Cyberpunk is Available - Lets share how your GPU/CPU is performing

2080ti can do 4k w/ medium RT preset and DLSS balanced. At 1440 i'd be able to crank up to DLSS quality no problem. 2080ti/3070 are basically the same outside of the VRAM. You wouldn't have enough VRAM for 4k though. I'm seeing upwards of 9GB at 4k.
Noted. I have zero, absolutely ZERO desire to go to 4k. I would like to bump to 1440 though. Last night NewEgg had a 30X0 drop and the 3080 bumped up in price by like $30 or $40 in the 5m I spent hitting refresh. Thinking perhaps open my sights on a 3070. /shrug

Thanks man.

2080ti can do 4k w/ medium RT preset and DLSS balanced. At 1440 i'd be able to crank up to DLSS quality no problem. 2080ti/3070 are basically the same outside of the VRAM. You wouldn't have enough VRAM for 4k though. I'm seeing upwards of 9GB at 4k.
I believe 4K at Balanced DLSS is the same render resolution as 2K at Quality DLSS (at least I get the same exact FPS when I try it on my monitors). It is very much playable at 4K with RT Lighting at Medium, I get about 40 FPS average (which would be horrible in most FPS games). Using HD10 really makes the lighting pop too! With gsync, this FPS hit has proven to be worth it for the RT in this game. Without it, the game is kind of bland graphics wise IMO. But the RT and lighting is really nice.

I believe 4K at Balanced DLSS is the same render resolution as 2K at Quality DLSS (at least I get the same exact FPS when I try it on my monitors). It is very much playable at 4K with RT Lighting at Medium, I get about 40 FPS average (which would be horrible in most FPS games). Using HD10 really makes the lighting pop too! With gsync, this FPS hit has proven to be worth it for the RT in this game. Without it, the game is kind of bland graphics wise IMO. But the RT and lighting is really nice.
Switching between HDR and SDR just to see the difference.. The game really doesn't look good in SDR IMO. Some games do SDR tone mapping better (RDR2), this one doesn't. If my HDR panel broke I wouldn't touch this game, the difference is that large. It's like going from an 8-bit color CRT back in the day to a 16-bit one.

Switching between HDR and SDR just to see the difference.. The game really doesn't look good in SDR IMO. Some games do SDR tone mapping better (RDR2), this one doesn't. If my HDR panel broke I wouldn't touch this game, the difference is that large. It's like going from an 8-bit color CRT back in the day to a 16-bit one.
HDR is broken.
From user reports the latest driver has elevated black levels which ruins it.
There might even be an HDR problem with the game as well.

For now I prefer SDR but am trying not to play it until HDR is fixed.

HDR is broken.

I’ve seen this reported and I am not seeing it on my setup. SDR looks worse in every way. It may only be for people using HDMI output, because on my X27 my black levels are fine.

I’ve seen this reported and I am not seeing it on my setup. SDR looks worse in every way. It may only be for people using HDMI output, because on my X27 my black levels are fine.
Looks like crap over DP for me.
A few people have reported no problems but there are a lot of people getting elevated black levels.
Someone made a review covering the issue (dunno where tho), they blamed the game before it was known the driver has a problem.

Been curious about this myself. I have a 6800 in hand but haven't installed it yet. Wondering how raytracing will perform once they implement it.

Looks like crap over DP for me.
A few people have reported no problems but there are a lot of people getting elevated black levels.
Someone made a review covering the issue (dunno where tho), they blamed the game before it was known the driver has a problem.

The second to latest game ready driver has working HDR/proper black levels and runs the game fine for me. Honestly noticed no performance difference vs the cyberpunk “optimized” driver.

Crappy cell phone pic, but HDR looks fine to me on my ASUS PG27UQ monitor. 4k, medium RT lighting, all else maxed out on balanced DLSS. Blacks seem fine to me in game when playing, so I dunno. Only time black looks too bright is when the scene changes and the screen should be black, but looks like a dark grey instead. But playing? HDR on looks waaaayyy better than SDR without question for me.

