Cyberpunk is Available - Lets share how your GPU/CPU is performing

i7 4770 + 5700xt at 1440p

Ran fine but I had to remove the undervolt and power limit on the card. I'd say 45-60 with mostly ultra and some key settings reduced. I started out as a nomad though and put the game down till I can upgrade (most likely 5950x + 3080 ti if it comes out) and play with some patches released. Don't want to ruin the experience. Ray tracing seems to add a lot to the game. This means that was performance outside the city and that mission with the kidnapped woman (ran well.)

I dropped to 1080p Med and now it's locked to 60fps and I can't seem to unlock it .

Last edited:
Maximum FPS should be set to off in the game settings. If you need a frame limiter, use the Nvidia settings or AMD Chill.

I dropped to 1080p Med and now it's locked to 60fps and I can't seem to unlock it .

This reminded me.

I've noticed that the main function of Depth of Field in this game seems to be to remove shimmering from distant textures brought on from whatever the hell they're doing that makes those pixels dance on every reflection. For that reason alone I reccomend leaving it on, its suble otherwise.

I've done a bit of testing on this. I'm still gathering data.

Ryzen 9 3950X (PB2, AutoOC) w/ RTX 2080 Ti @ 3440x1440 runs at about 45FPS using the Ray Tracing Ultra preset with DLSS set to quality.
Ryzen 9 3950X (PB2, AutoOC) w/ RTX 3090 FE @ 3840x2160 runs at about 45FPS using the Ray Tracing Ultra preset with DLSS set to quality.
Ryzen 9 3950X (PB2, AutoOC) w/ RTX 3090 FE @ 3840x2160 runs at about 55FPS using the Ray Tracing Ultra preset with DLSS set to performance.
Intel Core i9 10900K (Stock clocks) w/ RTX 3090 FE @ 3840x2160 runs at about 58FPS using the Ray Tracing Ultra preset with DLSS set to quality.
Intel Core i9 10900K (Stock clocks) w/ RTX 2080 Super @ 1920x1080 averages 124FPS. When overclocked to 5.1GHz, it averaged 119. This was using the low preset.
Intel Core i9 10900K (Stock clocks) w/ RTX 2080 Super @ 3840x2160 using the Ray Tracing Ultra preset with DLSS set to quality wasn't playable at all. It got low single digit FPS.

I am unsure why the Core i9 10900K is so much faster in this game. It shouldn't be. Especially not at 4K where I should be almost entirely GPU bound. I know there is a slight hit for HDR, but that's the main difference between the 10900K and the 3950X test setup as the GPU is the same. The Intel system was connected to a display without HDR support.
Which version? 1.05 made significant changes. E.g : AVX was removed, thread balancing was fixed, memory stuff was fixed(1.06 improved on this)

Which version? 1.05 made significant changes. E.g : AVX was removed, thread balancing was fixed, memory stuff was fixed(1.06 improved on this)

AVX was never used, it was compiled with the flag set to required which caused it to quit on non AVX CPUs.
They changed the flag.

Maximum FPS should be set to off in the game settings. If you need a frame limiter, use the Nvidia settings or AMD Chill.
Why is that? I think i have mine set at 97 (one below my frequency for 10bit color). I guess I don't need it anyway, never come close to my monitors fresh rate in that game... lol.

AVX was never used, it was compiled with the flag set to required which caused it to quit on non AVX CPUs.
They changed the flag.
AVX was used. Pre 1.05 hot fix processor temps were higher and offsets were applied on intel. Surprised they removed it.

Yeah, I thought maybe 1.06 was a little smoother, but it could just be placebo. Didn't do any serious benchmarking.

Appreciate the thread. I refunded. Will re-buy when I step-up to a 3080 in a few months. I imagine the game will be in a much better state by then. Not sure how prevalent the corrupt save game file issue was but that's a deal breaker for me. It's so rare that I get time to game anymore that starting over is no-go for me.

They fixed the save game corruption issue already.

I'm enjoying the game, but waiting a month or two probably isn't a horrible decision.

Glad to see they fixed the save corruption issue quickly, but I am going to wait a bit longer to play it until they file the rough edges off the game so I can enjoy it.

