Cyberpunk is Available - Lets share how your GPU/CPU is performing

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
I just purchased Cyberpunk on Steam about 10 mins ago.

I am going to start getting all Punked out and Cyber'y in a little while on the RTX 3070.

Lets share how the game is running on your particular GPU.

I am also going to see how it fares on my 5600xt later as well.

Only reason I posted this concerning Cyberpunk was due to its insane popularity among HardForum gaming members.

Other threads have made mention of new nVidia drivers that add DLSS and RTX enhancements. Haven't read up on AMD. Time to download some drivers :)

Girlfriend is sick so I’m at her place, but I can post i9 10900k/RTX 3090/4K results tomorrow afternoon if nobody else does.

I can provide some Ryzen 5950X and RTX 3090 benchmarks this weekend when my GPU arrives. Completely overkill gaming system, but it sounds like CyberPunk 2077 will still bring it to its knees.

I'm downloading now.

can provide 3090 + 8700k at 5Ghz 4K benchmarks when it's done (in 2 hours)

Getting about 47-50 fps on my setup. Running at 1440p on Ryzen 5600X and RTX 3060 Ti. Running at highest settings except Screen Space Reflection Quality which is set at Ultra and Ray-Traced Lighting which is set to Ultra. DLSS is set to Auto. Fun game! Only played about first hour and half. My card is running hot though...

Last edited:
Please post your resolution and settings when you say how the game ran. Note if you have DLSS on or off.

3440x1440 / MAX settings/ DLSS OFF

9900K w/ RTX 3070: slide show. 8-10 FPS in combat in the street. DLSS on Auto and no psycho settings, 25 to 40 FPS.

I’m going to have to cut some settings down to get a locked 30FPS in combat.

Last edited:
Ok ... im running 1440p @ 240hz with DLSS on and HDR and RTX Medium

It seems like im floating between 45 and 70 fps depending.

RTX 3070 - I feel like 3070 is kinda weak or this game or else this game could use some more optimizations. But i've nothing to gauge that against.

Game seems kinda fun so far. Lots of dialogue, quite a bit too much and not enough pew pew so far. Also cartoonish ass graphics. Was hoping for something more sharp and crisp like. More like DeusEx or something.

Ok ... im running 1440p @ 240hz with DLSS on and HDR and RTX Medium

It seems like im floating between 45 and 70 fps depending.

RTX 3070 - I feel like 3070 is kinda weak or this game or else this game could use some more optimizations. But i've nothing to gauge that against.

Game seems kinda fun so far. Lots of dialogue, quite a bit too much and not enough pew pew so far. Also cartoonish ass graphics. Was hoping for something more sharp and crisp like. More like DeusEx or something.

DLSS on what level?

Your FPS is actually really good for a 3070. At 1440P, max settings, DLSS quality, must people are seeing under 50 FPS.

This is a truly next generation game, and the new Crysis. It’s going to take a generation or two of GPUs to run it well.

roommate is playing on a [email protected], 16GB 1866, 5700xt, 1080/high settings was locked at 60fps BUT he was crashing every 10-15 minutes. updated his drivers to yesterdays release and so far hes about 15min in....

Last edited:
just played for an hour straight.

8700k / RTX3090 / 5120 x 1440 res

All settings maxed but Ray tracing on (medium) DLSS ; Performance = 50-70 fps.. Totally playable for me. it's pretty slow paced and cinematic so not having 100+fps is totally fine in this. adding medium motion blur really helps with that I find, you don't notice the loss of frames so much when you move your mouse.

Game just crashed for me.
DLSS on what level?

Your FPS is actually really good for a 3070. At 1440P, max settings, DLSS quality, must people are seeing under 50 FPS.

This is a truly next generation game, and the new Crysis. It’s going to take a generation or two of GPUs to run it well.
I think it is set to AUTO. Also running medium rays. HDR doesn't hit performance I dont think.

a little tip for people running on DLSS performance modes. if things look a little blurry, use Nvidia overlay> add a filter, sharpening, bump that to 80% and ignore film grain @ 100%. Looks much sharper.

Copying myself from a different thread:

Alright, so, first impressions.

Very first impression: This is the first game that I've played that really needs more powerful hardware than my 1080Ti. I booted the game up with the default settings (mostly high or ultra) at 1440p and the fucking game crashed about 10 seconds after character creation because of a mirror. I was getting like 10 FPS before it did so.

I lowered a BUNCH of settings and now I have the game running at around 40-60FPS at 1440p at 80% or so resolution with FidelityFX. It's obviously closer to 1080p than 1440p.

Anyway, even with that "downgrade" and the terribly inconsistent framerate, game looks damn good. I think I might just have to settle for 30FPS 1440p if it can keep it constant, haven't had to run at game at 30FPS in a very long, long while.

