Cyberpunk 2077 Player Discussion Thread

Just watched a few gameplay streams. From what I can see everytime there is text above someones head, I should be able to hear that NPC talking. I NEVER hear anything. City sounds much more alive in the streams too. I hear no convos or anything going on in the background as I walk thru populated areas.

I get a lot of weird pop in from background models to that show on top of everything else that should be hidden by other objects.

Now the question is, how the hell do I fix this now that I'm a few hours in the game. Playing on a Steam copy with latest NVIDIA drivers.
Maybe you have your sound set to 5.1 and only using 2 speakers, that would make dialog missing since that plays in the center speaker.

Is it just my game or is the city super quiet? When I'm walking around none of the NPCs are chatting. If I walk up to them and press talk, there is no reaction. Sometimes I'll see blue subtitles above their head like a chat bubble but never any actual voices unless its a mission related NPC. The entire city is super quiet. I walked into some small barricades and knocked them over and that was crazy loud but otherwise the audio environments are extremely dull
should be able to see words above their heads if they're talking a little distance from you and you focus on them. Some of them just don't talk (probably most of them), but they'll tell you to sod off if you keep hitting f

So, i hate this stuff because it doesn't make sense. In the starting area of the map (i'm on Act 2) so Watson, i believe, my GPU stays pegged at 97-99% and all is well.

If I drive across the bridge east to Japantown/littlejapan, GPU usage drops almost immediately to 75% usage and framerate suffers, naturally. This is 100% repeatable every single time.

Do you get to fly AV-4, AV-6, or AV-7? Are there runs where you have to work for Arasaka, or can you just nuke them like at the end of the fourth corporate war?

Anything about Spider Murphy, Edger, Dana, Dog, the ghost of Bartmoss, or a clone of Dr. Alterra Cunningham?

I have a couple of questions for y'all:

1) Is there any point to alcohol? It seems like only debuffs and it's worth more than most consumables, so I've just been selling it.

2) Are you guys disassembling items, or selling? I am not really ever sure which to do, I usually sell higher-price common/uncommon items and disassemble stuff that is worth less.

Stay FAR away from the 1.04 "HotFix" it breaks the game.

Wife is playing on a R5 3600x,same mobo as me,2x16Gb ddr4 3200 and a evga FTW3 2080Super,Win 10 64,DX 12,512Gb sata ssd,nv game ready drivers 460 for 2077, same as me. I am on Build 1,03 and running great at 1440P ULTRA + Ultra RTX but motion blur on low and DLSS 2.0 on Quality. So was she. She grabbed the new hotfix 1.04 and now the game will not start up at all. Steam and GOG official Forums are overloaded with similiar reports of 1.04 being game breaking.

should be able to see words above their heads if they're talking a little distance from you and you focus on them. Some of them just don't talk (probably most of them), but they'll tell you to sod off if you keep hitting f

It is lively for me,I have "Crowds" set to High.

Just for grins: Is there any way you can change your character's appearance if you feel like it? (past just clothing) If I wanted to return to the character creator via an in game "gimmick" to do it?

Just got a patch, v1.04. Fast to download but sure is taking time to install. Patch notes: Cyberpunk 2077 patch fixes visual bugs, addresses seizure dangers - Polygon
I'm grateful I don't have this issue but with HDR on I definitely had a few times (notably with the braindance stuff) where I squinted my eyes and thought about this and people with it.

I have to say it feels a lot like old school Deus Ex. All the different ways to play are a little overwhelming but it’s a lot of fun and definitely engrossing. I lost track of time pretty hard last night.

Ditto,harkens back to the fun of the 1st Deus Ex/Baldurs Gate/Planescape games. I am having so much fun even with the crashes to desktop every few hours and occasional graphics bugs (Kirk's Sunglasses and occasionally messy SSR)

Runs very well maxxed out on Ultra on my wife's 2080Super/r5 3600x/2x16Gb ram and sata ssd,with RTX on Ultra at 1440p with DLSS on Quality she capped her fps at 30 and says it very smooth.. Great music ,fantastic ambiance, very good voice acting,cutting edge graphics,beautiful rasterized lighting and even more beautiful when using RTX. Love the architecture of the buildings, really deep world and character building too,in fact those 2 are THE highlights for me. There are quests that have 8 and 9 ways to carry them out,its Deus Ex and more in that dept.

