Cyberpunk 2077 Player Discussion Thread

when has driving with m/kb ever been good? dont get this complaint...
GTA games did okay with it. W and S for forward and back, A and D for left and right, and mouse to look around. A lot of games have had it... I think even the original Mass Effect, and a bunch of others.

GTA games did okay with it. W and S for forward and back, A and D for left and right, and mouse to look around. A lot of games have had it... I think even the original Mass Effect, and a bunch of others.
yeah games have had it, and its never been that good. driving in games needs a controller/wheel.

yeah games have had it, and its never been that good. driving in games needs a controller/wheel.

I would only correct you in saying that DRIVING games need controllers/wheels. If you're playing a game like GTA 5 you're not going to switch over to your full size racing wheel whenever you get in a car. You could realistically pick up a controller during the driving parts, and switch back to keyboard whenever it calls for it however most people end up dealing with it. Especially in the case of Cyberpunk which is a FPS game... people aren't going to be whipping out their giant racing wheels whenever they get into a car... it's not like you're playing Forza at that point and you are never in a car long enough for that to matter. So your argument is a little silly in the context of games like Cyberpunk where you switch between driving and shooting... driving with a keyboard is never so bad that you can't deal with it for a couple minutes during various driving parts in otherwise first-person or third-person games.

I think think the driving mechanics were setup by some who likes drifting, but doesn't understand what it actually entails.

Pretty much all of the cars handle better if you tap the ebrake/space bar around corners. It's really odd.

Last edited:
I would only correct you in saying that DRIVING games need controllers/wheels. If you're playing a game like GTA 5 you're not going to switch over to your full size racing wheel whenever you get in a car. You could realistically pick up a controller during the driving parts, and switch back to keyboard whenever it calls for it however most people end up dealing with it. Especially in the case of Cyberpunk which is a FPS game... people aren't going to be whipping out their giant racing wheels whenever they get into a car... it's not like you're playing Forza at that point and you are never in a car long enough for that to matter. So your argument is a little silly in the context of games like Cyberpunk where you switch between driving and shooting... driving with a keyboard is never so bad that you can't deal with it for a couple minutes during various driving parts in otherwise first-person or third-person games.
no, i wouldnt switch to a wheel BUT i would pick up a controller, if i wasnt already using one....
driving, in racing games or rpgs or even fps has always been crap on keyboard. thats all im saying.

I stopped playing for a bit waiting for the next patch to drop, (not for any particular reason, just curiousity).
Was expecting it to happen sooner than it has so I'll likely dig back in this week to finish up some side quests, think I'm almost done with Panam's storyline.

Anyone else have a bugged end game ? Mines fucked. So I finished up the main story line without doing much of the side stuff, my ending was the Where is My Mind one

I get a pop up about being allowed to return to game with a special reward, but it doesnt work. Each time I click on it, I get sent back to the ending credits, with the same pop up. Stuck in an endless loop it seems. Anyone else have this? What was the actual "reward" I was going to get if they let me return to game?

I would only correct you in saying that DRIVING games need controllers/wheels. If you're playing a game like GTA 5 you're not going to switch over to your full size racing wheel whenever you get in a car.
I did that in mafia and it was perfect. I'd do it in every game if they'd just freaking support it, but none since, not even mafia 2 has supported wheels.

Anyone else have a bugged end game ? Mines fucked. So I finished up the main story line without doing much of the side stuff, my ending was the Where is My Mind one

I get a pop up about being allowed to return to game with a special reward, but it doesnt work. Each time I click on it, I get sent back to the ending credits, with the same pop up. Stuck in an endless loop it seems. Anyone else have this? What was the actual "reward" I was going to get if they let me return to game?
You get to put on extra large penis on your toon.

I have experienced the same issue. Some items, like clothing items seem to stay. Other rewards such as the legendary / iconic weapons are not. I got the Amnesty revolver from my first playthrough but didn't get to keep it. This is the only way you can get these weapons to put on the stash wall without using console commands to get copies of them early. I restorted to the latter, but my experience with the game is that the weapons won't be retained even though they should be.

Almost 80 hours in an I had my first crash. Just doing a random side mission.

Lots of bugs, but no crashes to this point.
1610341655662.png

Almost 80 hours in an I had my first crash. Just doing a random side mission.

Lots of bugs, but no crashes to this point.
View attachment 317937
I get this every time I close the game. I have not had a single crash yet. Few bugs, but nothing game breaking. Last night I closed the game once for a major slowdown. I had a mission where I had to yoink some guy named Vega from an office full of people. Once outside and I tossed him in the back of a van, I got a big slowdown....felt like the physics went hard. I closed and reopened the game. Atleast the game loads fast...like really fast.

I just wish we could change our characters appearance. Im over 50 hours in and I hate my characters face....so much....its gasmask all the time.

