Cyberpunk 2077’s first major update coming in the next 10 days

Anyway back on topic. I just got a new precessor and was holding out playing Cyberpunk for it to arrive and for the bugs to be fixed. It came in yesterday and was installed. Pretty excited. We'll see what the patch brings.

Anyway back on topic. I just got a new precessor and was holding out playing Cyberpunk for it to arrive and for the bugs to be fixed. It came in yesterday and was installed. Pretty excited. We'll see what the patch brings.

You should play it so you can see the difference between the two processors :) Justify the upgrade.

can you limit the number of npcs in cp2077... like with a slider bar ?

Yes, but from my understanding you will get more pop in and it'll feel empty.
I like to do this and pretend most people have begun again on the off-world colonies.

I'm still very much enjoying this game, but it's hard not to notice how much of the world is empty and how much of the content was cut down. There are so many pieces of the game where it's obvious the designers started with one thing in mind, but cauterized it. NPC interactions, car theft, police chases, strangely missing textures, lack of any real verticality (although you can see some buildings seem to be multi-story)...

I for one am glad they put PC first with Cyberpunk. No idea how well it has sold, but if it's half price and you don't yet own it, I would recommend it. It is adult rated so if nudity/violence offends your sensibilities, then you might want to pass.

I've ran into a few minor bugs but nothing game breaking (PC).

It has been a very fun game, over 200 hours played. I think I am getting close to the end, still have 4 or 5 side quests to finish before doing nocturne.

Mad Queen on utube said 13.5+ Million copies sold so far last week,during one of her Livestreams on the game. I am 183 Hours in and on my 2nd play through and am still loving it on my Sig PC.

I bought a physical copy at EB Games and love the huge fold out map,getting it framed next week.

Once it goes on sale I’ll snag it, I don’t see myself having time to play it until April at the earliest. Though chances are April’s game time may be taken by ED: Odyssey, with a sprinkling of the Mass Effects.

You should play it so you can see the difference between the two processors :) Justify the upgrade.
I went from a 4 core to a 6 core and it was literally like I upgraded the video card (my Intel rig is being parted). Games I couldn't even play before at 4k now I could. Cyberpunk plays very well now where before it was stutter city.

Reminds me of the old 8/16 bit games. The 16 bit arcade games were great on the 16 bit consoles. The 8 bit? Not so much. Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Sonic the Hedgehog, Altered Beast we all great on the Genesis. Not so much on the Master System.

You get a lower quality game on the lower end systems/consoles of the time. Especially if they are made for the newer and latest/greatest. It's just the nature of the business and really always has been. I can see they needed to do some more optimization on the game, but I'm not shocked or surprised in the least that this is an issue. I would have expected it to be much lower in quality on much older hardware. Maybe I'm used to it due to the backports to older systems throughout my gaming history and it's just normal and par for the course, or it's just a realistic view.

Not really a fair comparison, since the base PS4 and XB1 are powerful enough to run an open world shooter. This has been shown with many games in the past that work fine and don't crash every 20 minutes.

And there isn't anything special, innovative or new in Cyberpunk compared to previous similar games. If RDR2, Watch Dogs, Assassin Your Wallet for the Creed of Paid XP Boosters can run fine on those consoles there is no reason Cyberpunk can't.

And I enjoyed the game. Fact is they screwed up big time on their part. And they should've waited 2 more months to release, and maybe delayed the console release by 3-4 months if necessary. They ruined their reputation, although undeserved (Witcher 2/3 weren't great), with this release.

And there isn't anything special, innovative or new in Cyberpunk compared to previous similar games. If RDR2, Watch Dogs, Assassin Your Wallet for the Creed of Paid XP Boosters can run fine on those consoles there is no reason Cyberpunk can't.

And I enjoyed the game. Fact is they screwed up big time on their part. And they should've waited 2 more months to release, and maybe delayed the console release by 3-4 months if necessary. They ruined their reputation, although undeserved (Witcher 2/3 weren't great), with this release.
Witcher 3 wasnt great? Is this a joke? That game is fantastic.

Witcher 3 wasnt great? Is this a joke? That game is fantastic.

