Cyberpunk 2077 Player Discussion Thread

So far, I've invested 121.9 hours into Cyberpunk 2077 and am on my second playthrough. Initially my view was mixed due to the bugs but after path 1.06, it's been a flawless experience.

Second playthrough I'm taking my time to discover every nook and cranny of Night City. I want to know Night City inside and out as well as the outer lands. This is the largest map I've ever had the pleasure of exploring.

I decided to go Nomad, sitting at 40 hours right now, ~lvl 23 and street cred lvl ~44.

With this game I've been taking the same approach I have with Witcher 3. I shoot small-ish "circles" around an area of the map and do everything in that area. Go and do a main quest, find myself somewhere far away from my last "circle", then repeat in and around that area.

It's been extremely enjoyable so far. 0 crashes, 0 game-breaking bugs, but a number of funny ones, with most of those revolving around the calling of a vehicle.

I had just walked out of a large apartment complex and called my vehicle. It drove ~10 feet then SNAPPED into the ground at a 45* angle. Front doors and front end was all I could see, lol. It sounded like it was vibrating/clipping really hard, you know the sound.

Pic:
20201227112903_1.jpg

After I got into it (after saving of course) and trying to drive forward, all the body panels shot off the car (maximum damage I guess?) and I rolled around in a Trailer Park Boys caliber ride for a bit.

I did have one bug that drove me nuts. After doing a mission for Panam I bugged it to where I could no longer jump (could do everything else), but that was resolved by getting into a cutscene about 5 minutes later.

Other then that... I'm loving NC so far. Just have to keep telling myself the LOW FPS dips are just the game itself... I'll go from 90+ to 30 (out of my Gsync compatible range) in heavy NPC areas on my sig rig at High+ (no RT). It is a bit jarring, and I certainly do notice it.

I'm finding it hard to believe I'm CPU bound at UW 1440p, but it is happening. GPU maxes out at ~85% and CPU is sitting at 95+% regularly.

This game is making me want to see how a 10k series i9 would do (with Rysen being OOS everywhere...), the lows out of GSync range are bugging me.

TLDR; funny bugs, LOVING the game so far.

EDIT: Nexus mods is starting to populate, I'm excited to try some of the performance-related ones out here soon. Just like Witcher 3, I do believe they will be the saving grace of this game and give it the longevity it has potential for: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/top/

Last edited:
45ish hours in now. Level 32, just finished maxing out Technical Ability and I crafted myself some really ridiculous Tech weapons like a shotgun precision rifle that (due to perks) charges super fast and gets like 5 simultaneous multi-thousand damage headshots through as much cover as I can throw at it. Also with a tech handgun I can get like 20k+ crits from sneaking, but sadly I don't think you can get a tech handgun WITH a silencer so I normally used a ridiculous silenced magnum revolver that has a ton of headshot damage modifiers which still gets like 10k crits, but silently!)

I'm glad to hear my tech ability dump will pay off eventually! I was worried, because upgrading seems so minimal when you're lvl 20+. I'm sitting at 18 tech ability and player level ~23. The found gear increases much quicker then dumping into upgrading (and I scour the area for every little thing I can scrap for components). I never sell a blue or above, they get scrapped. Crafting is an EXCELLENT way to grab XP though.

The more I play Cyberpunk, the more I seem to feel disappointed by what could have been there and isn't there gameplay-wise.

What's the point of hacking into a network except to gain quickhack crafting components? Looks like this was some kind of cut stealth/infiltration related feature.

Similarly: what about all those tech panels which require a technical skill check to use, but do absolutely nothing? One NPC tells me to find one to turn off the lights to make myself harder to see. Apparently that's another cut feature.

Played one side quest where the NPCs eat some food together - except the food is clearly using placeholder model/textures, presumably because whoever was supposed to animate the scene ran out of time.

Choices seem to lead to genuinely different quest outcomes and consequences much more rarely than I remember in The Witcher 3 - again, my bet is on cut content.

I wish the devs had one or even two extra years, because while there is enough polish for the game to play well enough, there is so much more potential here. Had CDPR taken more time, they could've not released the game on older consoles at all, avoiding that whole debacle. It's too bad things didn't work out that way. If they really really needed to release now, it should've been labeled "early access" then everyone would've been happy.

I am not finding too many game breaking bugs just typical not enough testing rushed release bugs. I am playing on my poor eluktronics Mech 17 with a i7 9750H undervolted by 100mV with a rtx 2070 8gb with 32gb of ddr4... I get 48+ fps...

On rtx ultra settings :D i am sure if i tweaked it and adjusted the settings i could get it over 100fps.

The more I play Cyberpunk, the more I seem to feel disappointed by what could have been there and isn't there gameplay-wise.