20201215_131017.jpg

Crappy cell phone pic, but HDR looks fine to me on my ASUS PG27UQ monitor. 4k, medium RT lighting, all else maxed out on balanced DLSS. Blacks seem fine to me in game when playing, so I dunno. Only time black looks too bright is when the scene changes and the screen should be black, but looks like a dark grey instead. But playing? HDR on looks waaaayyy better than SDR without question for me.

View attachment 309341

Those transition screens are supposed to be grey I’m pretty sure ... at least they stayed grey when I tested SDR mode. The elevated black level with the latest drivers is hard to notice, I didn’t until I noticed I could see the edge of my black desktop background against the bezel on my OLED where normally it’d be invisible. HDR definitely looks better overall though either way.

I'm pretty unhappy with how the game performs. Things look stunning in stills, but performance is kinda choppy. With DLSS on, it always looks like there's a little line in the world blurring everything about 10 feet in front of me. Even with "Quality." With it off, performance is horrible at 4K. The steam/fog/smoke effects everywhere are also notorious for making things look choppy. I can turn it down to low to alleviate some of the issues, but it's still not quite smooth regardless of the other settings. Things will look mostly good and run well one minute, but then things will bog down with a bunch of steam everywhere. Either that of that little DLSS blur line makes the ground look like it's moving.
I've been half tempted to just crank everything up and settle for 30fps...which pains me to do. At least it's pretty smooth, though.

Those transition screens are supposed to be grey I’m pretty sure ... at least they stayed grey when I tested SDR mode. The elevated black level with the latest drivers is hard to notice, I didn’t until I noticed I could see the edge of my black desktop background against the bezel on my OLED where normally it’d be invisible. HDR definitely looks better overall though either way.
Well, looks like in the latest nvidia drivers; they have acknowledged it now... Can't say I ever noticed though... would probably still look worse not using HDR in most the games I play. I'll have to test myself with a black background later tonight to see if I can tell.

"[HDR]: With HDR enabled, black levels are incorrect. [200682795]"

I haven't upgraded in a while for my main game PC. (well, relatively anyway)

Running a i7 9700 (stock) 16GB and an RTX2070 Super. Clean Windows build, all SSD storage, and latest (Cyberpunk release) NV driver.

I play everything at 1080 (even on 4K displays). I just prefer frame rate and eye candy to image-quality settings. Always have.

I'm running 1080, Ultra RTX settings, DLSS on Auto, VSync 60 on, (for my desktop monitor, not the TV) and I decreased AA, AO, and a couple of other very specific settings (though I'm not in front of my PC right now to say what else).

I don't know what the down-scaled DLSS resolution for 1080 is, but it's gotta be a joke :D However, in motion, the game is still looking VERY nice, and just from a visual point of view from my trained eyes, looks like it's not dropping below sync (60). I'm VERY happy with it.

I do plan to upgrade to an RTX 3070 or 3080 once prices are ungouged, and maybe a new CPU/MB, so we'll see what kind of improvements it gets when I do that. I'll probably try some other resolutions on the 87" 4K TV after that as well. For now, just playing at my desk on an old 24" monitor, so in that context it looks as good as any other recent game at the settings I'm running now. I'll grab a screenshot when I'm in front of it again.

No game menu screens are NOT supposed to be grey. I noticed the change immediately because when I updated to the latest drivers it changed. They will stay grey if you leave HDR mode on in windows because once HDR mode breaks by running something with HDR, it stays elevated. The Nvidia drivers ARE BROKEN in HDR.

Nvidia just released another 460 series driver, and it's still broken too, as III_Slyflyer_III said.

Go back to 457.51 if you use HDR at all for games or otherwise, or if you are experiencing the CX flickering or corrupting until you restart your system once. It'll fix either of these issues.

No game menu screens are NOT supposed to be grey. I noticed the change immediately because when I updated to the latest drivers it changed. They will stay grey if you leave HDR mode on in windows because once HDR mode breaks by running something with HDR, it stays elevated. The Nvidia drivers ARE BROKEN in HDR.

