D.C.S. World AH-64 Simulator

The_Heretic

Certified [H]
Anyone else out there messing with this sim ? My controls are a little jacked ATM but I'm working on it.

I got it but I suck. My controls aren't even my HOTAS cause I don't want to dig it out of the closet. I am trying to fly with a PS4 Dualshock and after a lot of tweaking (just for flight) I can kind of follow waypoints now lol. Though landing seem more like bouncing most of the time. Don't know why I keep buying their Aircraft and Terrain modules. I don't really play that often but I love just flying over vegas, even though most of the time I take off and try to land but crash miserably. I just ignore the tower and just do my thing haha.

I got it but I suck. My controls aren't even my HOTAS cause I don't want to dig it out of the closet. I am trying to fly with a PS4 Dualshock and after a lot of tweaking (just for flight) I can kind of follow waypoints now lol. Though landing seem more like bouncing most of the time. Don't know why I keep buying their Aircraft and Terrain modules. I don't really play that often but I love just flying over vegas, even though most of the time I take off and try to land but crash miserably. I just ignore the tower and just do my thing haha.
I hear you, and are trying to get my controls tweaked where I can reliably fly it. Made some progress last night. Sounds like you and I are similar in that I own several of the modules, goof around with them when I feel in the mood, not a pro at any, just having fun.

I used to delve into DCS and I had high hopes for World being a good combined arms environment but the ground element just never gelled with me.

Using the SU-25 and P-51 in VR (Vive/Index) though.....whoa. Those high-fidelity cockpits really shine there.

I used to delve into DCS and I had high hopes for World being a good combined arms environment but the ground element just never gelled with me.

Using the SU-25 and P-51 in VR (Vive/Index) though.....whoa. Those high-fidelity cockpits really shine there.

You can control ground units with Combined Arms, but the game will always be a flight sim first. It is kind of fun but not very detailed and of course, the terrian is low detail for ground based anything.

Yeah Combined Arms is more like a strategy game, moving and controlling ground forces, but some of the vehicles you can control and fight in if desired.

Just getting the controls worked out and learning landing without trashing the blades. Slowly but surely.

Back