I've seen a few bugs, mostly related to clipping and textures being weird as hell - but there wasn't anything game breaking in the 2+ hours i've played. The game itself aside from how hard as fuck it is to run actually seems REALLY well optimized. I haven't seen RAM go over 3GB much at all and the VRAM tends to stick around 6, definitely uses most of my 24 threads, total system usage hovers around 20%, and i still have my background tasks going.

I did get an annoying bug that was enough to make me quit and reload the game, I got a menu popup for installing something that just... wouldn't go away, taking up a bit of screen permanently. Luckily the game loads really damn fast off my SSD + Ramcache so quitting and reloading only takes a few seconds, if there's a way to disable the startup movies it'll probably be even faster. I am still really early though, obviously still in tutorial land.

2080 Ti here. Really slow on default, around 45 fps (not sure why it defaults to ultra).

Changed most settings to medium, but with full RT enabled, DLSS performance, and HDR, at 3440x1440.

Looks like I'm getting at least 60 fps maybe a little more, so it's playable and still looks amazing.

Even on all lowest settings, RT off, I was only getting around 90 fps and it looked last gen and wasn't worth the PQ loss.

Also, game seems pretty solid. Played for like 2 hours.

I played for about 2.5 hours last night. Set up is a Taichi 5700 XT and 3600X. Undervolted to 1120, core clock at 2090, stock mem clock. Cpu I think I OC to 4.1 or so, not sure. Just running auto OC on Strix B450I. On ultra settings, 1440P I was hovering around 45-50FPS. On high settings, 1440P I sit closer to 55-60Fps so far. I loved the look of Ultra but during the driving combat scenes I was dropping down to about 30Fps or so and didn't care for the drops. I also have the film grain, chromatic, and lense flair turned off as well as motion blur turned off. I'm fairly happy with results so far! I might play around with 1080P ultra tonight, see how it looks and what kind of frames I'm getting with that.

Last edited:
So, played a bunch more - way too much more.

Basically I was able to get some settings that worked and are relatively stable at 1440P with my 1080TI, still hovering around 50FPS, but its a steady 50FPS.

The most important fucking thing is turn OFF FidelityFX Dynamic Resolution. It just creates a stuttery mess and does not work well. I set CASFX Static 90% and was able to increase a ton of other settings and have a much, much better framerate now.

Current settings: Game looks damn good even if things aren't maxed out, they also aren't "low." I know I can tweak this some more but I have to pick and choose which ones I want and without a guide I'm not sure exactly what picture quality will happen.

I also noticed that a lot of settings that I expected to be super heavy on my graphics card - like upping shadows - didn't do a damn thing to the framerate. Which is puzzling. (Film Grain and Chromatic Abberation are both off because I can't fucking stand em. Also "high" motion blur looks really, really awful and "low" looks better. High creates a weird dotty ghost trail on everything.)

Current settings:
20201210044103_1.jpg
20201210044111_1.jpg

I made it past the prologue and finally saw the game opening at like 8 hours in, so that was kind of unexpected.

Last edited:
Getting 56-70 on my RTX 2070 laptop (which generally equates to a 2060 Super desktop when OC'ed) with all settings at medium, no DLSS or RT. Even at medium, it looks real pretty.

My 3080 replacement arrives Monday, will report back on results then.

I have not run an FPS counter yet, but running 4K Ultra or high if that is the highest setting, but no psycho settings, motion blur off on LG 48CX with Ray Tracing and DLSS Quality with 9900KS and 3080, it runs smoothly. For fun I turned DLSS off and it was rough. I would guess 20-30 FPS range. I will get some hard numbers tonight.

4K Ultra max settings (No Psycho settings) with DLSS on Quality - 45-70fps with a RTX 3090. G-Sync and DLSS are a life saver here. I've turned off the FPS counter, was focusing too much on it even though the game was running very well.

Played 6 hours last night and at the very end, after clearing out a night club, was starting to get 60 to 70% GPU usage and low FPS - and it followed me outside. That's when I called it a night.

Overall, I'm very happy. From a pure performance perspective, I'm running this on a 4.7GHz 10940X, 64GB of 3400MHz RAM, on an Intel 900P Optane drive, and an overclocked (but very power limited) 3090 FTW3 Ultra. Settings are 4K Ultra Rayracing preset with motion blur off, and DLSS set to balanced (auto made for some weird swirlies on the corpo office carpet). FPS is mostly over 60 FPS, but some dips down to the mid 40s especially when driving. My Gsync compatible TV smoothes things out.

Oh, and ultra raytracing is freaking AMAZING.

Last edited:
I'm running the specs in my signature, 9900k + 2080Ti OC. I'm getting 75-95 with all Ultra, RT ultra and DLSS on Ultra Performance. I prefer the higher framerate and I can't really see any blurriness. I'm very happy with this performance!

I'm running default "RT:Ultra" setting with RT at Ultra and game v. 1.03 and adjusted field of view to max (100). My rig currently has 64gb ram + 3900x + 3090rtx.

No DLSS.

