CYBERPUNK 2077 US$43.99 / $41.79 with code

Definitely holding off on this for at least a day or two to get solid feedback. I've watched the "trailers" and most of it seemed to be cut-scenes versus gameplay.

The skills/development mechanics, as described, do seem interesting and I love me some Cyberpunk, but just because they dished out for an A-list actor does not mean it's a good game.

I feel dirty that I just bought a 3080 last week week, never even seen RT before, and I don't care to try Cyberpunk for some reason at all =/
need a bath...

Reactions: noko
like this
Cool, enjoy much worse graphics if you wish.
New consoles are riding the ray tracing train now, but you still have a small number of PC gamers that want to turn it off for that PS4 level of fidelity in 2020 lol! I mean why pay that much for a GPU anyways. Either get consoles or stay with old GPUs.

I feel dirty that I just bought a 3080 last week week, never even seen RT before, and I don't care to try Cyberpunk for some reason at all =/
need a bath...
RT isn't that interesting with the FPS trade-off and I'm sure you're putting it to use with SOMETHING else worthwhile, yeah?

Definitely holding off on this for at least a day or two to get solid feedback. I've watched the "trailers" and most of it seemed to be cut-scenes versus gameplay.

The skills/development mechanics, as described, do seem interesting and I love me some Cyberpunk, but just because they dished out for an A-list actor does not mean it's a good game.
Right. For all we know at this point, the game could be flop. Despite the acclaim their games have earned, ultimately every game CD Projekt Red has made is been a stiff, clunky, RPG. For that reason alone I was not nearly as impressed by The Witcher series as everyone else. Like...is there any evidence, at all, that they can even develop a fun, smooth, action FPS game? The trailers seem incredibly scripted, as if they lack the confidence to just show the game for what it is. Don't get me wrong, it looks good - I even pre-ordered it. But there's no way people aren't going to be very let down. At my work I've had multiple people bring in their PC's to upgrade specifically for this game.

Right. For all we know at this point, the game could be flop. Despite the acclaim their games have earned, ultimately every game CD Projekt Red has made is been a stiff, clunky, RPG. For that reason alone I was not nearly as impressed by The Witcher series as everyone else. Like...is there any evidence, at all, that they can even develop a fun, smooth, action FPS game? The trailers seem incredibly scripted, as if they lack the confidence to just show the game for what it is. Don't get me wrong, it looks good - I even pre-ordered it. But there's no way people aren't going to be very let down. At my work I've had multiple people bring in their PC's to upgrade specifically for this game.
This was my main concern when I first learned what the game is. Also, I've noticed some stiff looking gunplay in some of the gameplay videos. I'm used to Escape From Tarkov which has the best gun animations I've ever seen, though.

I think the primary reason I enjoy the witcher is the stories, both overarching and side, that are pulled from lore that is often unfamiliar to the inspiration or source material of most western RPGs. The ability for the game to create a significant and strange moment from something that seems trivial initially is what I play the games for more than anything. I think Cyberpunk will at the very least be full of these moments and it's what makes it a no-brainer for me.

I'm with you 100% on this. I really didnt get into the witcher series at all. i saw all the hype and I tried it out but it just wasn't for me. Hopefully this game will be good but I wont be an early buyer of it

You do know this isn't an action FPS game, though.. right? It's a slow burning RPG, played from the FPP.

I'm with you 100% on this. I really didnt get into the witcher series at all. i saw all the hype and I tried it out but it just wasn't for me. Hopefully this game will be good but I wont be an early buyer of it
That's just it... it's going to be a lot more similar to the Witcher games than you think.

I think CDPR's biggest mistake was pushing out action packed trailers... and now a lot of people expect this game to be GTA/Just Cause fusion with some RPG elements tossed in for good measure. I predict a lot of people getting reaaaallly disappointed.

Everything I've seen online has billed this game as some kind of cross between GTA and Deus Ex with an epic open world cyberpunk story played out like a kick ass version of Mafia. If that's not what it is, then I think this game is destined for an epic implosion at realease.