Crappy combat, slow progression means for the first 20-30 hours of the game the combat is even more sterile than it could've been, drawn out story that is simplistic, real crappy ending. Mass Effect 3 bad. Only reason ME3 got more flack is because the story over the 3 games was actually meaningful and people were immersed into the world. Witcher 3 was more or less run here do that, you're supposed to like this character for some unexplained reason, exposition dump.

It wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't great. Witcher 2 on the other hand was a bad game although the story in the final chapter was decent. Too bad it meant nothing in Witcher 3.

Lets also not forget the huge graphical downgrade Witcher 3 received prior to launch. And all of the innovative things they claimed would be present in Cyberpunk weren't, like NPC behavior changing with the time of day. Hell, every area of the map played the same. I don't think CD Projekt is a bad studio but they constantly over promise and under deliver on those promises.

Wasn't a bad game, but wasn't great either. I liked Cyberpunk more overall.

I really need to check out Witcher 3 at some point, Witcher 1 really didn't go over well for me, I just couldn't get into it and my laptop at the time wasn't really up to the task. But because I never got into the first I never got around to any of the others but I should probably grab the trilogy and give it a go.

Crappy combat, slow progression means for the first 20-30 hours of the game the combat is even more sterile than it could've been, drawn out story that is simplistic, real crappy ending. Mass Effect 3 bad. Only reason ME3 got more flack is because the story over the 3 games was actually meaningful and people were immersed into the world. Witcher 3 was more or less run here do that, you're supposed to like this character for some unexplained reason, exposition dump.

It wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't great. Witcher 2 on the other hand was a bad game although the story in the final chapter was decent. Too bad it meant nothing in Witcher 3.

Lets also not forget the huge graphical downgrade Witcher 3 received prior to launch. And all of the innovative things they claimed would be present in Cyberpunk weren't, like NPC behavior changing with the time of day. Hell, every area of the map played the same. I don't think CD Projekt is a bad studio but they constantly over promise and under deliver on those promises.

^^^ Doesn't like good games.

With the supposed developer comments on the games development, even if untrue, I do feel they had to ease on the scale and scope of the game.

Even now there are a TON of doors, most of them even going to what look like pretty important places, yet they're all locked. And not just simply decoration, certain doors, like have of them, say "Locked"...so were they at one point unlockable?

Let me guess. You liked Skyrim tho?

I really need to check out Witcher 3 at some point, Witcher 1 really didn't go over well for me, I just couldn't get into it and my laptop at the time wasn't really up to the task. But because I never got into the first I never got around to any of the others but I should probably grab the trilogy and give it a go.
I couldn't get into Witcher 1. 2 was alright but 3 is one of my favorite games ever.

I wonder what current sales numbers look like. pre-refunds of course.
I tried to refund after 8 hours on Steam as I felt at the beginning like a few bugs were fine but then the game started to feel incomplete, that's where I asked for the refund, got a no-no for playing more than 2 hours. Yes there might be great gameplay and content, but man those glitches are fucking basic or simple bad design implementations. GTA V is much older and NPCs feel alive, they don't in Night City, they feel like scripted robots.

I tried to refund after 8 hours on Steam as I felt at the beginning like a few bugs were fine but then the game started to feel incomplete, that's where I asked for the refund, got a no-no for playing more than 2 hours. Yes there might be great gameplay and content, but man those glitches are fucking basic or simple bad design implementations. GTA V is much older and NPCs feel alive, they don't in Night City, they feel like scripted robots.
How much time are you spending around NPC's in the first place? I beat the game and only on a couple occasions did I think "Hm, that was odd". Most of the time they coward and ran like they should have, walked around mostly normally, had children and different body type and variety.

Like, could have been better for sure, but it wasn't bad. I came across plenty of interesting conversations and stuff. Good enough for me as I'm running/power jumping past them.

Now, the POLICE on the other hand needs a lot of work. I don't quite mind them not being GTA V levels but there's a lot that could be improved/added.

As I say in my comment above about all the locked doors I really wonder what all was removed or was planned on. I think I read somewhere that flying cars and stuff were supposed to be in the game as well.

it'll take at least 2 major patches before I jump in...
I wouldn't blame you at all. For me though, on PC, the game ran pretty damn well and I had very few actual technical issues.