Just for grins: Is there any way you can change your character's appearance if you feel like it? (past just clothing) If I wanted to return to the character creator via an in game "gimmick" to do it?

I'm grateful I don't have this issue but with HDR on I definitely had a few times (notably with the braindance stuff) where I squinted my eyes and thought about this and people with it.

No. I wish there was,and many many folks on the official CDPR forums are asking for just that.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this

Wife is playing on a R5 3600x,same mobo as me,2x16Gb ddr4 3200 and a evga FTW3 2080Super,Win 10 64,DX 12,512Gb sata ssd,nv game ready drivers 460 for 2077, same as me. I am on Build 1,03 and running great at 1440P ULTRA + Ultra RTX but motion blur on low and DLSS 2.0 on Quality. So was she. She grabbed the new hotfix 1.04 and now the game will not start up at all. Steam and GOG official Forums are overloaded with similiar reports of 1.04 being game breaking.
happened to my roommate too, verifying files fixed it. steam btw.

While I enjoyed the graphics and what I could play of the story (just under 2 hours of play, numerous crashes with no workable fix), I'm a bit disheartened by all the information I've run into while searching possible fixes on my end.

Before running into all the negative talk, I did find a lack of keybind options odd, gun-play felt off, and basic QoL stuff seemed missing or poorly implemented, but hearing about the open world experience is really sad at this point. It sounds more like an early beta build with placeholder systems (bad/no NPC AI, lack of world interactivity, poor driving experiences, weak/broken stealth mechanics and gun-play, ect.), missing features that were promised (crime rating, aesthetic affinity, NPC cycle, ect.), no real RP related progression (you're a standard mercenary with no affiliation based consequences/interactions), lack of quest diversity...

I tried to stay away from most PR information over the years, but what I did run into made it sound a lot like a mash-up of Deus Ex and Elder Scrolls/Red Dead Redemption mixed with a bit of GTA; hearing that they pretty much dropped the ball and didn't deliver any of that on top of the critical release bugs is just heartbreaking. I'm still hoping the game succeeds and the developers deliver on their promises/vision, but I'm going to take a refund and wait for optimization before buying it on sale at this point.

No issues here, if this was happening to everyone I'd agree with you but its not and my discord is full of people playing just fine on that patch. Verify your game files.

I don't have the game myself but if you want to be able to one-shot literally everything in the game, have a watch on this video. Since it is a person discussing game-play, I felt it wasn't off topic. (no game-play spoilers BTW)

Last edited:
I actually have experienced very few glitches, in contrast to the reviewers' experiences.

It's a little janky sometimes, but I haven't had anything game breaking, and honestly, works well. Slow on my system, but hasn’t pooped the bed. Pretty amazing open world.

<shrug>

I was having issues picking up certain items off the ground, but after the 1.04 patch it seems better, if not resolved entirely.

So, I'm on the mission disasterpiece and I can't find Judy's van. It seems to be underground. Anyone know if this is a bug?

I did that hex thing,

IMG_0288.PNG

IMG_6665.JPG

IMG_6666.JPG

Finally picked this game up, and so far so good. Not seeing a lot of bugs yet that disrupt the game for me anyways.

I'm kinda bummed you can't freeplay your character harvesting mods from kills. I'd go full Saw and Bone collector.

I think this screwed me up over the weekend and I had to download 17 gigs of files from Steam to correct it. I kept getting some flatline crash at startup. Between my daughter and I we are about 14 hours played between her corpo and my street kid. I'm at the tail end of Covid and have felt a little too crappy to sit in front of all the bright lights the last couple days.

