Cyberpunk on Consoles: Bad to Rad

Had three crashes this morning playing the 'Dream On' quest. Also game was super glitchy. It kept telling me to follow the cables but I had already done that. Would not show me the next step in the quest. I also had an 'item' that I picked up show its pop-up window and it would never go away. Really bad. I did a complete reset of the PS5 and I swear its more glitchy then ever.

Had three crashes this morning playing the 'Dream On' quest. Also game was super glitchy. It kept telling me to follow the cables but I had already done that. Would not show me the next step in the quest. I also had an 'item' that I picked up show its pop-up window and it would never go away. Really bad. I did a complete reset of the PS5 and I swear its more glitchy then ever.
Had the same issues on the PC version. couldn't get the cables to activate next step in quest. Had to restart and go in sequential steps that the game wanted.

Next Gen update for PS5 and Series X "We’re aiming for the second half of the year".

Roadmap graphic makes it look like squarely in Fall.

There are only a couple quests in the game that are that problematic. That being one of them.

cyberpunk is in sale at Best Buy for $30 for PS5 and Xbox 360 copies.

After watching this, quite frankly, i'm kinda sad i didn't just return this piece of shit. I don't see how this can be fixed.

That video and its author are quite clever, and I agree with him on most every point -- Except a big, huge, summary point. And that is, that IMO the game is actually quite fun, and has a serious hook. I have over 100 hours in the game already. Do you know how many games I've put over 100 hours in? Probably less than 10 in over 30 years of gaming. CyberPunk has a hook. If that hook doesn't catch you, fine, move on to a title that does, or come back to Cyberpunk in a year.
For my part, I'm quite enjoying the game. I even dreamed about it last night. I look forward to playing it in the evening each night after work.

Full disclosure. It's MUCH better on PC. I bought it on Xbox Series X and returned it. I figured I'd wait six months and buy it again if they fixed it. The hook got me, and in 3 days I purchased it again on PC. I played it 50% of the way through on a 1080TI. Then I got a 3080 in, and am finishing it on that. 3080 IS the way to play this game. RTX on Psycho. It looks SOOOOO much better than the launch console version. However, interestingly enough - where I was thinking my aim just sucks sooo bad on the scripted car chase scenes on the console, when I got to PC, some of the mystique was gone - because with a PC I can aim perfectly and headshot after headshot on those pursuing drivers did NOTHING until their car/motorcycle was scripted to crash. That is pretty lame. On console you just think it's because your aim is sooo poor, on PC you realize how the sausage is made, and they could have done that better!

Last edited:
If you have a Series X or PS5 I would just wait until the end of the year when the "next gen" upgrade is supposed to come out.

Well I found a PS4 CE version of the game, but not going to play that b4 I get a PS5 and they fix the game. Which by how things are going currently might get patched b4 consoles actually show up.

They should have just released the PC version alone. Then months down the road release it for PS5/Xbox Series S/X only. Forget about previous gen consoles.

They should have just released the PC version alone. Then months down the road release it for PS5/Xbox Series S/X only. Forget about previous gen consoles.
Nah, then spoilers would be everywhere and no one would still feel the day one fear of missing out by then. That's bad for business.

Nah, then spoilers would be everywhere and no one would still feel the day one fear of missing out by then. That's bad for business.
I don't know anything about the game, other than it was supposed to be good, but apparently it isn't. Spoilers aren't really hard to avoid.

I never bought the game but I’m considering it now for ps5

I never bought the game but I’m considering it now for ps5
Personally, I would wait for the next gen upgrade for PS5. Currently, its the last gen code on PS5, run via backwards compatibility patch. There isn't an actual PS5 version of the game, yet.

Personally, I would wait for the next gen upgrade for PS5. Currently, its the last gen code on PS5, run via backwards compatibility patch. There isn't an actual PS5 version of the game, yet.
Ah, thanks for the heads up. I’ll wait until they get that situated

I haven't played Cyberpunk yet (waiting a year and several patches as well as a $20 price :)) and nothing has been ruined for me yet. However since the release of Cyberpunk my favorite category of videos to watch on YouTube has changed to glitch compilation videos from the game. :ROFLMAO:

Some of them are hilarious. This video is long at 40+ minutes but my god if I didn't laugh out loud a bunch at some of those clips.