Either way, I definitely think it's worth playing...the world, it's scale, detail, it's pretty gotdamn impressive! Reminds me a lot of The Division in that I just spend hours walking around taking in all the detail.

I wouldn't blame you at all. For me though, on PC, the game ran pretty damn well and I had very few actual technical issues.

Either way, I definitely think it's worth playing...the world, it's scale, detail, it's pretty gotdamn impressive! Reminds me a lot of The Division in that I just spend hours walking around taking in all the detail.

definitely worth playing but since immersion is a big part of this game, the small bugs and glitches would bother me more then in other games

I couldn't get into Witcher 1. 2 was alright but 3 is one of my favorite games ever.
I couldn't get into either. Maybe Witcher 2 sucked the least, but geralt was still a giant douche in it so I quit after one of his morally questionable lines. And yes, I like Skyrim, not for the story tho. It's like apples to witcher's oranges. If you have to compare the witcher to another game dragon age is a much better match.

Which one did you get?
Upside of having a 1080ti - no CPU utilization bottlenecks in modern games!
That's not how that works at all. CPU limitations can occur at any resolution. However, if you are running at 1920x1080, you are effectively CPU limited. It's not really all that taxing on the GPU. At the other end of the spectrum, 4K is GPU limited, but there was as world of difference between my Threadripper 2920X and the 9900K I replaced it with. The Threadripper showed to have the same or better averages, but the actual frame times and minimum frame rates were far lower. The Threadripper spiked much higher, but that's effectively what made the averages look better. It wasn't useful. There was a massive difference in the feel and playability of Destiny 2 at 4K using an RTX 2080 Ti with those systems as an example.
can you limit the number of npcs in cp2077... like with a slider bar ?
Yes you can.
Not really a fair comparison, since the base PS4 and XB1 are powerful enough to run an open world shooter. This has been shown with many games in the past that work fine and don't crash every 20 minutes.
When will people realize that such comparisons are utterly ridiculous? That's not how things work.

No, there isn't. At least, not mechanically. However, you can't compare it to those similar games as they all use different game engines and different design choices were made with them. Even though they are all open world games, you aren't comparing apples to apples. There are many reasons why Cyberpunk may not scale well on lower end systems. For starters, NPC and crowd density is far in excess of anything I've seen in other open world games. I haven't played Watch Dogs, but the others don't come close. There is also a great deal more verticality to something like Cyberpunk than RDR2 and the Witcher games. Not only that, but Cyberpunk is graphically ahead of all those titles. It's way ahead of GTA V as well. You can scale textures down etc. and perhaps the issues can be addressed eventually. I think CDPR just didn't give themselves enough time to do so.
^^^ Doesn't like good games.
I must not either. While I absolutely enjoyed Cyberpunk, despite its issues and shortcomings I couldn't get into the Witcher games. I own all three of them because everyone acted like I was crazy for not liking them and I wish I hadn't.
With the supposed developer comments on the games development, even if untrue, I do feel they had to ease on the scale and scope of the game.

Even now there are a TON of doors, most of them even going to what look like pretty important places, yet they're all locked. And not just simply decoration, certain doors, like have of them, say "Locked"...so were they at one point unlockable?
It's likely that there are areas of the game world which are unfinished or usable for future content. I felt like many areas were intended to be places you could go, but then again it may be that they never were and the world is just detailed enough to make it look like those are places you should be able to go. I don't know. As for them all being unlockable at one point, we don't know.
Let me guess. You liked Skyrim tho?
I never played Skyrim, but its two predecessors did nothing for me. I can't stand the ultra-generic playable character with no voice or personality that does some generic story in an open world game. They tend to bore the shit out of me.
How much time are you spending around NPC's in the first place? I beat the game and only on a couple occasions did I think "Hm, that was odd". Most of the time they coward and ran like they should have, walked around mostly normally, had children and different body type and variety.

Like, could have been better for sure, but it wasn't bad. I came across plenty of interesting conversations and stuff. Good enough for me as I'm running/power jumping past them.