Everything I've seen online has billed this game as some kind of cross between GTA and Deus Ex with an epic open world cyberpunk story played out like a kick ass version of Mafia. If that's not what it is, then I think this game is destined for an epic implosion at realease.
Maybe as a bitter older cynical gamer I see things differently than the lowest common denominator of young gamers but it's more that - aside from the setting being different, and next-gen graphics... we all know the gameplay will be the same we've seen in every other RPG ever. Fetch quests, some head shots, looting gear only to have the mobs scale with you so whatever gun you get, after a couple levels/missions will feel about as powerful as your starting pistol, same skill points that affect same stats, near-irrelevant conversation choices, cliche story lines, etc.

The whole genre needs to be reinvented. We've seen all that PC gaming has to offer and now it's just reskins and remasters with little originality, and if there is originality and risk taking, it's from indie developers.

I feel this about Elder Scrolls and Witcher 3 and Fallouts 3 and newer though... so maybe just not the genre for me

Ordered, but it's at pre-order / backordered status.

backordered

On an electronic copy??? What is this company, Nvidia?

(yes I know software != hardware but I don't believe their supply problems were involuntary by any means.

On an electronic copy??? What is this company, Nvidia?

(yes I know software != hardware but I don't believe their supply problems were involuntary by any means.
Third party stores arent given an unlimited supply of games keys. Its possible where they ordered it from is temporarily out of keys and needs to get more from the Dev.

Consider buying from Epic’s store so CD Projekt Red gets 90% or buying from Good Old Games so CD Projekt Red gets 100%

With a Steam purchase they only get 70% of the profits.

I wouldn’t normally care, but we gamers should support the best of the game developers with the most money we can — within reason. I think CD Projekt Red is at the tip top of that list. (No DRM, free updates(like Witcher 3 enhanced version), massive expansions that are almost standalone game sized that are priced fairly).
Agreed man, and have been saying this for a while now. My issue is fuck epic games. Lets support cdpr and get this one from GoG! They are like the last of the mohecans as far as a dev/publisher that is fair to us.

https://www.gog.com/galaxy

GLX-friendslist.jpg

Reactions: flotz
like this
Jesus, I have to add another launcher. Steam, origin, uplay, epic, rockstar and now this. This is too much sometimes. I'm gonna pass on GoG, I've got a ton of launchers on my desktop as it is

Jesus, I have to add another launcher. Steam, origin, uplay, epic, rockstar and now this. This is too much sometimes. I'm gonna pass on GoG, I've got a ton of launchers on my desktop as it is
You don't. Gog allows you to download the game installer directly from its website. No launcher needed.

You do know this isn't an action FPS game, though.. right? It's a slow burning RPG, played from the FPP.

That's just it... it's going to be a lot more similar to the Witcher games than you think.

I think CDPR's biggest mistake was pushing out action packed trailers... and now a lot of people expect this game to be GTA/Just Cause fusion with some RPG elements tossed in for good measure. I predict a lot of people getting reaaaallly disappointed.
Regardless if I'm incorrect about the specifics of the genre, it still falls under the point I'm making. If it's a clunky, slow burner RPG with little FPS elements - people will inevitably let down. From the way it presents itself, it looks like a GTA game with RPG elements. Hell - if this was on the level of Deus Ex, I'd be amazed. I wouldn't even care if it's clunky (because Deus Ex was as well). I'm just saying, the game has impossible hype levels.

The hype for this game is unreal, I hope they can deliver or a lot of people will be pissed off.

The hype for this game is unreal, I hope they can deliver or a lot of people will be pissed off.
I hope I get to see all the 🧂🧂🧂 even if it's amazing and manages to please 100% of people 100% of the time!

I hope I get to see all the 🧂🧂🧂 even if it's amazing and manages to please 100% of people 100% of the time!
I didn't really care for the witcher series but all the hype for this game had me wanting to get it. I know better tho and I'll wait for it to go on sale dirt cheap before buying it.

I will probably wait at least 6 months if not longer for game to be updated, fixed, optimized etc. plus get a much better idea if I would even care about playing it and maybe even at half price :D.