Ah, thanks for the heads up. I’ll wait until they get that situated
If you're out of game to play like me, not sure if the wait will be worth it. I'm guessing 2022 before that update happens.

I haven't played Cyberpunk yet (waiting a year and several patches as well as a $20 price :)) and nothing has been ruined for me yet. However since the release of Cyberpunk my favorite category of videos to watch on YouTube has changed to glitch compilation videos from the game. :ROFLMAO:

Some of them are hilarious. This video is long at 40+ minutes but my god if I didn't laugh out loud a bunch at some of those clips.

Same here; waiting for it to be fully patched/updated and $30 or less and haven't seen any spoilers really. I only know the game really starts when you meet Keanu/Silverhand and that's about it. Been loving the glitch complilation vids as well! Maybe by then I'll be able to replace my 2080 with a 3080 or higher too. I've pretty much gave up on GPU upgrades for now though and have fell back to my PS5 for most of my gaming lately with all the decent games they been giving away on PS+.

If you're out of game to play like me, not sure if the wait will be worth it. I'm guessing 2022 before that update happens.
Mlb the show 21 goes live Friday at 12am, I’ll be playing that faithfully for months anyways. That’s all I’ve been playing really and the reason why I sold my pc. I just didn’t use it and I’m happy with the ps5 performance

With the release of patch 1.23, the game has returned to PlayStation consoles. The game comes with a new warning about game performance and gameplay experience differences if played on the PlayStation 4, though. Crowd density and other things have been severely reduced on the Gen 8 consoles.

I wonder if they have the same notice on the Xbone's page description. I imagine the game still runs worse and/or looks worse on the base Xbone compared to the base PS4.

I wonder if they have the same notice on the Xbone's page description. I imagine the game still runs worse and/or looks worse on the base Xbone compared to the base PS4.
Apparently the game shows the warning when run on an original Xbox One or Xbox One S. I have not looked at the store page, yet.

Looks to be zero visual improvement. And all of the performance improvement seems to come simply from more aggressive LoD, for more pop-in. In scenes where they seemingly weren't willing to make sacrifices with LoD---performance is practically the same.

Looks to be zero visual improvement. And all of the performance improvement seems to come simply from more aggressive LoD, for more pop-in. In scenes where they seemingly weren't willing to make sacrifices with LoD---performance is practically the same.
Waiting on returnal sale and then battlefield will be out. I didn't think i was going to wait till 2022 for the ps5 version but at this point, i think i might.

PS5 and Xbox Series X versions further delayed to Q1 2022. At this point, I expect another delay and finally a release in late summer.

Regardless, this means they will have taken over an extra year, to get the next-gen console versions shipped.

PS5 and Xbox Series X versions further delayed to Q1 2022. At this point, I expect another delay and finally a release in late summer.

Regardless, this means they will have taken over an extra year, to get the next-gen console versions shipped.

Pretty crazy.. I just bought it last week for $10 on PS4 just to get the free PS5 upgrade when it finally drops. I would prefer to play it on PC, but for $10 I doubt it'll be any cheaper than that anytime soon on any other platform. This seems like it would be better suited to play from the couch as well. Good thing there's no shortage of good/better games to play in the mean time.

Board members still made a nice $6million bonus each this year I think. Everything that happened could still obviously temper the hype for their next title.

Pretty crazy.. I just bought it last week for $10 on PS4 just to get the free PS5 upgrade when it finally drops. I would prefer to play it on PC, but for $10 I doubt it'll be any cheaper than that anytime soon on any other platform. This seems like it would be better suited to play from the couch as well. Good thing there's no shortage of good/better games to play in the mean time.

Seeing as you had to pay $10 for it, the PS5 upgrade wasn't free. Inexpensive sure, but certainly not free.

Seeing as you had to pay $10 for it, the PS5 upgrade wasn't free. Inexpensive sure, but certainly not free.
Yes, I essentially paid $10 for the PS5 version when it releases. But it's easily debatable as to whether the upgrade is free though, considering many other game publishers charge an additional upgrade fee for their next gen ports and that is not the case here.

Regardless, I don't think arguing this small point is contributing much to the topic of the thread, which is generally about how much of a shit-show this game has been since launch, esp. on consoles. Apparently next gen ports are not much better still given they had to delay it well over a year after its launch.

Back