Now, the POLICE on the other hand needs a lot of work. I don't quite mind them not being GTA V levels but there's a lot that could be improved/added.

As I say in my comment above about all the locked doors I really wonder what all was removed or was planned on. I think I read somewhere that flying cars and stuff were supposed to be in the game as well.
I couldn't agree more with your first point. I don't sit there and creep on NPC's. I wouldn't notice if they had routines or daily lives or not. Personally, the idea of AI routines for this seemed like a pipe dream when it was talked about years ago. Even if it wasn't, it sounded like something that would take forever to code and CDPR had limited resources. Scaling back on that makes sense. There are usually enough of them that they sell the illusion well enough. For people who are bitching about CDPR not delivering on their promises, I haven't seen better done in other games. I haven't played GTA V in a long time, but I don't recall any game allowing for meaningful interactions with generic NPC's. So, comments on that are coming out of people's asses from what I can tell.

The police are a joke in this game. They are the single most flawed and immersion breaking aspect of the game. I could write a dissertation on this but I'll save myself the trouble. One quest has you killing some guy in front of a cop and instantly cops appear out of no where on your position. Guns come out of the sky and places where buildings don't even exist sometimes to shoot at you, etc. It's ridiculous. Of course, run for ten seconds and they forget all about you. It's fucking lame.

On the part about doors, we will probably never know. I have to imagine the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Some areas that seem particularly fleshed out might have been intended for quests or future content. Some of it may have been cut, some of it may be groundwork for later on. But there is no way in hell all of the doors that say "Locked" were usable at one time with them all leading to full building interiors. As for flying cars, that was ditched years ago and CDPR was transparent about that. They really didn't give a reason, but when you clip through stuff and end up on top of buildings where you shouldn't be, you can see why. A lot of the city isn't that well developed. People need to realize, there is a budget of sorts when it comes to how much you can render on screen at once. In order to provide the detail we see, the developers had to cut back elsewhere. While you can certainly fly around GTA V all you want, nothing is as detailed. In Cyberpunk a lot of roof tops and other areas are barely textured.

But there is no way in hell all of the doors that say "Locked" were usable at one time with them all leading to full building interiors

No, I don't think for a second that all doors let to massive fleshed out interiors but I think using partial procedural generation and minor things done by hand we could have seen a ton of interior types...thinking apartment floors, smaller rooms, shops, etc.

Because, sure, while every "Locked" door may not have had an interior I do find that they tend to look like doors that are interactable while there are plenty of doors that are a lot more obviously just there as part of the façade that aren't interactable at all. So why are some doors "Locked" that looks like real doors and others say nothing that look like fake doors/decoration?

So I do think, or I could certainly believe, that at a certain point in time there were either a lot more rooms and places to loot, more stores, more places for missions, etc than there are now. Like I said, it's just the design. Basic doors in basic alleys, sure, but there's like clubs and stores and a bunch of detailed seemingly "important" areas that are just a no-go zone.

Edit: I did just remember after typing all this that I have come across a door or two that are interactable, open up, but are just walls behind them. So I think they certainly reused assets and interactive doors as just props for exteriors but, even then, a lot of the places that have "Locked" doors still look like they would or should have been real places. And the apparent developer that talked about a lot of behind the scenes things (that has since been "debunked", or so they say) did talk about the "Locked" doors and how they did have a lot of just lootable rooms all over.

Either way, I can see it going both ways.

Last edited:
Do not buy this game! I played for a few hours and that was all I could take.
The game itself is no good to play as a open world.
The story I found my self skipping dialogue and waiting for the "chapter to end".

This cannot be fixed. It is fundamentally at the core a bad game. Wish I had not bought it would have been more fun to throw the money in the street to see who would pick it up.

Do not buy this game! I played for a few hours and that was all I could take.
The game itself is no good to play as a open world.
The story I found my self skipping dialogue and waiting for the "chapter to end".