Taco watched youtube of some gameplay nd does anyone else notice that graphics are quite underwhelming? Feels like metro last light plasticky characters, except maybe more complex scenes..🙄looks like a graphics fail to taco being a super latest hi tech edge release. Plenty of RGB though, everywhere😂

Youtube is becoming less and less reliable for judging graphics as time gets on. The horrid compression algorithms used absolutely crush colors and destroy details. The game is actually incredibly pretty (in most areas). Character models can be a bit hit and miss and they do have a bit of a plastic-y look to them, but it's not that bad.

The graphics are pretty amazing, it definitely doesn’t come through on streaming. Can’t find settings to make face shadows look right but apart from that it’s one of the few games where I just sit and watch the scenery. Lot of asset reuse for internal layouts though

I’ve been pretty lucky with bugs, few reloads and two crashes in 15 hours. Had absolutely no performance problems but at this point I’m expecting it’s because nvidia have done an apple and made it run like ass on older cards. 3000 series and I’m golden.

Last edited:
Taco watched youtube of some gameplay nd does anyone else notice that graphics are quite underwhelming? Feels like metro last light plasticky characters, except maybe more complex scenes..🙄looks like a graphics fail to taco being a super latest hi tech edge release. Plenty of RGB though, everywhere😂

Part of the problem is DLSS. Lotta folks using DLSS on the performance mode. If you're at 4K, the rendering resolution is 720p if using performance. If using the quality mode at 4K, the rendering resolution is 1440p. DLSS is good, but it's not THAT good.

Part of the problem is DLSS. Lotta folks using DLSS on the performance mode. If you're at 4K, the rendering resolution is 720p if using performance. If using the quality mode at 4K, the rendering resolution is 1440p. DLSS is good, but it's not THAT good.

I believe Performance would be 1080p at 4K while Ultra Performance is 720p.

I believe Performance would be 1080p at 4K while Ultra Performance is 720p.

Ahh. That's still a 4x increase in pixel count. AI is very nice, and I appreciate the performance boost(3840x1600 etc medium dlss quality), but it's not pure magic.

I had zero issues with the patch, however, I always run a verify/repair after patches, especially the first several.

I have not seen any floating pedestrians or sunk cars since the patch, just the random set pieces, like cigarettes or lunch bags not sure if that was fixed or coincidence.

I have had zero game breaking bugs, but one repeatable bug, is a crash if you bounce quickly between saves. Although this may be tied to the cloud save syncing.

I ended up dropping RT/dlss. Dropped shadows to medium and can get around 60/70 fps average @ 1440p.

RT looks great in shiny areas, or areas with lots of shadow and light play, like in buildings and alleyways. But on a 2080s the up close quality loss and performance hit isn't worth it.

So confirmation on optimizing console and fixing bugs, but no acknowledgment of the poor state of core mechanics or intent to improve them outside of "...improve the overall experience"? I hope one of the devs directly addresses the core issues because otherwise it looks like the best that can be hoped for is a pretty looking, but mediocre, early 2000 gaming experience. Danm it.

I've barely played due to time shortage, but I haven't run into a single issue yet myself. Not to say I won't later, but so far so good. The game feels good so far. I think I'm going to enjoy it.

So i'm 40 hours in and probably the most frustrating bug is when I can't pull out weapons or hack anything. This was brought to a head when I was doing a side mission that involved taking a shot (liquor) then getting 12 seconds to hit as many targets as I could.

As soon as I take the shot, and that little animation ends, I can't pull out the revolved without absolutely freaking out hitting every button I can then trying to get in as many shots on the target as I can in the 12 seconds.

After save scumming it probably 5-6 times I managed to beat the damn thing which should have been a cakewalk. I was pissed.

I was having issues picking up certain items off the ground, but after the 1.04 patch it seems better, if not resolved entirely.
So yeah, it's not resolved. It might be a bit better but there are still plenty of items that are unable to be picked up, and sometimes even unable to be looted off of bodies.

This is one of the more annoying bugs in the game. The second one that annoys me is that sometimes Tech weapons just won't charge/fire, for seeingly no reason.

Back