What's the point of hacking into a network except to gain quickhack crafting components? Looks like this was some kind of cut stealth/infiltration related feature.

Similarly: what about all those tech panels which require a technical skill check to use, but do absolutely nothing? One NPC tells me to find one to turn off the lights to make myself harder to see. Apparently that's another cut feature.

Played one side quest where the NPCs eat some food together - except the food is clearly using placeholder model/textures, presumably because whoever was supposed to animate the scene ran out of time.

Choices seem to lead to genuinely different quest outcomes and consequences much more rarely than I remember in The Witcher 3 - again, my bet is on cut content.

I wish the devs had one or even two extra years, because while there is enough polish for the game to play well enough, there is so much more potential here. Had CDPR taken more time, they could've not released the game on older consoles at all, avoiding that whole debacle. It's too bad things didn't work out that way. If they really really needed to release now, it should've been labeled "early access" then everyone would've been happy.
they needed another couple months of polish for the consoles they should have staggered it did pc and delayed the console they could have been upfront about it. Unfortunately the marketers promised a ps4 release but yes this should be a ps5 xbox x and pc release. But the bottom line is marketing over hyped it and rushed it so it would still be in 2020.

Last edited:

Yeah, I have to agree - and you get so many quickhack components that it's absurd, you can't really sell them AFAIK and it only takes a few to craft a quickhack, which you only ever need one of each, sooo...makes no sense. But you are stuck with Rare or Epic hacks 99% of the game unless you max out Technical. I think I found a Legendary hack ONCE. Plus there seems to be very little variety of hacks, and nothing unique / iconic. Really feels like a missed opportunity, or just, like you say, they ran out of time.

I noticed the same thing about those electrical panels, it seems like it should turn off power but it does absolutely nothing any time I've done it.

I'm kind of irritated, I've been playing on very hard for a while because I read that you get more XP the higher the difficulty, but I guess that was a lie. I just recorded the XP from kills and a mission the same way for all 4 difficulties, and of course the XP was exactly the same.

Yeah, I have to agree - and you get so many quickhack components that it's absurd, you can't really sell them AFAIK and it only takes a few to craft a quickhack, which you only ever need one of each, sooo...makes no sense. But you are stuck with Rare or Epic hacks 99% of the game unless you max out Technical. I think I found a Legendary hack ONCE. Plus there seems to be very little variety of hacks, and nothing unique / iconic. Really feels like a missed opportunity, or just, like you say, they ran out of time.

I noticed the same thing about those electrical panels, it seems like it should turn off power but it does absolutely nothing any time I've done it.

I'm about to buy the 100k respec since i'm one perk point short of the one to craft legendary quickhacks and its irritating me. As far as I've been able to tell, there aren't any to find and they all have to be crafted.

That all being said, as it stands with all Epic QH's, I start off fights with a breach protocol, throw out a contagion then just hit people with that electric burst that I can't remember the name of. Within seconds they're all dead and I never entered "Combat".

veryhard.exe

Reactions: Parja
like this
I'm kind of irritated, I've been playing on very hard for a while because I read that you get more XP the higher the difficulty, but I guess that was a lie. I just recorded the XP from kills and a mission the same way for all 4 difficulties, and of course the XP was exactly the same.
If it's like Witcher 3, it's based more on what level you are versus what level the encounter is. Which in this game I guess is represented by the "Danger level: High/Moderate/Low" thing.

I'm about to buy the 100k respec since i'm one perk point short of the one to craft legendary quickhacks and its irritating me. As far as I've been able to tell, there aren't any to find and they all have to be crafted.

That all being said, as it stands with all Epic QH's, I start off fights with a breach protocol, throw out a contagion then just hit people with that electric burst that I can't remember the name of. Within seconds they're all dead and I never entered "Combat".

veryhard.exe
I did find ONE legendary quickhack for System Reset, but that's it. I'm also annoyed that I have to put 18 points in to get the stupid Legendary crafting.

Really it's just Breach Protocol, then use whatever they are weak to when you scan them. Weak to fire? Use Overheat. Weak to electricity? Use Electric Shock or whatever it's called. Contagion is poison damage I believe so it's more effective on some enemies more than others.

I still need to get the NetWatch cyberdeck which I believe allows regular quickhacks to spread to other enemies. I imagine that would be OP as fuck, as if they're not already OP even with just Epic quickhacks.

I looked at my supercar in game earlier, and was like "dang... these reflections on the paint don't look so good. I guess RT isn't all that great." Then I moved around and saw a perfect image on the glass of the building behind me... RT projects images completely differently depending on the surface of the car.

Ray Tracing is jaw dropping in this game. Seriously. It adds an extra layer of depth that I didn't know I needed in this game.