There are many other settings that can be applied even if Radeon can not do DLSS or RT .. With - in the driver I have Image Sharpening set to 80% and Surface Format Optimization enabled.. also Samsung Magic Bright Dynamic Contrast running before any game settings are applied with the 20 . 12 . 1 driver

Glad to see they fixed the save corruption issue quickly, but I am going to wait a bit longer to play it until they file the rough edges off the game so I can enjoy it.
While there are some bugs in the game, for me it is playing much better now than on release day. The main issues for me now are the very infrequent floating objects. I'm overall very happy with the game. I have not enjoyed a game this much for several years. I'm on my second play through.

This game is amazing, first game I can clearly say raytracing adds to and looks great.

4k ultra/med ray tracing/balanced DLSS. Looks and runs fantastic on a 3080.

Yeah, the game is amazing on a high end PC. I would even go as far to say best game ever.

I haven't even beat it yet, I'm going for 100%, and I'm 90 hours in so far.

Yeah, the game is amazing on a high end PC. I would even go as far to say best game ever.

This is the first game in a long time where I cannot stop playing it. The story is beyond compelling. It pulls you in.

The sad part is that people will go in and play the main quest and then decide if they like the game or not... this game is NOT the main quest. It's all of the gigs and side-quests. The side-quests are incredible. The detail, the acting, the issues they tackle are just... unreal.

I know that CP2077 is a buggy mess, but they have crafted a masterpiece in storytelling. They should have waited another 6 months so they could truly squash all the little bugs. If they had done that, every reviewer would have given this game a 10/10. It's that good.

I want DLC. I want a CP2078. I want more... and I'm not even done with it yet.

Oh... and Ray Tracing is very pretty.

I think I will wait until game is fixed and ready to play:

Hotfix 1.05 is now live!​
Here is the full list of changes:​
Quests
  • Jackie will no longer disappear in The Pickup or The Heist.
  • Fixed an issue preventing players from landing the helicopter in Love like Fire.
  • Fixed an issue with Takemura not calling in Play it Safe.
  • It's no longer possible to trigger the same dialogue twice in Big in Japan.
  • Fixed an issue with Delamain appearing upside down at the end of Don't Lose Your Mind.
  • Saul now correctly reaches the van in Riders on the Storm.
  • Fast travelling before the encounter with Tyger Claws no longer breaks progression in I Fought the Law.
  • Fixed an issue blocking progress in Ghost Town if an autosave made upon Raffen Shiv's arrival was loaded.
  • Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages if Happy Together failed as a result of combat.
  • Elizabeth Peralez stops being excessively insistent with her calls after her job offer is refused.
  • The scene with Misty and Jackie now starts properly after leaving Viktor's clinic.
  • Wakako's dialogues no longer get blocked after finishing Search and Destroy.
  • Walking away from Stefan in Sweet Dreams shouldn't prevent other characters from calling you anymore.
  • Brick’s detonator should now be properly interactable for players to disarm. Or set off. Your call.
  • Elevator doors should now correctly open in The Heist.
  • Saul now correctly gets out of cars in Riders on the Storm.
  • Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after running too far away from Frank in War Pigs.
  • Jackie now correctly leaves the factory after the combat is finished in The Pickup.
  • Fixed an issue with Militech reinforcements not spawning if driving through the gate too fast in Forward to Death.
  • Skipping time while in the club in Violence no longer results in issues with progression.
  • Fixed issues with starting Gig: Getting Warmer...
  • Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after Pyramid Song has been abandoned midway.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Delamain core could be already broken when player enters the Core room in Don't Lose Your Mind.
  • Fixed issues with Delamain not appearing or doing nothing outside the Afterlife in The Heist.
  • Fixed an issue with objective getting stuck on "Talk to Viktor" in The Ripperdoc.
  • Fixed an issue whereby it was impossible to talk to the bouncer in front of Lizzie's in The Information.
  • Added description for Don't Lose Your Mind in the Journal.
  • Fixed an issue preventing player from saving, using fast travels, and talking to other NPCs after reloading a save with an active call with Frank in War Pigs.
  • Fixed an issue with Panam not calling about any other matter until I'll Fly Away is completed.
  • Fixed an issue with Dum Dum following V after The Pickup is finished.
Gameplay
  • Improved the reaction times of NPCs taking cover.
  • Corrected the number of shots needed to kill civilians from a distance while in combat.
Visual
  • Fixed an issue with Delamain's image displayed on top of the current caller during phone calls.
  • V's mouth doesn't stay open after entering the space lock in Where is My Mind.
  • Fixed some UI overlap issues.
  • V appears more modest in the inventory preview after the half year montage ;)
  • NPCs are faster to appear in the quest area during Stadium Love.
  • Added some warmth to HDR.
  • Fixed T-posing NPCs in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Just Say No and Gig: Hot Merchandise.
  • Fixed an issue whereby after a braindance it was possible to be stuck in 3rd person view with no head.
  • Silencer icons are no longer displayed with no image in the inventory.
UI
  • Fixed an issue with weapon crosshair persisting on screen.
  • The inventory menu no longer closes immediately after opening it for the first time after leaving a car.
  • Fixed an issue whereby upon accessing a fast travel terminal the button shown on the top right corner prompting to open the quest journal would not work.
Performance & Stability
  • Multiple stability improvements, including crash fixes.
Miscellaneous
  • Offscreen explosions make noise now.
PC-specific
  • [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
  • Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
  • Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
  • Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
  • Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
  • Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
  • Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