I already know I replied to this post, but one important thing I should have pointed out - from Cyberpunk's Steam Page
"Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City, a megalopolis
obsessed with power, glamour and body modification. " And that's accompanied by a bunch of pictures that depict a cyberpunk GTA-esque game. Not the slow-burner RPG that you're depicting. Which brings me back to my point that CD Projekt Red could be stepping out of their element with this game. Pile on the impossible levels of hype and we have a potential bomb on our hands.

Where they "ordered from" is usually stolen credit card purchased physical copies intended for cheap regions, they rip the boxes open and scan the code.

They are scalpers that end up hurting the developer worse than piracy - yes, some devs have actually said "Pirate it rather than buy from greymarket" because of the math on chargebacks costing them money.

Just buy the game from GOG, this isn't hard.

Care to provide some actual proof that PlayAsia is using stolen credit cards and buying retail copies?

Being out of keys can happen with ALL third-party stores. As these places are not the publisher that generates and hands out keys or a regional key distributor they do not have an unlimited number of keys to sell. Fuck man, this has happened with games on Steam that require activation keys. Are you going to claim that Steam is using stolen copies too?

I didn't really care for the witcher series but all the hype for this game had me wanting to get it. I know better tho and I'll wait for it to go on sale dirt cheap before buying it.
As with everything, waiting for other peoples option about something will always dull the experience, good or bad.
I don't see how a video game warrants a major decision. It's all entertainment, choose to experience it or pass.

Waiting for it to get cheap means you should pass on it and focus on another topic.

So...anyone get their code? Game launched and still no code. Damn you rinaldo00! ;)
Nope, not yet. Still waiting on mine, too.

It's already available for people who didn't buy it. Yay for actually paying for it!

EDIT: Code came in at 10pm last night. Code works and downloading now.

Last edited:
yep purchased while back.. i did receive an email stating that it would release on release day in the early hours of hong kong time... right now its 9am ... ideally should be getting a key by tonight... if i dont get one by tomorrow ill just pick the game from gog and cancel this

I will say I'm a bit nonplussed given PlayAsia's delivery time so far. As tyty123 mentioned, I too got a recent email from them saying that the key would arrive on release day, early hours of the morning in Hong Kong time. Now, given that HK is GMT+8 if I recall, it made sense that their message also said something like "You may need to wait until launch in your region in order to download the game etc" which implied we'd have the keys significantly before launch in the West which made sense given the time zone.

However, at least as of 19:00 or 20:00 on the 9th, CP2077 is formally launched with their standard international launch time, but as of yet I don't have a key. This is a bit frustrating , meaning that not only were users unable to pre-load (not a huge problem for me as even over 100gb my gigabit internet service will make relatively short work of things), but its not even here by launch? Saving the cash is appreciated and thankfully there were no pre-order bonuses or game content to miss out upon, but i really think they should have delivered as they claimed in the letter, which would have put it way before the game's launch.

Not sure you can still do it but if you use a VPN you can get it off the GOG store for as low as $27. Just use the Hola Unblocker extension on Chrome.

ty for the heads up.. and i can confirm that this still did work.. :) got it for under $27 and i cancelled the play-asia one... starting my download now :)

ty for the heads up.. and i can confirm that this still did work.. :) got it for under $27 and i cancelled the play-asia one... starting my download now :)

You sure you won't catch a ban on your account? Or are you always going to be logging into your account from that VPN?

Anyways I'm home in an hour. If the keys aren't out, I'll have to cancel and get it "some other way"

Just letting everyone know, my code arrived and its working! I had no real concern about it arriving at all, but more about the time frame. I wrote a message to PlayAsia before my code arrived, asking for an update and letting them know that they had great prices, but many digital sellers deliver their pre-order/day of codes prior to launch. ( Especially given their time zone etc). Still, Just confirming it did arrive in a reasonable enough time frame, but hope they can deliver a bit faster in the future.

Also Amazon has the PC version back in stock for 49.99. If your credit card gives you additional cashback you'll get another couple of bucks off.

EDIT - didn't occur to me this may be physical copy only... could be a bit of a wait to get it?

Also Amazon has the PC version back in stock for 49.99. If your credit card gives you additional cashback you'll get another couple of bucks off.

EDIT - didn't occur to me this may be physical copy only... could be a bit of a wait to get it?
It indeed is a physical copy. Mine is arriving today.

Back