This cannot be fixed. It is fundamentally at the core a bad game. Wish I had not bought it would have been more fun to throw the money in the street to see who would pick it up.
Best game a played in a while. It definitely needs to be played in a certain way, being incomplete. But by no means a "do not buy this game because it's all I can take" comment shouldn't be taken seriously.
I would say don't buy this game for $60. I got it for $26 and it was more than worth it, especially for RTX gamers.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more with your first point. I don't sit there and creep on NPC's. I wouldn't notice if they had routines or daily lives or not. Personally, the idea of AI routines for this seemed like a pipe dream when it was talked about years ago. Even if it wasn't, it sounded like something that would take forever to code and CDPR had limited resources. Scaling back on that makes sense. There are usually enough of them that they sell the illusion well enough. For people who are bitching about CDPR not delivering on their promises, I haven't seen better done in other games. I haven't played GTA V in a long time, but I don't recall any game allowing for meaningful interactions with generic NPC's. So, comments on that are coming out of people's asses from what I can tell.
Impressive, now I understand why the world has become a shitfest, it's like everyone thinks for everyone else. GTA V and RDR2 have pretty good and interactive NPC systems, not sure what the fuck you are talking about, obviously you haven't experienced it. I played 8 hours of Cyberpunk and was enough to see that the glitches and bugs are fucking amateur and some basic systems feel half baked, it has some good content, but it's not a $60 and should have not been advertised as such. Try not commenting from your ass.

No, there isn't. At least, not mechanically. However, you can't compare it to those similar games as they all use different game engines and different design choices were made with them. Even though they are all open world games, you aren't comparing apples to apples. There are many reasons why Cyberpunk may not scale well on lower end systems. For starters, NPC and crowd density is far in excess of anything I've seen in other open world games. I haven't played Watch Dogs, but the others don't come close. There is also a great deal more verticality to something like Cyberpunk than RDR2 and the Witcher games. Not only that, but Cyberpunk is graphically ahead of all those titles. It's way ahead of GTA V as well. You can scale textures down etc. and perhaps the issues can be addressed eventually. I think CDPR just didn't give themselves enough time to do so.

Take a look at some of the Assassin's Creed games like Syndicate and Unity. The both have very dense crowds, at least on par if not more cluttered than Cybeprunk. Watch Dogs is similar to CP. Some areas on CP including roads are extremely bare. Depends on the area. Cars have a tendency to disappear in its current state. I'll see traffic in the distance but as I drive up the cars disappear.

If it is an engine problem, it lies with how they implemented it. No reason this game shouldn't run on consoles properly.

Take a look at some of the Assassin's Creed games like Syndicate and Unity. The both have very dense crowds, at least on par if not more cluttered than Cybeprunk. Watch Dogs is similar to CP. Some areas on CP including roads are extremely bare. Depends on the area. Cars have a tendency to disappear in its current state. I'll see traffic in the distance but as I drive up the cars disappear.

If it is an engine problem, it lies with how they implemented it. No reason this game shouldn't run on consoles properly.

Its a brand new engine built concurrently during the development of the game. That seems like a pretty good reason. Not an excuse mind you but there it is.

Impressive, now I understand why the world has become a shitfest, it's like everyone thinks for everyone else. GTA V and RDR2 have pretty good and interactive NPC systems, not sure what the fuck you are talking about, obviously you haven't experienced it. I played 8 hours of Cyberpunk and was enough to see that the glitches and bugs are fucking amateur and some basic systems feel half baked, it has some good content, but it's not a $60 and should have not been advertised as such. Try not commenting from your ass.

I've got a lot of hours in GTA V, but it's been awhile. Furthermore, I wasn't going around and trying to interact with generic and meaningless NPC's.

1611350890505.png

It's been almost four years since I've played it. Didn't play RDR2, but I've seen video etc. on Watch Dogs. I own the second one, but haven't played it either. Again, I don't recall crowds as dense as Cyberpunk's. Even if they are, it's a different engine with different design choices, etc. which make comparisons with other games about how it should run moot. They don't look the same, they aren't on the same engine. They are open world games and that's all they have in common. That's like expecting Crysis to run as good as Doom Eternal. And it's not "optimization" necessarily as much as people want to throw that out there. Crysis has very specific design choices which led to it looking great and aging well visually, but running like ass.

