Cyclic Redundancy Check in RAID5 but not byu themselves

CruisD64

2[H]4U
Hey all,

I have a strange issue that I've never previously encountered. I received several SSD's from a datacenter decommission and tested them out. Low hours, SMART data all checks out, drives detected no problem... I can format the drives and use them fine by themselves but not in RAID5. I've writen over 1TB to 2 of them without issue. There are 3 drives total. Anyone seen this before? I'm not sure exactly how they were used previously, but I'm thinking my best bet at the point is to write 0's to all of the drives and try agagin. Maybe there is some ghost RAID information on them? Thoughts?

EDIT: Can't assign a drive letter so chkdsk isn't an option.

You may want to ensure all of the drives (assuming they are all the same model) are running the same firmware version.

You may want to ensure all of the drives (assuming they are all the same model) are running the same firmware version.

Yep. I updated all of the drives to the same firmware. It was weird actually. I was able to get them to RAID by chance it seems. They worked for 3 days in RAID, then stopped, however individually they are still fine. I'm thinking it's actually the RAID controller on my X79.

Back