Seriously. I want to know what black magic voodoo is going on where they are able to load an open world game of this scale and graphical fidelity in literally 3 seconds. All other developers should be taking notes.
What SSD are you guys using to load the game on three seconds. It’s fast, but not that fast for me. I’m using a drive with 1500-1800MB/s read.

What SSD are you guys using to load the game on three seconds. It’s fast, but not that fast for me. I’m using a drive with 1500-1800MB/s read.

Samsung 970 EVO Plus

I just ran some actual tests with a stopwatch.

From hitting the continue button on the title screen to load complete (press space to continue) 4 seconds
Transition from "press space to continue" to in game 2 seconds
Total 6 seconds

So I exaggerated a bit when I said 3 seconds, but still, this is lightning quick. Maybe the game is preloading as the title cards are showing?

Should also note that reloading after dying takes longer than loading from title screen.

I'm usually loading the game off of RAMcache and 3 seconds sounds about right. If that.

Initial load (from desktop to gameplay) takes maybe 10 seconds because of the fucking autoplay video.

I think I'm going to take a break from the game. I'm about 25 hours in and I just don't feel compelled to finish it. The game play has been fairly bug free for me fortunately.

Beg to differ, while I will agree you can get a much better feel as someone who grew up when wheels were not an option or item to think about keyboard and mouse is how I play. Last real driving game I was into was Dirt 2 and did very well with keyboard and mouse. Anyone can be good, if they practice and are used to it. Not as intuitive but it can work.

sure its doable, its not intuitive but it can work. ie: not that good.
Depends, I find using a controller horrible, same with flying in games like GTA. I've used a few wheels and tried a number out but I always go back to the keyboard because I started there, played with that input method for the longest time and am most comfortable and have the most fun with it. Wheel's are nice and if I spent the time to really dig in I may enjoy it but I dont play hard core racers much. Dirt 2 was the most recent example and I really had fun using the KB. To each their own is the point.

Just finished a 100% achievements run on Xbox Series S, a level 49 non-lethal hacker character, and a level 44 sword-wielding sociopath. Gotta give the game devs props for making the game so much fun with completely different play styles.

I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. I had a great time, but some of the bugs really broke the immersion at the very least. This game really needed more time in the oven.

Last edited:
5GB patch to fix the few things listed in the patch notes? Having a real difficult time believing that...

This only appleis to the moaners, who are never satisfied, unless the tube tells them to like a game.

A good portion of my game buying revolves around "Does it support 3840x1600?".

Beg to differ, while I will agree you can get a much better feel as someone who grew up when wheels were not an option or item to think about keyboard and mouse is how I play. Last real driving game I was into was Dirt 2 and did very well with keyboard and mouse. Anyone can be good, if they practice and are used to it. Not as intuitive but it can work.

I agree. I can drive just fine in Cyberpunk with a mouse and keyboard. Or any game really.

I think driving in Cyberpunk is the best of any shooter / action game I've ever seen. In most games it is only an afterthought, but cdpr paid attention to such details that you'd never see short of simulators. I really enjoy driving in it, so much that I barely used fast travel.

I think driving in Cyberpunk is the best of any shooter / action game I've ever seen. In most games it is only an afterthought, but cdpr paid attention to such details that you'd never see short of simulators. I really enjoy driving in it, so much that I barely used fast travel.

I think the driving is, by default not amazing. This is for the simple fact that everything spins out too easily and it always feels like you are driving on ice. That being said, this can be fixed to a large degree by mods that alter the driving characteristics of the game. The cars still behave the same relative to each other. Nothing will make the Quadra Turbo R not turn like a dump truck, but overall, you can remove some of that driving on ice feeling.

I think the driving is, by default not amazing. This is for the simple fact that everything spins out too easily and it always feels like you are driving on ice. That being said, this can be fixed to a large degree by mods that alter the driving characteristics of the game. The cars still behave the same relative to each other. Nothing will make the Quadra Turbo R not turn like a dump truck, but overall, you can remove some of that driving on ice feeling.
To me it actually feels like I'm driving on rails with most of the cars. There are a few rwd cars that can spin during cornering but it's very easy to get them under control after I got the hang of it. Every car is unique and that's great. I've purchased almost all of them in my current game. There are only a few left but I ran out of side missions, so I'll probably have to use the painting exploit to get the remaining ones.

BTW, first mod tools released to the public: https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/modding-support

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I love that in this game, like The Division, those "mid game" points - I look just like a homeless psycho who found every piece of clothing off dead people. Different dead people.
Oh wait, that's exactly how we got here. Well, there you go.

Cop hat w earpiece, snow boots, formal shirt w/tie, hot pants, and a shotgun. Yes, radiates trusted professional merc. I look like a Mox on bath salts, but I have +zillion crit, +2xzillion crit damage, and make no sound. So here we are.

Seems the real end-game is cobbling together a coherent outfit.

Back