Cyberpunk 2077 Player Discussion Thread

RareAir23

Limp Gawd
So I looked in a few sub forums of General Gaming but haven't found a thread on this subject yet for people just getting Cyberpunk 2077 so I thought I'd create a thread where we can discuss our actual experiences in the game. Let's try to keep the spoilers to a minimum at the moment and just discuss our experiences in the game. You know? Try to talk about what we're enjoying about the game, how the gameplay mechanics feel, what do we think of the story so far (without giving too much away as a spoiler), the game's pacing, etc. I'll start it up. I started my playthrough on the Nomad life path. Spent an hour in last night and from a pacing standpoint that hour went very fast. I did the first main story mission and I was already in Night City. I sense there were quite a few side missions in the starting area for the Nomad that I missed out on which is a bummer. I am now debating starting over again to see if I can do the side missions in the Nomad starting area...if there are any? I'll play more tonight and into the weekend. I now open the floor to the rest of you. Out!

I have to say it feels a lot like old school Deus Ex. All the different ways to play are a little overwhelming but it’s a lot of fun and definitely engrossing. I lost track of time pretty hard last night.

Played an hour last night before I had to force myself to go to bed because of work in the morning. Woke up early to put another hour in and as you should see I'm enjoying the game. Not one issue as of yet and I'm picking over everything I see. With how many people I've been able to talk to even the short conversations they put alot of detail in making as many npcs interactive as I've seen in a game. Started Street kid, the wife started corpo. She played well past me last night. As far as graphics it's definitely a feast for the eyes either on a 4k 55in or my 32 1440p monitor.

::BOOT UP GAME::
-sets fps limit to 143, 1 under display max @ 1440p.
-plays 5 minutes of game

::REOPEN GRAPHICS SETTINGS::
-turns everything but textures down to medium
-plays 5 minutes

::REOPEN GRAPHICS SETTINGS AGAIN::
-sets fps limit to 43

Anyone know what setting might make the characters blurry? Like the faces?

So I looked in a few sub forums of General Gaming but haven't found a thread on this subject yet for people just getting Cyberpunk 2077 so I thought I'd create a thread where we can discuss our actual experiences in the game.
someone started it in the video card section for some reason.
watched my roommate attempt to play last night, crashing every 10-20 minutes for him on [email protected], 16GB, 5700xt.

someone started it in the video card section for some reason.
watched my roommate attempt to play last night, crashing every 10-20 minutes for him on [email protected], 16GB, 5700xt.
I have a 5700xt I'm playing it on right now. Initially I had one crash an hour and a half in, but that was with the 5700xt powerplay table modded to like +400 mhz and a lot of watts. I took the crazy OC off and went back to like 2025-2050mhz in game clocks, and it's been rock solid since.

Have him check the settings on his 5700xt, might have a pull the clocks/volts back a bit if it's oc'd. Also, if he's using a pirated version they're not patched to the most recent yet so ymmv. I'm using the GOG version for what it's worth.

Might also be his cpu, if it's limiting the experience. Have him turn the resolution down significantly and see if the crashes persist if he can't find any other solution, and you've got your culprit if not the game itself.

I'm seeing this game is sensitive to systems that are oc'd and not really stable. If you are experiencing crashes remove all OC's first then verify files and see if there is an improvement.

My only real hiccup was early on when I went to get my first two augments Viktor. Whole sequence went through and I was ready to leave but m only objective was to keep talking to Viktor who had the same dialog options and lines over and over. Tried a bunch of things but ended up having to revert to an autosave which luckily was just before I went down to see him. No more issues after that.

Oh and when do we get the walk through doors mod.

My only real hiccup was early on when I went to get my first two augments Viktor. Whole sequence went through and I was ready to leave but m only objective was to keep talking to Viktor who had the same dialog options and lines over and over. Tried a bunch of things but ended up having to revert to an autosave which luckily was just before I went down to see him. No more issues after that.

Oh and when do we get the walk through doors mod.

Oh so I'm not crazy lol, I thought I had to go do something else.

I love the soundtrack in this game. Not so much the in-game radio tracks, but the ambient and combat tracks. They're so fucking perfect for the game.
The music in this game is what stood out the most to me after playing it for a few hours last night. It is fantastic.

