I needed it right away. Was expecting $150 since things I need are never cheap, but was surprised when it was only $99. This was at the Fountain Valley, CA store.

Thanks. I've been planning to buy one of these, so I just snagged it off their site for 99.99 with free shipping. :)

Yep, picked one up yesterday to test out to see if it can replace my *nix router. The wired one is at a hot deal of $119 if you don't want the wireless.

I was thinking of getting one of these, can someone tell their experiences with it? Seems pretty feature rich, but I'd like to know if it works well.

I was thinking of getting one of these, can someone tell their experiences with it? Seems pretty feature rich, but I'd like to know if it works well.

I recently bought one of these to run the small network of puters at my office. We have 2 hard line connected and one wireless. The thing works beautifully. Had no problems with setup and the speed is great. I haven't had to reboot the thing once in probably 2 months now. I really like the web-based setup as well. Its quite user friendly especially for a guy like me who is definately not a networking wizard.

I give it 2 thumbs up. Plus I know I paid like $130 or so for mine...

I got this router a few weeks ago to replace my *gear router that kept on "losing" my internet connection (usually at the worst time while gaming). It works pretty well. Has a really nice admin screen. At $100, its an awesome deal.

I bought one the day they were released... at first I was leary of Dlink but this router has been the best I have ever owned. I can download 30 torrents at once and not lockup.

Link Yeah not a bad deal; not as cheap as the egg deal for $75 that sold out in like record time, but still not bad.

Damn nice price. So tempted to pick one up to replace my crappy Linksys that seems to need to be rebooted once a week. :(

I paid $141 for mine in April 2005, and it's been great so far. It's never locked up on me, no matter how much I've gamed or torrented, even at LANs (including some ~30-40 seat events).

Occasionally my laptop (wireless) gets super laggy reading files from my desktops (wired)... power cycling the router fixes it, but I'm not sure what the issue is. Likely just a firmware update. Also note that my laptop's wireless is frequently funky, even on other networks, so take this tidbit as you will.

How is the QoS, can you download torrents and play BF2/CS:S at the same time?

Yes and no. I have had this router for about a year and a half now and am on Comcast in MN. The QoS will keep my ping in the 100-150 range while running torrents, but I prefer to sit at 50-75 so I shut them off. If you are playing WoW you will never notice the differnece, if you are sniping in CS/BF2/etc you will. Of course the max up I get out of Comcast is 35kbs so you can always blame them.

This router does kick all sorts of ass. I have had 0 issues and the gigabit ports are nice to have. It also has a pleasing look to it BUT the LEDs are very bright; so if that matters to you hide it away.

Yes and no. I have had this router for about a year and a half now and am on Comcast in MN. The QoS will keep my ping in the 100-150 range while running torrents, but I prefer to sit at 50-75 so I shut them off. If you are playing WoW you will never notice the differnece, if you are sniping in CS/BF2/etc you will. Of course the max up I get out of Comcast is 35kbs so you can always blame them.

This router does kick all sorts of ass. I have had 0 issues and the gigabit ports are nice to have. It also has a pleasing look to it BUT the LEDs are very bright; so if that matters to you hide it away.

Thanks for the reply, I've got comcast as well (with 35k up) so I guess I'll just continue to turn off my torrents. Thanks for the LED info, I've got special red tape I use for covering bright LEDs so it shouldn't be a problem.

Back