Cyberpunk is Available - Lets share how your GPU/CPU is performing

So, apparently they specifically excluded AMD code paths? Check this out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kbp0np/cyberpunk_2077_seems_to_ignore_smt_and_mostly/

If you apply that change it nets considerable performance gains on Ryzen CPUs according to those that have tried so far.

Apologies if that has been posted here somewhere already, I havent seen if so.
No they didn’t exclude them, it seems the AMD path was/is non-ryzen, which makes sense as Bulldozer was around when they started on the game.

Lowest setting i'll use is balanced. Anything lower looks like garbage IMO, and other settings aren't worth it at that point. Even balanced is pretty on the edge. It looks good most of the time, but there are some times where it's noticeable.

Yeah, the more I play around with the game, the more I think Balanced DLSS at 4K with RT Light Off and Volumetric Clouds Off is better than 4K at Ultra Performance DLSS with everything on Ultra or Psycho.

messed around with the image sharpening feature in the nvidia control panel. game looks stunning maxed out with quality dlss and image sharpening set to 0.50 in nv control panel

1091500_20201212172308_1.png

Ultra performance DLSS looks somewhat blurry, but the boost is from 60 fps to 90 fps, which is significant and worth it for me.

I might try adding a little sharpening, but I'm happy with the settings now. Just nice that ray tracing actually looks decent and the 2080 Ti is still alright.

This was the big game, and it's running fine, so I don't think I will bother upgrading anything (not that I could anyhow).

While not ideal, im currently playing at 4k using balanced DLSS and 30% sharpening in freestyle. Put RT Lighting on medium, all other RT on. Saved a few frames by turning off volumetric clouds and cascade shadow resolution. Its not butter smooth, and only getting 40~45 FPS, but at night, RT lighting at medium vs. off is quite noticeable. Performance DLSS gets me in the mid 50's, but I notice details dropping off some for sure at that setting.

Latest nvidia driver is causing issues with my 1080Ti so I’ve had to refrain from purchasing this game until that gets sorted.

I'm getting high 40's to high 50's on ultra 4k. That's with no DLSS or Ray Tracing. Game is just stunning. absolutely loving the combat and i'm only a few hours in.

Going to give Nvidia and CDProject a few more days to patch things before I keep playing past the intro.

Nvidia killed HDR with the game ready driver. When ANY HDR game launches the black levels come up and turn grey. This includes a black desktop and anything running. If you flip the desktop HDR switch off and back on, it corrects... until you try to launch another HDR game or app... then it's grey again. It's not a small error and blacks are a washed out grey mess. It's already been tested and repeated and posted to Nvidia's forum.

Then there's the game itself. CDProject released a hotfix yesterday fixing a bunch of quest bugs which is good, but still nothing to fix all the floating objects constantly OR the suddenly naked bug.

So I think maybe a few days or a week of putting this game off is a good idea. And maybe rolling back to the previous Nvidia driver which I normally never do but this one is extra screwed up.

I did some more testing.

Now I just set everything to ultra, including all RT effects, and just set DLSS ultra performance, and I'm getting a solid 75 fps.

Looks much better now. First rig in sig.

Does HDR limit to 60 fps? To be honest I am not sure I even like HDR in video games. Reason is that you are rendering a virtual Dynamic Range and its not real. However, with actual cameras shooting actual footage HDR is going to be more realistic.

Does HDR limit to 60 fps? To be honest I am not sure I even like HDR in video games. Reason is that you are rendering a virtual Dynamic Range and its not real. However, with actual cameras shooting actual footage HDR is going to be more realistic.
HDR enables a wider range of colours to be used due to the extra brightness, allowing lighting to look a lot more spectacular.
It doesnt matter what the source is. What you are saying applies to SDR as well if little care is taken producing the image.
Unfortunately HDR is broken in the driver and maybe the game as well, all brightness levels are elevated including black.
We wont know which until one of them fixes it.

Last edited:
So, apparently they specifically excluded AMD code paths? Check this out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kbp0np/cyberpunk_2077_seems_to_ignore_smt_and_mostly/

If you apply that change it nets considerable performance gains on Ryzen CPUs according to those that have tried so far.

So I gave this a try with my 3900X.

The game definitely is using more CPU after doing that "fix." Also my GPU seems to be running a little hotter, weird because it was previously at 100% and pretty toasty - might be residual heat from the CPU recirculating.

Framerate DID seem smoother though. Similar averages but it was mostly a rock steady 50fps. Weirdly enough load times seemed to have increased, not by much, but they're now 10 seconds instead of 4 or 5.

I'm not really seeing a significant difference on my PC running with "Quality" on DLSS. All 12 threads are running the same now on my 5600X and they were not before updating with HxD. I have a 5600X/3060ti and I'm running at 1440p. There is a significant boost at "Balanced" and "Performance" on DLSS. I would say 8 - 10 fps difference on both compared to before updating the executable. I really like running with "Quality" DLSS though. Game looks great. Thanks for the info.

