D-Link DCS-5009L ip cam not visible outside of network

Milehigh

Limp Gawd
I have an ethernet wired house, with 3 ip cams hardwired on the network. Two Foscam and the one D-link mentioned in the title. Internally I use Blue Iris, a program to monitor and record, and IP Cam Pro on Android to view on 4G when away from the house. The Foscam's are fine and viewable on 4G, but I'm unable to see the D-link (which is new, replacing another Foscam that fried).

Interestingly enough, the D-link is viewable on Blue Iris (internal) and on the cell phones while on internal wi-fi, so I know the cam settings are correct. I've had to port forward all 3 cams to unique ports, which you can designate on each cam's internal settings, and do use a static IP on all 3 as well.

Using a port scanning website, 2 of the 3 ports are visible, and of course those 2 cams work, but the 3rd port is not showing (the D-Link) and I can't see it from outside the network... not sure why. Is there anything funky with the D-Link hardware that needs a setting or otherwise conflicts with the port forward?

D-Link suggests using their software, but it sucks to use different programs for cams, when the IP Cam Pro works great and has a matrix view allowing all cams to be view concurrently. I'm using the stock firmware on an Asus RT-N56U router, and port forwarding the cams to their respective ports... all in the 8000's. Advice for troubleshooting?

The only thing I can think of is different packet type IE UDP vs TCP and confirm port is forwarding correctly. Can you telnet into that port from the outside? If not then its not really open to the outside.

Thanks Vengance, I've been really busy lately, but will explore further... I believe the port forward on my router was set to both UDP and TCP. I'm going to delete the entry and recreate it to ensure no mistakes.

Back