I did find ONE legendary quickhack for System Reset, but that's it. I'm also annoyed that I have to put 18 points in to get the stupid Legendary crafting.

Really it's just Breach Protocol, then use whatever they are weak to when you scan them. Weak to fire? Use Overheat. Weak to electricity? Use Electric Shock or whatever it's called. Contagion is poison damage I believe so it's more effective on some enemies more than others.

I still need to get the NetWatch cyberdeck which I believe allows regular quickhacks to spread to other enemies. I imagine that would be OP as fuck, as if they're not already OP even with just Epic quickhacks.

Know whats really OP? The launcher cyberware combined with tranquilizer. One shots any enemy in the game regardless of what it is, including Adam Smasher. lol.

Know whats really OP? The launcher cyberware combined with tranquilizer. One shots any enemy in the game regardless of what it is, including Adam Smasher. lol.
I got that but it feels like it doesn't do anything. It shoots an exploding projectile but I've never had it actually knock someone out - even though I have the Tranq mod. Guessing it's a bug or something.

I got that but it feels like it doesn't do anything. It shoots an exploding projectile but I've never had it actually knock someone out - even though I have the Tranq mod. Guessing it's a bug or something.

You have to hit them directly, and the aim is.... wonky. And also very short range. The hit detection is like trying to play call of duty in 1999 over dial up. Also, sometimes it makes the launching sound but never actually shot anything soooo... clearly a top AAA title.

You have to hit them directly, and the aim is.... wonky. And also very short range. The hit detection is like trying to play call of duty in 1999 over dial up. Also, sometimes it makes the launching sound but never actually shot anything soooo... clearly a top AAA title.

If you have the Smart cyberware hand mod is mildly "tracks".

If you have the Smart cyberware hand mod is mildly "tracks".
Tyger claws have a aura of anti smartweapons so if you use a smart weapon 9 out of 10 bullets will miss regardless of level. Imho i would start with the characture sheet as for where to start rebalancing. The way it seems to work is you have 3 options decker berserker and defensive the beserker and defensive modules should not take the deck slot. I know why they did it but it is stupid. The benifit to having your deck upgraded should be active anti hacking for you net runners and other deckers attacking you with over heat and the tyger claws smart weapon mitigation thing with a good enough fire wall rating should be stopped. Honestly they have been working on this game for 8 years it really doesnt seem like it. It seems like they have been begging for funding and hyping it for 8 years and threw it together in the last 2. It doesn't have enough new ideas over say GTA or saints row or watch dogs to justify such a long dev time.

I decided to go Nomad, sitting at 40 hours right now, ~lvl 23 and street cred lvl ~44.

With this game I've been taking the same approach I have with Witcher 3. I shoot small-ish "circles" around an area of the map and do everything in that area. Go and do a main quest, find myself somewhere far away from my last "circle", then repeat in and around that area.

It's been extremely enjoyable so far. 0 crashes, 0 game-breaking bugs, but a number of funny ones, with most of those revolving around the calling of a vehicle.

I had just walked out of a large apartment complex and called my vehicle. It drove ~10 feet then SNAPPED into the ground at a 45* angle. Front doors and front end was all I could see, lol. It sounded like it was vibrating/clipping really hard, you know the sound.

Pic:
View attachment 313594

Question, google hasn’t been much help here:

do you lose your quick hacks for a while or did I encounter a game destroying bug

I passed where V gets shot in the head, you play as Johnny for a bit, and then crawl out of a ditch as V again and my quick hacks are totally gone.

I played for a while like this not realizing it (since I just mostly played as a typical gun/fps player) and eventually noticed the hacks are totally gone. They don’t populate at all in the scanner screen anymore

do they come back eventually??

So I choose Corpo....but then when I went to the bar some thugs asked for the chip back did I wreck my game already by not doing the corporate thing.
Or are these guys just outsiders? Just got done with the training then saved the game I got the Mercenary achievement but it looks like the fool from tarot cards. I really like the game but I wish I could increase the FOV over 100 because I'm playing at 1080P so I wish I could zoom out a little more on my 24" screen.

Question, google hasn’t been much help here:

do you lose your quick hacks for a while or did I encounter a game destroying bug

I passed where V gets shot in the head, you play as Johnny for a bit, and then crawl out of a ditch as V again and my quick hacks are totally gone.

I played for a while like this not realizing it (since I just mostly played as a typical gun/fps player) and eventually noticed the hacks are totally gone. They don’t populate at all in the scanner screen anymore

do they come back eventually??

Are you sure you have a cyberdeck installed?