It does not fix the issue.
The fact that this game needs so many fixes, hex hacks, code changes, msi changes etc.... its sad. Game was just not ready man. Im gonna wait a few weeks for a bugfix patch before resuming play. Hdr us messed up, performance is basically stuck within a +/- 5% delta no matter the change etc.... games just kind of a lightweight disaster.

The fact that this game needs so many fixes, hex hacks, code changes, msi changes etc.... its sad. Game was just not ready man. Im gonna wait a few weeks for a bugfix patch before resuming play. Hdr us messed up, performance is basically stuck within a +/- 5% delta no matter the change etc.... games just kind of a lightweight disaster.
The MSI issue is a video driver bug.
His problem isnt with the game.
fyi

It's mostly working for me. HDR is fine, performance (with the help of DLSS) is great. I did notice that the graphics settings (aside from RT) seem to have little affect on performance. So I'm using ultra, which is not much worse than medium (maybe 15 fps delta).

I have seen a few glitches, but they weren't game breaking. Sometimes it switches to 16:9 randomly (like after a cutscene) but I can just pause and unpause the game and it will go to ultrawide. Also seen the physics bugging out, but not a huge deal.

Latest nvidia driver is causing issues with my 1080Ti so I’ve had to refrain from purchasing this game until that gets sorted.
I also have a 1080Ti and I'm doing well on the Cyberpunk drivers but the set of drivers before it totally fucked my system, was getting intermittent driver crashes and total screen blackouts that required a reboot to fix. Made me so glad that I made a keyboard macro for safe shutdown.

I suggest full DDU uninstall and getting those new drivers completely clean. I fucked around my settings so much trying to fix that black screen issue from the last two releases that I actually ended up reinstalling windows. I don't think it'll require something that drastic if you don't fuck around with nvidia inspector as much as I did.

I haven't had many problems with the game itself, honestly. Some jank, and I did have one npc do that T pose. But really, not anywhere near what reviewers were saying. Again - anecdote and sample of one, but still very different than what reviews indicate.

This driver has an issue. For reference, the flickering issue isn't in the game. It's at all times. As I type this, it's happened several times. The msi hack nor clean install have mattered. It's an actual bug, and they need to fix it in the driver. I'll assume we'll see a hotfix in the next couple days. If not, I will probably downgrade and just play Valhalla for awhile until they sort it out.

I also have had very few issues and have been playing the game since Wednesday. I did have some infrequent crashes to desktop initially but not since hotfix 1.04. I have also had npcs walk through people and random floating objects (probably the best one was a car vertical in air in middle of road). In general I think the graphics engine is solid and performance is about what I expected. I have to say that I'm impressed with the load times from SSD. They are fast, a fraction of the time of RDR2. I feel really bad for older console owners. What a shame that they cannot experience this game as we can.

Rig as per sig. No game breaking bugs. Some annoying input shakiness on the mouse occasionally (weird as it is a basilisk ultimate).

With FidelityFX on 75%-100% it averages about 38-52 FPS.

Yeah there is some car weirdness, and some NPCs get stuck in objects (happened twice, killed bad guy, bad guy got stuck in object, saved/loaded game, fixed it)

I have seen games with many more bugs than this though.

Last edited:
I also have a 1080Ti and I'm doing well on the Cyberpunk drivers but the set of drivers before it totally fucked my system, was getting intermittent driver crashes and total screen blackouts that required a reboot to fix. Made me so glad that I made a keyboard macro for safe shutdown.

I suggest full DDU uninstall and getting those new drivers completely clean. I fucked around my settings so much trying to fix that black screen issue from the last two releases that I actually ended up reinstalling windows. I don't think it'll require something that drastic if you don't fuck around with nvidia inspector as much as I did.
I may give that a shot

I also have had very few issues and have been playing the game since Wednesday. I did have some infrequent crashes to desktop initially but not since hotfix 1.04. I have also had npcs walk through people and random floating objects (probably the best one was a car vertical in air in middle of road). In general I think the graphics engine is solid and performance is about what I expected. I have to say that I'm impressed with the load times from SSD. They are fast, a fraction of the time of RDR2. I feel really bad for older console owners. What a shame that they cannot experience this game as we can.
My favorite is driving down the road and seeing a car 1/2 into the ground. No, I'm not talking about like out in the badlands where that is the case for some of the cars off of the road. Cars inside of the asphalt. Also, still getting my character model standing straight up with legs and arms splayed showing above the car while driving sometimes. Quite experience breaking that one! Also, often I cannot loot bots at all, and sometimes the guns that are right there on the ground in front of me cannot be grabbed. The latter two happen a lot and it's quite annoying.

No crashing since 1.04 either.

1607918672236.png

1080p/60 high settings minus motion blur and film effects. a bit glitchy but running ok, one crash so far and this guy didnt count as defeated for some reason.

So I did go back a version and reinstalled 457.51 and not only is the HDR working normally again but other screen flashing and major game issues are gone. Cyberpunk did lose some FPS though so I am definitely going to play something else for a while and give this some time to get fixed.

