Cyberpunk 2077 was Really Real this Year

Look at the old game manuals like the Solo of Fortune magazines or the wiki for Cyberpunk 2020.

To be fair, I think CD Projekt RED looked at John Romero, Star Citizen, and Duke Nukem Forever and said "lets keep quiet until we are very close to release".

Cyberpunk really doesn't belong in the same sentence with Scam Citizen, DNF or anything else, because Cyberpunk is an actual game being made by actual developers with a proven record of actually finishing and releasing actual games.

Had the Outrage Industrial Complex not rewarded CDPR which such "downgrade-gate" vitriol over the ambitious Witcher 3 early previews versus the final build, I'm sure they would have been excited to share the current state of Cyberpunk outside of the closed door previews. But there would be no upside. There are strategic reasons Rockstar hasn't shown any Red Dead Redemption 2 gameplay either. Underpromise and overdeliver beats the shit out of setting an expectation and locking themselves into a position.

The massive, blockbuster titles with multi-hundred-million dollar budgets have to do everything extremely carefully in this clickbait era of suck. They have to.

Last edited:
i wonder how much it cost to buy cyberpunk.net...
I'm a sucker for this genre. Huge deus ex fan, old school syndicate was my favorite when I was a kid, ruiner, satellite reign ect. cant wait for this one

Cyberpunk really doesn't belong in the same sentence with Scam Citizen, DNF or anything else, because Cyberpunk is an actual game being made by actual developers with a proven record of actually finishing and releasing actual games.

Had the Outrage Industrial Complex not rewarded CDPR which such "downgrade-gate" vitriol over the ambitious Witcher 3 early previews versus the final build, I'm sure they would have been excited to share the current state of Cyberpunk outside of the closed door previews. But there would be no upside. There are strategic reasons Rockstar hasn't shown any Red Dead Redemption 2 gameplay either. Underpromise and overdeliver beats the shit out of setting an expectation and locking themselves into a position.

The massive, blockbuster titles with multi-hundred-million dollar budgets have to do everything extremely carefully in this clickbait era of suck. They have to.

Umm, both SC and DNF are/were made by people who have finished numerous games in the past. So not sure where you are going with this one...

Umm, both SC and DNF are/were made by people who have finished numerous games in the past. So not sure where you are going with this one...

To be absolutely fair, the state of Star Citizen today is closer to the 'finished' state of DNF or Dikatana was at release. So at least there is that. Yes they are WOEFULLY behind any schedules they set and constantly over promise under deliver. But there is measurable progress and playble snippets of the game features. That's better than a lot. No I'm not satisfied with it... but it isn't quite as bad as those others. ;)

I am ready for this game already and I am still planning on upgrading in the next 6 months.
I am awful with my money.

I didn't realize people were doubting this game. These guys made the Witcher series, including one of the best games ever made in Witcher 3. Not to mention the Blood and Wine DLC, which by itself would be a Game of the Year contender.

Now these guys are working on a game set in a Cyberpunk world? When was the last time, if ever, we had a game in that setting with such epic potential? They could hold off until 2030 and I'd still buy it day 1.

I bought Duke Nukem... :(

We never have a future of bright lights and metallic wonderland with blue skies and gleaming citadels where nobody starves and everyone is happy.

Any Star Trek property ever... it was always those OTHER folks that kept intruding on our idyllic world. :p

I care more about content being cut than graphics being altered. The game running well is far more important. However, I'll be bummed when looking at the back of a box and seeing a scene that never happens in the game. *cough* Resident Evil 2 PSX Console Box *cough*
lol that happened more than once when I bought Sinclair Spectrum games. Always with the fucking C64 pictures on the back cover. Made my life miserable at times. :)

edit: my bad "scenes that never happened" vs. game don't look like the back of the box.

nothing to see here..carry on

Because if they release the footage and then find out that a texture on a coat is causing mid range video cards to choke; people are going to be "outraged" when they alter the texture. CDPR lied at E3! Smoke and mirrors! Blah, blah, blah.

Best to show it to the rest of the world when they are close to shipping a finished product. WYSIWYG ;)

For those who forget, this is a reference to Witcher 3, where CDPR had to slightly downgrade the graphics post E3. And of course, people were upset because "they weren't getting what they were promised".

So yeah, people complained last time around, so now CDPR is keeping things close to the vest. Actions have consequences.

it very interesting to me that all the games that people are excited about have no release window (cyberpunk, starfield, elder scrolls vi, even halo infinite). what are the odds we dont see these games til the next generation of consoles? my bet is pretty high.

To be absolutely fair, the state of Star Citizen today is closer to the 'finished' state of DNF or Dikatana was at release. So at least there is that. Yes they are WOEFULLY behind any schedules they set and constantly over promise under deliver. But there is measurable progress and playble snippets of the game features. That's better than a lot. No I'm not satisfied with it... but it isn't quite as bad as those others. ;)
:eek:

:confused:

o_O

:LOL:

:ROFLMAO:

I didn't realize people were doubting this game. These guys made the Witcher series, including one of the best games ever made in Witcher 3. Not to mention the Blood and Wine DLC, which by itself would be a Game of the Year contender.

Now these guys are working on a game set in a Cyberpunk world? When was the last time, if ever, we had a game in that setting with such epic potential? They could hold off until 2030 and I'd still buy it day 1.

I'll actually pre-order this one and from GOG.com so I can keep as much money in CD Projekt Red's coffers.

Looks good. I am eager to see it hit the "shelves" and not pre-order it.

* - Digital shelves, of course. May be Steam flavored. Your mileage may vary.

Back