I'm just at about 100 hours now, completed two of the endings and finished all of the achievements for clearing all the gigs/NCPD Scanner missions in each area. I think I will go for 100% achievements after a respec which is unheard of for me. The game has issues but parts of it are some of the best experiences I have had in a single player game since.. the Mass Effect series I guess? Also the two endings were 100% different from each other and both were satisfying. I missed out on the secret ending though so I might have to go back to a prior save and pick some different dialog options to enable it.

I noticed more T-pose issues since the latest patch though after not seeing any previously. I'll be driving down the road and suddenly my character will pop out of the vehicles roof in a T-pose for a second then everything goes back to normal. Otherwise it has been a fairly good experience bug wise despite some janky open world stuff and some issues with quest progression in the first week.

Why do mirrors not reflect me, the player? I've got everything maxed out on a 3080. They are either non reflective until you click them an purposely "look in mirror", or they just don't draw you in - while they do draw in NPCs?

1609706280173.png

Why do mirrors not reflect me, the player? I've got everything maxed out on a 3080. They are either non reflective until you click them an purposely "look in mirror", or they just don't draw you in - while they do draw in NPCs?
From what I've seen, it has to do with the game being 1st person, so technically you aren't there.

Just an FYI / sharing thing:

Getting a solid 60 FPS at 4K right now. Am used to 100ish fps in other games yet this still seems smooth, might be the first game I really appreciate g-sync in?

All settings high (none ultra) and "Ray Tracing" set to ON. None of the other ray tracing settings are on (ie shadows, light, and whatever the 3rd one is, just the first general ray tracing setting is ON). Enabling even just one of the others seems to drop it to low 50's.

7980XE (yeah old school but clocked at 4.5 ghz) and a water blocked 3090 running about 1950 Mhz (rig in sig). Got a 10980XE on order to arrive next week (flame away, but I'm stuck with this mobo till the next HEDT comes out, custom water is a b*tch!! and really discourages changing out mobos). Hope will eek out 70 FPS at 4.7ghz if I'm lucky (with the same settings)?

Last edited:
skypine27. Report back on how the new CPU does. At 4K I suspect it will not make any difference. Seems most any CPU bundled with 3090 is at ~60FPS.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-cpu-scaling-benchmarks

View attachment 315643

Good point, youre probably going to be right and it will end up being a small waste of money for now. I say "small" because you'd be surprised what people pay for used CPUs on Ebay, I bet I get a decent chunk for my old 7980XE. God knows why they do, but they do.

skypine27. Report back on how the new CPU does. At 4K I suspect it will not make any difference. Seems most any CPU bundled with 3090 is at ~60FPS.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-cpu-scaling-benchmarks

View attachment 315643

Picked up about 5 FPS

The new CPU, using the Asus "extreme tweaker" blah blah auto over clock tool sets at 4.9ghz. The old CPU was just at 4.5 Same RAM speed etc.

Where it used to seem a pretty solid 55 FPS throughout the game, it seems to hover around 60 now. I didnt change any other settings, just went from a 7980 XE at 4.5 to a 10980XE at 4.9

This is the first game where I've ever thought "oh God yes I'm hitting 30fps."
You haven't been gaming long then. Back when id was all bleeding edge, every title brought cards to their knees. Q1, Q2, Q3a were all super punishing at launch and required a lot of bench-marking and compromised settings (back in those wild west days there wasn't a bunch of sites letting you know how to get the best FPS with minimum PQ impact). I remember HL1, Shogo, and Sin were all rough for me too.
I don't think I got anywhere close to playing Q3a at frame-rates I was happy with until 5-6 years after it launched. There was still a big community playing the game still too.

I actually find CP2077 to be fairly easy to run decently well. I play at 3200xwhatever resolution with most things on Ultra or high and I find I have very few slow downs on a Radeon VII. Of course the VII is the fastest card I've ever had and the most high end one too relative to new cards.

You haven't been gaming long then. Back when id was all bleeding edge, every title brought cards to their knees. Q1, Q2, Q3a were all super punishing at launch and required a lot of bench-marking and compromised settings (back in those wild west days there wasn't a bunch of sites letting you know how to get the best FPS with minimum PQ impact). I remember HL1, Shogo, and Sin were all rough for me too.
I don't think I got anywhere close to playing Q3a at frame-rates I was happy with until 5-6 years after it launched. There was still a big community playing the game still too.

I actually find CP2077 to be fairly easy to run decently well. I play at 3200xwhatever resolution with most things on Ultra or high and I find I have very few slow downs on a Radeon VII. Of course the VII is the fastest card I've ever had and the most high end one too relative to new cards.
i remember shooting for 24fps....

overall i really do like the game, but the driving is ass on mouse and keyboard. feel like I have to tap A and D to make it palatable, I found motorcycles to be the easiest to control so have just been defaulting to riding bikes exclusively.

Back