Now... driving with mouse/kb also stood out to me as well... and I'd rather get a Roach.

PSA: From GOG game download - Game breaking bug - halts progression early on.

After getting your implants at the Ripperdoc, the quest will continue to tell you to talk to viktor, in which he's looking for you to pay him over 20k currency. Since you may have between 1-2k currency at this point in the game, it seems like you should do sidequests to make money, unfortunately they don't pay much, essentially breaking progression. After the surgery, you talk to him, and it's meant to progress to your next questline of talk to jackie. You have to save your game, and exit completely out of cyberpunk and the launcher. Relaunch, and when you load back in, the questline should be updated so you can actually play the game. If reloading doesn't fix it, you'll have to go back to a save before viktor and try saving, and qutting around the time you get the implant complete till it progresses to jackie. Hope this helps, as I ran around trying to make money for 2 hours realizing I wasn't making a dent in my debt.

photo mode in 21:9 has an invisible 16:9 wall so that you can't move your mouse to the far sides of screen, so you can't adjust the settings on the left side of the right menu, have to just keep toggling on the left arrow of the setting you are adjusting..
Also, I have the steam version and you can just copy the game folder to another PC and it will run.
Tested it on my 4790k with a GTX 1050 2GB at 3440x1440 and got maybe 15-20fps, lol

My character looks like Katy Perry,

photomode_10122020_091606.png

photo mode in 21:9 has an invisible 16:9 wall so that you can't move your mouse to the far sides of screen, so you can't adjust the settings on the left side of the right menu, have to just keep toggling on the left arrow of the setting you are adjusting..
Also, I have the steam version and you can just copy the game folder to another PC and it will run.
Tested it on my 4790k with a GTX 1050 2GB at 3440x1440 and got maybe 15-20fps, lol

But does she have a wiener...

I've run into quite a few bugs on 21:9, including text cut off the edges and the inability to aim the selection cursor to pick up items. Also, I keep losing the ability to select conversation choices. But other than a few minor things I've been having a grand time... totally lost and forgot about the main mission. I've been running from gang fight to gang fight killing everyone and looting them.

But does she have a wiener...

I've run into quite a few bugs on 21:9, including text cut off the edges and the inability to aim the selection cursor to pick up items. Also, I keep losing the ability to select conversation choices. But other than a few minor things I've been having a grand time... totally lost and forgot about the main mission. I've been running from gang fight to gang fight killing everyone and looting them.
Actually she does, but for some reason when looking in the mirror, it's not there.

And I removed all the clothes but they put her in panties, lol,
photomode_10122020_092438.png

I have a 5700xt I'm playing it on right now. Initially I had one crash an hour and a half in, but that was with the 5700xt powerplay table modded to like +400 mhz and a lot of watts. I took the crazy OC off and went back to like 2025-2050mhz in game clocks, and it's been rock solid since.

Have him check the settings on his 5700xt, might have a pull the clocks/volts back a bit if it's oc'd. Also, if he's using a pirated version they're not patched to the most recent yet so ymmv. I'm using the GOG version for what it's worth.

Might also be his cpu, if it's limiting the experience. Have him turn the resolution down significantly and see if the crashes persist if he can't find any other solution, and you've got your culprit if not the game itself.
gpu is at stock but +10 on power limit. its a legit copy on steam, hes doesnt remember it asking to patch yet. i set the cpu back to stock but it still happed so i put it back up. hes playing 1080/60 @high settings, gpu usage is bouncing between 65-85%. also has a relitively new 850w psu so its not under powered either. only thing with it i havent tried yet is slitting the pcie power between two cables, its on a single line with 2x8pin.

I'm seeing this game is sensitive to systems that are oc'd and not really stable. If you are experiencing crashes remove all OC's first then verify files and see if there is an improvement.
thnx ill try the verify thing.

Actually she does, but for some reason when looking in the mirror, it's not there.

