cyubeVR Realistic Building Blocks

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
If Minecraft does not do it for you in the graphics department, and sitting at your computer getting no exercise has your down, have no fear! cyubeVR is here soon, in early access, to fix both those issues and it supports both the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. It's all about the voxels, voxels, and more voxels. While there is no current multiplayer support, that is on the roadmap. Thanks cageymaru.

Check out the video.

Immerse yourself in an infinite, procedurally generated world in a voxel game designed for roomscale VR. Explore, gather resources, craft and build anything you have in mind. Featuring beautiful graphics and a fully dynamic day/night cycle.

so minecraft in VR. could be neat if thats your thing
No, modded minecraft in VR.

Seriously, shaders, mods to allow chopping down entire trees by taking out the base, etc. have been around for a while.

Game designers underestimate the wrist strength of your average gamer.
If you need to wave your hand in this motion 10 million times you're going to get tired wrists.

Oh, good. Another trash-tier Minecraft clone. We don't have enough of those.

Oh, good. Another trash-tier Minecraft clone. We don't have enough of those.
Even being equal to unmodded Minecraft isn't anything to write home about. The video linked in the OP shows the same horrible worldgen that leaves floating 1-2 block islands everywhere. Why this has been left in as anything other than a non-default option I simply don't get. I bought the Minecraft alpha when the hype train first started and a few weeks in I was so bored I was scratching my head at the enthusiasm others were showing for it. I check back in every couple of major updates hoping there will be some sensible combat mechanics going in and or more in-depth crafting of basic equipment/weapons going on but no, more of the same crap I never liked the first time around.

Since then there's been Cube World which got DDOS'ed to death within a week or two and hasn't seen an update since..

And Trove which is by Trion.. enough said about that.:sick:

Meanwhile Steam keeps publishing awful clones of the above 3 because apparently the demand is out there but no decent company has come along to bear the torch.

Back