I'm getting 49-60 fps - which is enough for me for an RPG like this. I prefer looking at the OMG graphics than get some extra fps.

i9-9900k@5ghz with a Pulse 5700xt and I'm getting around 45-55fps on ultra at 1080p or 30-40fps on ultra at 1440p. This is better then I expected from this card and the game looks gorgeous!

My 2080ti @ 4k is holding up well with the setting preset of RT Medium and DLSS set to Quality. Given that i've owned this card since launch over two years ago. I'd like to upgrade to a better card, but can't find any available.

My 2080ti @ 4k is holding up well with the setting preset of RT Medium and DLSS set to Quality. Given that i've owned this card since launch over two years ago. I'd like to upgrade to a better card, but can't find any available.
I'm in the same boat. Cash in hand yet no cards avaliable...anywhere. That's why I settled for this 5700xt. At least now I can game until this mess sorts itself out.

Last edited:
Still mulling over buying the game, but I think I'll grab a copy from GOG. With my current setup I was hoping for Ultra settings at 1440p (I'd be happy with 30-40fps), but obviously with my 6800 there is no RT support yet in 2077. I bought a Trio X 3060ti on release but haven't opened it yet, I'm tempted to use it for now with 2077 since I have a Native GSync Hardware monitor (Viewsonic XG270QG) so it'll help with the lower FPS. If I can run 1440p Ultra (or close to it), with Pyscho RT, and DLSS on Quality and get 30fps, I'd be happy.

Last edited:
Still mulling over buying the game, but I think I'll grab a copy from GOG. With my current setup I was hoping for Ultra settings at 1440p (I'd be happy with 30-40fps), but obviously with my 6800 there is no RT support yet in 2077. I bought a Trio X 3060ti on release but haven't opened it yet, I'm tempted to use it for now with 2077 since I have a Native GSync Hardware monitor (Viewsonic XG270QG) so it'll help with the lower FPS.
Honestly, I wouldn't wait for AMD supported raytracing if you've got a 6800 at that resolution. You'd have to downgrade so many other settings. I just don't think it would be worth the wait, unless you had at minimum a 6800xt/6900xt.

I'll be testing it later but will be with an Intel 5820 and a Nvidia 980ti(until a worthy replacement is actually in stock) at 3440x1440. Buying at gog for no DRM.

I'll be testing it later but will be with an Intel 5820 and a Nvidia 980ti(until a worthy replacement is actually in stock) at 3440x1440. Buying at gog for no DRM.
Prepare for a slideshow.

Ryzen 3700x + RTX 3080 + CX 55" OLED.

At Nvidia's recommend settings (4K, DLSS Performance, Maxed settings), I get 40-60 FPS. I ended up turning off RT for now and setting DLSS to balanced. Now... the game is absolutely incredible. Not sure how anyone could play this at sub-60 FPS.

Even 3090 owners will have to turn down some settings if they expect to get a decent framerate @ 4K. This game is punishing for all hardware.

Streaming this game on Discord takes a 33% hit to performance.My wife's 3900X didn't suffer nearly as badly streaming. Extra cores paid off for her there.

So here is my settings for 30FPS locked.

9900K (stock 4.7ghz all core), RTX 3070, 64GB DDR4-3600 CAS 16, Sabrent NVME SSD

3440x1440
All settings are high or ultra (highest allowed before Psycho settings).
Ray Trace Ultra
DLSS at Quality

Game looks outstanding. Frame rate is a very console like 30FPS even in combat. Setting DLSS to AUTO (which is in balanced mode most of the time), gets me 40FPS.

I have a system with those exact specs....It wasn't pretty LOL.
ugh. If supply wasn't non existent for the new video cards i'd have a new one. Me and everyone else. lol. Same for the new Ryzens. Hopefully I can drop the settings to low and make due for the time being.
I'd get it for my Xbox Series X but anything with shooting I have to use a keyboard and mouse. I can't aim with a controller.
I'm even considering buying a pre-built computer as they have the latest ryzen and video cards in stock and i'm planning on building a new computer anyways. Just have to decide if paying that premium is worth it to me.

Last edited:
Specs in Sig; but 2080Ti (overclocked nicely), 5960x (healthy overclock)... 4K HDR10 monitor...

All setting Maxed/Ultra (No Psycho) running at 4K: DLSS Performance gets me about 55~60 FPS average; if I use "Ultra Performance" DLSS; its a solid 85+ FPS leaving everything maxed.

When I get home tonight; I think I'm going to try a few tricks I saw online (lowering 2 or 3 settings that have little IQ effect) and see if I can keep DLSS at Performance or Balanced. Can't say it looked bad at "Ultra Performance" at 4K with HDR on; but I'm sure it's a low render resolution to get those frames... probably 1080p or something of the sort upscaling to 4k.

2080 Super @ 3440x1440. High Preset, RT Off, DLSS Quality. My display is 100Hz so i capped the frames at 90 and indoors, its usually sitting on that cap. Outdoors only in certain situations it'll drop to mid to low 50's but mostly around 60FPS.

Perfectly playable for me.

Back