And I removed all the clothes but they put her in panties, lol,
View attachment 307817
look just like my roomates character but his has pink hair. so i think LigTasm is correct. image what online will be lol

Last edited:
that ^^^ and other games have had dongs before.
In all seriousness, how did this game make it past the ratings board? I don't really care but I can see some parents being upset. I'm having a lot of fun either way.

Had this issue too, you can quicksave if you get stuck. load quicksave then the mission objective will change.

yea I shut the game off to have dinner and it was fixed when I loaded it back up.

I’m finding myself walking everywhere because the car makes me motion sick really bad.

I'll have to keep you in mind. I know there were some other glitches that prevented me from seeing some confirmation windows early on in the game in 21:9, was real annoying.

I fired it up for a few minutes last night. It was running a lot smoother than I expected, but I didn't get outside the starting Corpo building yet. On i5-6600k, RTX2070S, 32GB, and only running at 1080, I was getting upper-50's fps most of the time. Settings were Ultra with Ray-Tracing and auto-DLSS, only option I turned off was motion-blur. I didn't think I'd be able to run it with ray-tracing on the 2070, but yeah it was very smooth and playable. Didn't play long enough to see any crashing or noticeable gameplay bugs.

Only major issue I ran into is a lot of the controls can't be re-mapped. I want to put a bunch of stuff on my extra mouse buttons (currently set to letters I-O-P, J-K-L, M-N), want to have E for use, and a few other things to re-arrange, but it looks like several control-functions are hard-coded and can't be changed or let you use those keys for other stuff. Witcher 1 had similar issues, but Witcher 3 worked perfectly for control re-mapping, so pretty surprised they managed to fuck up something this simple on the new game. Definitely not acceptable for a modern AAA title release. Hoping I don't have to get into AutoHotkeys again to fix this myself...

I won't have much time to play until January now anyways - hoping they fix the control-mapping issues before I'm ready to really start playing.

Anyone know what setting might make the characters blurry? Like the faces?

DLSS is probably your culprit. I just learned what that was (Dynamic Learning Super Sampling) a few days ago. Apparently it will auto adjust some aspects of the resolution and anti-aliasing (?) to keep things running smoothly if it detects a slowdown in FPS. When I first started my graphics setup, I set it to "Performance" and I noticed the characters looked blurry and low-res in the character creator. When I saw the game was still running smooth, I switched it back to "Auto" and the character looks a lot clearer now. You might try switching DLSS off/on to see if that fixes your issue, but will come with a massive performance hit.

Is it just my game or is the city super quiet? When I'm walking around none of the NPCs are chatting. If I walk up to them and press talk, there is no reaction. Sometimes I'll see blue subtitles above their head like a chat bubble but never any actual voices unless its a mission related NPC. The entire city is super quiet. I walked into some small barricades and knocked them over and that was crazy loud but otherwise the audio environments are extremely dull

Is it just my game or is the city super quiet? When I'm walking around none of the NPCs are chatting. If I walk up to them and press talk, there is no reaction. Sometimes I'll see blue subtitles above their head like a chat bubble but never any actual voices unless its a mission related NPC. The entire city is super quiet. I walked into some small barricades and knocked them over and that was crazy loud but otherwise the audio environments are extremely dull
probably a glitch. I have people talking all around me with city sounds everywhere

probably a glitch. I have people talking all around me with city sounds everywhere

Just watched a few gameplay streams. From what I can see everytime there is text above someones head, I should be able to hear that NPC talking. I NEVER hear anything. City sounds much more alive in the streams too. I hear no convos or anything going on in the background as I walk thru populated areas.

I get a lot of weird pop in from background models to that show on top of everything else that should be hidden by other objects.

Now the question is, how the hell do I fix this now that I'm a few hours in the game. Playing on a Steam copy with latest NVIDIA drivers.

Just watched a few gameplay streams. From what I can see everytime there is text above someones head, I should be able to hear that NPC talking. I NEVER hear anything. City sounds much more alive in the streams too. I hear no convos or anything going on in the background as I walk thru populated areas.

I get a lot of weird pop in from background models to that show on top of everything else that should be hidden by other objects.

Now the question is, how the hell do I fix this now that I'm a few hours in the game. Playing on a Steam copy with latest NVIDIA drivers.

What are your in-game sound settings at?

Back