This is the first game in a long time where I cannot stop playing it. The story is beyond compelling. It pulls you in.
Yeah, when the game released I pulled a few all-nighters just to continue playing cause it was that good.

I think the people hating on it probably just did the main story and didn't explore enough for the side-quests.

There are some incredible moments in this game, but you'll miss them if you don't just drive around and find random events.

Won't give any spoilers but some of those quests are just insane in the acting, mature content (and I don't mean the sex scenes, but that too), and just the richness of the world.

Yeah, they needed 6 more months to finish the game, but I'm sure they will do that now and have a game of the year edition with all bugs squashed. But even in the current state, it's amazing.

Last edited:

I agree for the most part with what you and madpistol are saying but not the best game ever. That would go to Half-Life 2 in my book. That game rocked my world when it came out. Cyberpunk 2077 is probably in my top 5 though. Other games I put in the same category include Bioshock, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and System Shock 2. I love the world and story telling in Cyberpunk 2077. Another plus is it also looks amazing with a higher end PC. I really think this game would have received many more higher reviews if it wasn't so buggy. The bugs do not bother me too much. I'm taking much more time in my second play through to do more gigs and side quests. I did quite a few on my first play through (which I did in about 50 hours).

I'm using a 9900k and a 2060 super that I have right now until I can get a hold of a high-end card like a 3080 TI down the road. The 2060 super actually does pretty good at 1440p on the ultra preset and dlss on quality maintaining pretty much 60 FPS. Of course that's without ray tracing...

Yeah, when the game released I pulled a few all-nighters just to continue playing cause it was that good.

I think the people hating on it probably just did the main story and didn't explore enough for the side-quests.

There are some incredible moments in this game, but you'll miss them if you don't just drive around and find random events.

Won't give any spoilers but some of those quests are just insane in the acting, mature content (and I don't mean the sex scenes, but that too), and just the richness of the world.

Yeah, they needed 6 more months to finish the game, but I'm sure they will do that now and have a game of the year edition with all bugs squashed. But even in the current state, it's amazing.
I'd agree, the game does NOT beat Witcher III for me though, but so far it's in my top 10 list for sure. I'm still playing through the main story, but trying to do all the side quests at the same time too as I level up. There are some minor bugs, but I have not hit anything major yet. I'm sure a bunch of the gripe is with the shitty performance more than anything.... but maxed out it does look damn good.

I went to play BFV the other day, and holy shit does 120 FPS feel so damn fast after playing CP2077 at 35~45 FPS for 2 weeks... LOL.

My 1080TI on a 4k monitor gets average 20-25 FPS at ultra. I will revisit the game when I eventually get a 6900xt. That will most likely be late spring/early summer. I will wait.

Not sure how many of you have found this tweak yet, but it made a huge difference for me. It looks the same as psycho RT as far as I can tell after testing tonight, but performs way better with less FPS dips too.

For reference, to run psycho RT on my 2080Ti at 4k, I have to use performance DLSS and I get about 35~45 FPS average depending on location.... NOW, using this "mode", I can use Balanced DLSS (which looks more crisp) at 4k and get the same average frames as before! Plus, it looks just as good, if not slightly better. I honestly can't tell, but the extra frames are worth it for sure too!

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-cinematic-rtx-mode/

"Turning this on apparently improves level of detail settings, lighting, and ambient occlusion at the cost of 2GB more VRAM usage compared to the highest in-game settings."

Yet somehow, way more frames!!!

Not sure how many of you have found this tweak yet, but it made a huge difference for me. It looks the same as psycho RT as far as I can tell after testing tonight, but performs way better with less FPS dips too.