Last edited:
Best game a played in a while. It definitely needs to be played in a certain way, being incomplete. But by no means a "do not buy this game because it's all I can take" comment shouldn't be taken seriously.
I would say don't buy this game for $60. I got it for $26 and it was more than worth it, especially for RTX gamers.
They should though because I am a real person with limited time and I just put it down. It is not worth my time.

If anyone was honest with me about how bad it was I would not be out the few hours I sunk into it.

Furthermore, I wasn't going around and trying to interact with generic and meaningless NPC's.
What kind of immersion can you expect if you think the population of the world is "meaningless?"

Looks like the patch is live. 5.4GB update for me.

In this update we focused on various stability improvements, which you can find outlined in the patch notes below. We will continue this work in patch 1.2 and other upcoming updates. At the same time we will keep fixing the bugs you encounter and listening to your feedback on how to improve the overall game experience.

Stability
Various stability improvements including:
  • Memory usage improvements in various systems within the game: characters, interactions, navigation, in-game videos (news, tv, etc.), foliage, laser effects, minimap, devices, AI, street traffic, environmental damage system, GPU-related, and more.
  • Various crash fixes (related to, among others, loading saves, game opening/closing and Point of No Return).

Quests/Open World
  • Fixed an issue where calls from Delamain would end immediately and seem like they cannot be picked up in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed an issue where players would not receive calls from Delamain when approaching relevant vehicles in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed an issue where the objective could get stuck on "Answer the call from Mr. Hands" in M'ap Tann Pèlen.
  • Fixed an issue where Judy could teleport underground in Pyramid Song.
  • Fixed an issue where it would be impossible to talk to Zen Master in Poem of The Atoms.
  • Fixed an issue where Takemura wouldn't call in Down on the Street.
  • Fixed an issue where Jackie could disappear in The Pickup.
  • Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to get out of the car in The Beast in Me: The Big Race.
  • Fixed an issue where players could stop receiving calls and messages after moving too far away from A Day In The Life area.
  • Fixed an issue where opening the package wouldn't update Space Oddity.
  • Retro-fixed the saves affected by a rare issue where speaking to Judy in Automatic Love would be impossible due to an invisible wall. The underlying issue is under investigation.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from collecting the reward in Gig: Freedom of the Press. The quest will auto-complete for those who could not collect the reward previously, and the reward will be provided automatically.
  • Fixed an issue where Delamain would remain silent throughout Epistrophy if the player initially refused to help him.

UI
  • Fixed an issue where prompt for exiting braindance could be missing.
  • Removed an invalid item from loot.

Visual
  • Fixed an issue where a grenade's trajectory could be displayed in photo mode.
  • Fixed particles' hue appearing pink when viewed close up.
  • Fixed cars spawning incorrectly in Reported Crime: Welcome to Night City.

Achievements
  • Fixed an issue where completing one of the assaults in progress in Santo Domingo would sometimes not contribute towards progression for The Jungle achievement, preventing its completion.

Miscellaneous
  • Addressed the issue responsible for saves getting oversized (related to the modifier indicating if the item is crafted), and trimmed the excess size from already existing saves (note: this won’t fix PC save files corrupted before 1.06 update).
  • Fixed an issue where input could stop registering upon opening the weapon wheel and performing an action.
  • Fixed an issue where the "Continue" button in the Main Menu could load an end game save.

PC-specific
  • It will now be possible to obtain achievements while in Steam offline mode. Note: Offline mode needs to be enabled before starting the game. This change does not work retroactively.
  • Addressed the game startup crashes related to loading cache on NVIDIA graphics cards.

I'll try it later tonight when I'm done with errands and such.

Looks like the patch is live. 5.4GB update for me.

I'll try it later tonight when I'm done with errands and such.
I thought it was going to be 3x as long. At least I can get the freedom of the press completed, but still can't get the Iconic Psalm rifle because it didn't drop.
CD needs to re-enable the debug console.

What kind of immersion can you expect if you think the population of the world is "meaningless?"

Do you walk up to random people on the street and talk to them? I don't. They are there as window dressing. I don't need them to be all that sophisticated. Granted, more sophistication is great and all but its a minor complaint about the game. It has far bigger issues than its random NPC's.

Back