Nvidia just released another 460 series driver, and it's still broken too, as III_Slyflyer_III said.

Go back to 457.51 if you use HDR at all for games or otherwise, or if you are experiencing the CX flickering or corrupting until you restart your system once. It'll fix either of these issues.
See, mine aren't grey with the latest driver, and all my other games HDR black levels are still as they were as well (Like Valhalla).

1080p highest in game settings that it allows on all available settings .. I just got into the city is all but game "feels" smooth .. no lag or stutters or the like but I don't have actual FPS numbers (at work)

3800xt, 5700xt, 2 x 16GB 3600 CAS 16 w/1:1 fclk, game installed on a PCIe 4.0 NVMe drive.

I was running VSR 1440p on my 'gaming' monitor and thought that that was what CyberPunk was running at .. but it actually set itself to monitor's actual 1080p res .. I'm going to try 1440p and mess with settings and see how it does and chime back in when I get more time.

I am cruising along at 1440p, everything max (except I think I turned down Cascade Shadows to Medium, and turned off chromatic/motion blur/that shit), DLSS Quality. Might drop below 60 sometimes but it's not been terribly noticeable so far. Fully playable at these settings.

HDR is broken.

This is absolutely true, both 460.89 and 460.79 introduced an issue with elevated blacks in HDR. Games look like shit right now with it on for me. I am playing on 457.51 right now. To your point about cyberpunk specific HDR issues, from what I can tell they are using some sort of faux hdr conversion that makes it very difficult to dial in right as the adjustment tool is beyond useless.

Last edited:
What is your display setup and settings?

Just to verify I wasn't crazy I flipped between both driver versions and took pictures with my camera. No difference.

The new Nvidia drivers are broken in HDR, but the game HDR is also broken even using the older ones. You can easily see the driver level issue if you use an OLED with a black desktop background and always use Windows HDR mode with SDR conversion. The bezel-display line becomes slightly visible where normally you can’t easily tell exactly where the edge is. I’m not sure the difference would be easily visible on an LCD.

The game is broken in its own way though and is actually much worse. Black levels are set terribly, darkest it will go using any reasonable settings makes the TV look like a giant 700:1 IPS glowing away and there’s really ugly color banding everywhere in dark scenes. Too bad because it looks much nicer in brighter areas. SDR looks flat and lifeless in comparison yet has much better contrast at night, and no distracting banding.

The new Nvidia drivers are broken in HDR, but the game HDR is also broken even using the older ones. You can easily see the driver level issue if you use an OLED with a black desktop background and always use Windows HDR mode with SDR conversion. The bezel-display line becomes slightly visible where normally you can’t easily tell exactly where the edge is. I’m not sure the difference would be easily visible on an LCD.

The game is broken in its own way though and is actually much worse. Black levels are set terribly, darkest it will go using any reasonable settings makes the TV look like a giant 700:1 IPS glowing away and there’s really ugly color banding everywhere in dark scenes. Too bad because it looks much nicer in brighter areas. SDR looks flat and lifeless in comparison yet has much better contrast at night, and no distracting banding.
I agree the game doesn't have the best HDR implementation, but SDR looks awful in comparison. They did not do a good job with the tone mapping in this game in general, so you really need HDR to allow the lighting to do it's work.

Again, it would be nice for people to report their setups, as i'm not seeing the HDR bug on my X27.

Hows the game on peoples 68/6900xt's?.
I have a 6800xt/3900x system. I play at 1440p everything on ultra .Ill record a quick clip so you can see. Going to use relive so not sure about the actual quality of the video.

So I used the patch available online to fix the threading issues on AMD cpus, and the game runs rock solid now. I used to get dips and never really saw the cpu run over 25% total, but now it's being much more utilized in excess of 50% at times. My frames didn't go up a ton, but the frame times are so much better that it just feels polished and smooth now. Anyone else using the AMD cpu mod? I recommend it. I'm running a 5600x till I can find more cores in stock.