For reference, to run psycho RT on my 2080Ti at 4k, I have to use performance DLSS and I get about 35~45 FPS average depending on location.... NOW, using this "mode", I can use Balanced DLSS (which looks more crisp) at 4k and get the same average frames as before! Plus, it looks just as good, if not slightly better. I honestly can't tell, but the extra frames are worth it for sure too!

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-cinematic-rtx-mode/

"Turning this on apparently improves level of detail settings, lighting, and ambient occlusion at the cost of 2GB more VRAM usage compared to the highest in-game settings."

Yet somehow, way more frames!!!

Thanks for this. I'll give it a try.

EDIT: Tried it.

I told GPU-Z to show me the most VRAM used by the game and after using those parameters to start the game it ended up being about 12GB of VRAM.

1609226712401.png

Last edited:
I wonder if this is the reason for low frames, lots of pci-e transfers... something to test
Thanks for this. I'll give it a try.

EDIT: Tried it.

I told GPU-Z to show me the most VRAM used by the game and after using those parameters to start the game it ended up being about 12GB of VRAM.

View attachment 313738

My 1080TI on a 4k monitor gets average 20-25 FPS at ultra. I will revisit the game when I eventually get a 6900xt. That will most likely be late spring/early summer. I will wait.
Try these settings. I’m at 3440x1440 on a 1080ti and average mid 40s to low 50s. With Gsync it’s perfectly playable and quite smooth - even while driving 180KPH on Jackie’s motorcycle or in gun fights. I might dip at worst into the high 30s. But it doesn’t drop out of Gsync range and feels smooth.

This from Digital Foundry’s optimization guide: Set preset to high, then change the following.
Cascaded shadows: medium
Volumetric fog: 1440p high, 4k medium
Volumetric cloud qual: medium
Screen space reflection: low
Ambient occlusion: low
Color precision: medium
Mirror quality: high or medium depends on resolution.

Have played a few hours so far, on main rig it's running really smoothly at 1080p ultra preset with RT psycho and DLSS quality. On my laptop in sig, I'm running 1080p RT ultra preset with DLSS performance, also runs smoothly. I don't have an FPS counter on in either, just judging by enjoyment of the game and how it feels on each system. Pretty happy with the laptop considering it's pretty hard to see the difference in quality to my main rig given it's only on a 14" screen. If I drop to DLSS balanced I can start to feel it in smoothness but can't really see the difference. I was unsure the 2060 max-q would be able to handle ray tracing at all in this, but the magic of DLSS lets me crank it up pretty high. I haven't done any of the 'fixes', just running it out of the box on the 460.79 drivers (both systems).

Last edited:
So I beat the game on mostly ultra full rt settings and dlss performance (around 50 - 60 fps), and I decided to try to see if I could go for high refresh (my monitor is 160Hz).

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get above 100 fps. Even on absolute lowest settings, DLSS on ultra performance, it's only in the 90 fps range, maybe 100 in an empty scene.

Seems to be a CPU limit, my GPU is pegged between 50 - 60%, which is disappointing. And the game looks like crap without all the effects, and performance is not drastically better.

I have a 8700K, which is usually alright for most games. Does anyone have a newer/higher-core CPU and can get above 100 fps?

For fun I just loaded up Doom Eternal and I felt like I got cybereyes seeing how fast is was at 160 fps. LOL.

So I beat the game on mostly ultra full rt settings and dlss performance (around 50 - 60 fps), and I decided to try to see if I could go for high refresh (my monitor is 160Hz).

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get above 100 fps. Even on absolute lowest settings, DLSS on ultra performance, it's only in the 90 fps range, maybe 100 in an empty scene.

Seems to be a CPU limit, my GPU is pegged between 50 - 60%, which is disappointing. And the game looks like crap without all the effects, and performance is not drastically better.

I have a 8700K, which is usually alright for most games. Does anyone have a newer/higher-core CPU and can get above 100 fps?

For fun I just loaded up Doom Eternal and I felt like I got cybereyes seeing how fast is was at 160 fps. LOL.
I played the main quests with RT med/ high settings DLSS balanced and got around 60-70 on average. I then turned RT off and DLSS to quality and often I can hit my monitors 120Hz refresh rate cap (using GSYNC). On average it would hover around 90-110FPS.

This was @ 1440 ultrawide. I also went from averaging 80FPS in Warzone to 120 basically all the time from upgrading from a 2600x to a 5900x.

EDIT: Unless the game gets some more optimizing I prefer playing with RT off. The performance gain alone is worth it and IMO the game still looks awesome.

Back