The only way your HDR can be "fine" on driver 460.79 is if you use the wrong Black Level setting on your set for your Output Dynamic Range setting in the Nvidia CP. If you run "Full" in the Nvidia CP you should be on "High" on the black level on the screen. If your screen is on "Low" instead black WILL look black, but it will be crushed and you'll be seeing way too much black and no detail in dark parts of scenes or inside anything casting deep shadows like folds of clothing.

If you set it correctly (the same as it was in previous drivers where everything was fine) then whenever HDR is on anything near black will be obviously grey and seriously washed-out wrong looking.

The menu on Cyberpunk or a black desktop background makes it super obvious.

Since proper dark scene detail AND bright highlights at the same time is kind of the entire point of HDR... losing the details in dark parts of scenes makes using the mode largely pointless.

I could keep playing in SDR, but the perf loss from the game ready driver and the loss of HDR combined with the other bugs just make me want to wait this out. I'm still very excited to play it, just not yet.

I have not noticed HDR issues in other games I play and I am on the newest set of drivers... is this issues only present in CP2077? I have HDR enabled in CP2077 and did notice "blacks" looked a bit like I was playing on my old 2K monitor without HDR, but the colors everywhere else still looked way better with HDR on. Also, BFV for example, looked the same as it always does with HDR enabled with the latest drivers.

I actually saw no difference with or without RT except massive performance hit so I disabled it.
I see in some reviews out there that there indeed is a difference judging from comparison screenshots, but just not visible difference in my opinion, especially when you're busy doing stuff in the world and not looking specifically for RT effects.
RT still has way to go. Maybe in 2-3 years. It doesn't just need to have no GPU impact but more visual fidelity, if I can't see any difference moving around then probably other people feel the same.

World of Warcraft has abyssmal RT implementation. Half fps for softer shadows, lol. Why even bother with 16 year old game?

I have not noticed HDR issues in other games I play and I am on the newest set of drivers... is this issues only present in CP2077? I have HDR enabled in CP2077 and did notice "blacks" looked a bit like I was playing on my old 2K monitor without HDR, but the colors everywhere else still looked way better with HDR on. Also, BFV for example, looked the same as it always does with HDR enabled with the latest drivers.
I finally just played doom eternal for first time. 1440p @ 240hz with HDR on Samsung Odyssey G7 on 3090 and it pegs it at 240hz and looks amazing in HDR.

Cp2077 though vomit. HDR blows for me.

I finally just played doom eternal for first time. 1440p @ 240hz with HDR on Samsung Odyssey G7 on 3090 and it pegs it at 240hz and looks amazing in HDR.

Cp2077 though vomit. HDR blows for me.
Doom Eternal was a beautiful game graphics wise and also smooth as butter! Was pretty much pegged at 120Hz on my 4k HDR monitor. TBH, I think Doom Eternal looks better than CP2077 in most cases, with the exception of key areas CDPR focused on (like the bars/clubs you progress stories in a lot).

Reactions: noko
like this
Oh its definitely built from, for, and of nvidia

Amd is way down here
Honestly in my professional amateur hardware perspective, cp2077 hits the cpu so softly feel like thats the disaster of this release. They designed the game around then Original ps4 and xbox1 jaguar cpu, and then ported it to pc with raytracing visuals tacked on. If i had too say, i would suspect the game only utilizes 2 threads worth of calls to 100%. On average i see it spaced out over 4 main threads that push around 25% each, with some little wiggles here and there. This is demonstrating the constraints the engine is putting on cpu calls which is like a limiter to performance. Even twice that much availability would only be using 2 full THREADS at 100%.

Considering an average computer for gaming is gonna have at least 3 available full threads (for a 4 core no hyper threading type chip) they don't even come close to using that much.

For more modern configurations, say something with 8 available threads, they use about 12.5% of that available power on average. Its a tragedy when u break down the real numbers for something so highly promoted fo OP r pc, coming from a once pc forward company.

You can see how shareholders and management are shaping game development at cdpr, and on this specific title, its a massive letdown on the cpu side of things.

Last edited:
The current build seems to favor 12t+, and I wonder if there’s a more aggressive DLSS downscale happening that’s being triggered by thread contention.

This game is reminding me a lot more of how a continuously variable transmission runs, than any example architecture in AMD or Intels multi threaded architecture PDFs

I installed the game on my media center PC I use mostly for retro gaming. I haven't used any scaling options yet. I have it installed on a 2nd SSD and luckily doesn't crash. It hits the CPU 70-80% and GPU about 98%

i7-2600
16GB
1050ti 4GB

1080p Medium 25-30fps
900p Medium 45-50fps
720p Low 55-60fps

3070 @ 1440? Anyone with that setup?
2080ti can do 4k w/ medium RT preset and DLSS balanced. At 1440 i'd be able to crank up to DLSS quality no problem. 2080ti/3070 are basically the same outside of the VRAM. You wouldn't have enough VRAM for 4k though. I'm seeing upwards of 9GB at 4k.

Back