About 30 hours in now and I've switched settings up a bit.

I used that unofficial performance patch to get more threads on my 3900X, huge min fps increase there.

I really hated the ghost trail that was following everything around so I just completely turned off FidelityFX. It did cost me about 10% of my FPS (exactly as expected, as I had it at 90%) but removing those artifacts was WELL worth it for me. They just followed everything and ugh.

Also upped a few settings to remove texture shimmering with higher quality screen space reflections and while I'm only at 45ish fps now, it's a much more visually pleasing and very consistent 45fps when walking around the city. The vast majority of the game is outside of combat anyway and the fps usually goes up when I'm inside where combat normally takes place.

Also if anyone has Chromatic Abberation on for any reason, turn that shit off, it's just AWFUL.

Im supposed to pick up, from snother person, a 6900xt tomorrow. That way I can return this overpriced 3090. So I should be happy with 6900xt in Cyberpunk from what ive heard here.

Im supposed to pick up, from snother person, a 6900xt tomorrow. That way I can return this overpriced 3090. So I should be happy with 6900xt in Cyberpunk from what ive heard here.
I don't think AMD supports RT on CP2077 yet, but you should get good performance with max settings, no RT.

Yeah I dont care about rays right now.
With my 6800xt and all settings on ultra i get in 70 to 80s at 1440p. It looks and plays great with it. I had made a 5 minute clip of gameplay with relive but it looked like absolute shit. The picture was all yellowing when i played it back with vlc.

With my 6800xt and all settings on ultra i get in 70 to 80s at 1440p. It looks and plays great with it. I had made a 5 minute clip of gameplay with relive but it looked like absolute shit. The picture was all yellowing when i played it back with vlc.
Try OBS if you want to share a video. It might work better.

Vanilla 6800 here. Cranked everything on Ultra and didn't even use a FPS counter. It was smooth as butter. I have a 144hz monitor with Freesync enabled. I know the GPU was running hard, Hotspot finally hit 90c.

3950x and RX5700XT here, didn't use the Ryzen SMT hexedit patch. I'm getting 60-70fps using the medium preset and high texture quality @1440p.

Feels smooth enough for the type of game it is, but does feel like a step back performance wise compared to all the +100fps titles I've been playing.

Debating on if I should pick this up now or wait till I am able to get these unavailable parts for a new rig sometime Q1/Q2 next year.

4790k/GTX 980 on a 1440p monitor yay or nay? I've been leaning nay, but not totally sure.

Just got a 6900xt from a private sale local to me. Time to return this bloated, overpriced, nVidia is evil and a bullshit backstabbing dickhead business the way they treated Hardware unboxed, graphics card.

With that off my chest, im excited with the 6900xt because its just as fast for qlmoat a thousand less and I dont care about Rays.

Just got a 6900xt from a private sale local to me. Time to return this bloated, overpriced, nVidia is evil and a bullshit backstabbing dickhead business the way they treated Hardware unboxed, graphics card.

With that off my chest, im excited with the 6900xt because its just as fast for qlmoat a thousand less and I dont care about Rays.

Cool, this has nothing to do with CP2077 performance though.

Specs: 9900K , RTX 3070, 64GB DDR4-3600, NVME SSD

At max settings with psycho ray tracing it’s a literal slide show. 5 FPS...ish. Looks great though.

With Digital Foundry Optimized settings, DLSS performance mode, and Ray Tracing at Ultra, I get 25 to 45 FPS depending on the scene.

My wife’s rig: 3900X, RTX 2080 FE, 32GB DDR4-3600, NVME SSD.

2440x1440 gets 30-50 FPS with high settings, DLSS in balanced mode, Ray Tracing on High.

On a side note: streaming the game to discord murders my FPS but my wife sees no loss. And she won’t stop telling me this LOL

Cool, this has nothing to do with CP2077 performance though.
It absolutely does have to do with thread. I started this thread and we have had several convos about the radeon performance in this game. If you have been keeping up with the thread you would have known the context of my stating the performance is going to be great without rays.

Back